What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta 2 loaded on axe16000. Wifi 6E working amazing. Very stable and great speeds. Might be the best I've seen from a firmware yet. Great stuff :)

Installed via a dirty upgrade on my AX88U from 388.3. No issues found yet but I have not analyzed loge as some have. Went very smooth and not sure if it’s my imagination but the WIFI seems to be faster on the 5GHZ side after some tests. Love the new WIFI log page with detailed radio information.

Started having issue where client are connected but no internet connectivity. after reboot it works for few hours than again webpages not being loaded. I will reset the modem again and do clean install to see how it goes.
also there is client showing up with name dhcpcd-5 2 12 Linux-4 4 185 aar which I can't figureout what it is. amazone stick is connected as a different client as I checked the MAC address and I don't have any other amazone devices.
edit note: I am referring to beta 1 here.
just upgraded to beta 2 and will report if had similar issues. dirty upgrade

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806-131124712_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806-131124712_1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Loaded beta 2... For me the same issues at beta 1. DHCP not resolved from provider error. Every other firmware works perfectly except these 2 betas. Unplug and plug back in WAN cable resolves the problem. On a soft or unplug reboot the issue returns. Tried everything including the ASUS reccomendation of changing DHCP frequency from aggressive to continuous. Still dosen't work.

CC
Same issue unfortunately... back to the previous version.

Smooth sailing with beta2 across the sea of internet without any error...
asus_1.11.JPG

GT-AX6000 running 3004.388..4_beta2
I thought it'd be interesting to have a look at WiFi Radar and use the "Save Database to File" option. Only this threw up a script error on the router and all the router WEBUI page entry fields became filled with garbage. Initially thinking this was an issue on my laptop I rebooted the laptop and switched to accessing the router WEBUI through a pi connected to the TV - which also showed all that garbage (and no reboot button). SSH into the router and "reboot" from the command line. I really thought this could have been a "full reset" worthy incident and possibly even "recovery level", but after a reboot all is fine.
I'm assuming this is not Merlin beta firmware related, hence keeping it out of that thread, and I looked for similar reported issues and can't find them, so it's here!
Is anyone else brave enough to see if this is a general fault or just a freak that hit me?
If it is a general fault, I guess it's one that would need reporting to Asus, and is probably not going to be a high enough priority to get fixed anytime soon!

AX86U Pro on Beta 2 continues to perform well this morning - thank you Merlin

merlin beta 2 wifi.jpg

Using Pixel 7 Pro - channel 157/80 (approx distance: 6 ft through one ordinary drywall w/ studs)

merlin beta 2 internet.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd look into this so repeated your steps. While not as extreme as your error the Web page does throw a 404 error and locks the gui for 10-15 seconds.
AX88U though with the same beta.

FWIW - my original Google-Home-Minis (5ghz ac) show up as dhcpcd-6 8 2 Linux-3 8 13 armv
problem is I do not have such devices . google mini, Alexa, smart lighting etc. all devices connected I know them from MAC but just not this one.

problem is I do not have such devices . google mini, Alexa, smart lighting etc. all devices connected I know them from MAC but just not this one.
It's on 2.4, so check by IP?
Or you have 100's of devices? 😅

Upgraded from one year old 386.7_2 version, and it worked without factory reset. Did factory reset anyway.

Was VERY pleasantly surprised to see router remembers port forwards and OpenVPN server settings! I'm guessing it's stored in JFFS partition which I restored after factory reset.
Minor issue I have is when connected to VPN server on router, I cannot access Internet but can access LAN (yes, I have settings on accessing both LAN and Internet), but I need to fiddle with that some more. There were probably bigger changes from 386.7 -> 388.4 and I need to recreate server from scratch, not from JFFS backup.

Good job @RMerlin and thank you.

I had 2 devices reporting this kind of string. One was an ecobee thermostat and the other an Amazon Echo.
The ecobee had a staric IP address (via YazDHCP) and the Echo dynamic.

I took the MAC address and went to any device I hadn’t assigned a static to. Found those!

@Mikeyy, if you used an old backup config file after you did a full reset, you just negated the full reset.

Another successful dirty update!

RT-AX3000 (RT-AX58U)
388.2_2 --> 388.4 beta 2
Reboot after 30 minutes.
Rockin' and Rollin' again.
Thanks @RMerlin.

Sure hope Asus doesn't add this one to their EOL list.

Not yet. :)

As a matter of fact, those models are the recommended products from Asus for the models that are EOL, as of today.

Still running rock stable on ax88u pro after 24 hours. Thank you Merlin!

@RMerlin eo You know if the next release will include Vlan support for the pro models?

-Mike

Loaded beta 2... For me the same issues at beta 1. DHCP not resolved from provider error. Every other firmware works perfectly except these 2 betas. Unplug and plug back in WAN cable resolves the problem. On a soft or unplug reboot the issue returns. Tried everything including the ASUS reccomendation of changing DHCP frequency from aggressive to continuous. Still dosen't work.

CC

what model router are you using? From what version did you upgrade from (and was it factory or Merlin)? All working flawless on my AX88U pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.