What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue only happen in beta firmware. 388.2_2 does not has this issue.
You can lead the horse to water... etc etc

Again, in case you missed it:
This issue only happen in beta firmware >> FOR YOU - WITH YOUR SETUP / CONFIG - SO FAR << 388.2_2 does not has this issue << REPEAT >>

Read all posts in this thread, properly....
AC66U+ that's an AP not AiMesh. This AC66u+ wifi does not has problem.
"...that's an AP on your LAN / AiMesh..."

And again...
AX68U that's a main router. It has a wifi problem on beta << FOR YOU - WITH YOUR SETUP / CONFIG SO FAR >> 388.2_2 does not has problem << REPEAT >>

And again...
The QoS is disabled.
QoS seems to be a big issue (for you...) as you've made this statement in practically every post so far (even when not mentioned by others!)

It's seems like some kind of boot-loop is in-play here and/or English is not the primary language, maybe... Regardless, can only refer back to ALL previous posts in this thread that are associated to your current issue, especially, any of those using AX series routers, who do NOT have the same issues that you do. Try and assist those that may want to assist you, wherever possible. Consistently repeating that this beta firmware is unserviceable for you in certain areas, on certain routers, that you have setup / configured, plus QoS!! seemingly, being stuck on Auto-Repeat isn't conducive for anybody. Posting very small resolution images isn't helpful either.

You can lead the horse to water... etc etc

Again, in case you missed it:

Read all posts in this thread, properly....

"...that's an AP on your LAN / AiMesh..."

And again...

And again...

QoS seems to be a big issue (for you...) as you've made this statement in practically every post so far (even when not mentioned by others!)

It's seems like some kind of boot-loop is in-play here and/or English is not the primary language, maybe... Regardless, can only refer back to ALL previous posts in this thread that are associated to your current issue, especially, any of those using AX series routers, who do NOT have the same issues that you do. Try and assist those that may want to assist you, wherever possible. Consistently repeating that this beta firmware is unserviceable for you in certain areas, on certain routers, that you have setup / configured, plus QoS!! seemingly, being stuck on Auto-Repeat isn't conducive for anybody. Posting very small resolution images isn't helpful either.
I'm sorry, my English is not very good, so I have been trying to use translation tools to respond.

Currently, it seems that I am the only one experiencing this issue, and it's not related to this Beta 3.

I'll revert back to 388.2_2 for now and try the next version of Beta3 when it's available.

wifi_1.jpeg

wifi_2.jpeg

wifi_3.jpeg

wifi_4.jpeg

Thank you. I removed a few pieces of personal information that were left in the list. The only thing that comes up so far is that ddns_return_code isn`t set to 200, but that might be normal - I`d have to dive back into that code to better understand what is happening.

I'll let you know in the coming days if I need anything else tested.
Asus has been looking into the issue (they are also unable to reproduce it). They suggested a change, I will try to get you a test build this weekend to confirm if the change helps.

I'm sorry, my English is not very good, so I have been trying to use translation tools to respond.

Currently, it seems that I am the only one experiencing this issue, and it's not related to this Beta 3.

I'll revert back to 388.2_2 for now and try the next version of Beta3 when it's available.

View attachment 52423
View attachment 52424
View attachment 52425
View attachment 52426
Post #522: You said wifi is problem. Why are both radios turned off?
Also, turn off “Universal Beamforming”

Asus has been looking into the issue (they are also unable to reproduce it). They suggested a change, I will try to get you a test build this weekend to confirm if the change helps.

@RMerlin - OK thanks. Could you be sure to tag any messages in this thread with my name as it's getting a bit difficult to pick out the relevant posts from all the white noise about 160/80Mhz WiFi & QoS that have nothing to do with this Beta.

No, I didn't turn off.

Both radios are enabled.

Do you mean that I have to turn off "Universal Beamforming"?
Look at your pictures, they are off. “Professional Tabs”

Radios are off.

Yes.

Last edited:
DDNS updating seams to work with latest Beta release. Didn't check logs if some errors are spamming them, but this morning IP was updated.
Need to check if I disabled router restarts when I get home.

Mine is on.

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 11-34-35 ASUS Wireless Router GT-AX6000 - Professional.png

DDNS updating seams to work with latest Beta release. Didn't check logs if some errors are spamming them, but this morning IP was updated.
Need to check if I disabled router restarts when I get home.

@RMerlin - I wonder if the repeated DDNS restarts I'm seeing only happen if the WAN reconnects AND the IPaddress is unchanged?

I haven't been able to test this as my ISP keeps giving me the same address when I power the modem off/on.

Both his screenshots shows radios enabled with "Yes" checked. Is there something wrong with your monitor color calibration or what's up?
Could be, running dark mode via Firefox on iPad currently. iPad is also set to dark mode.

Closed circle, filled in like standardized test appears to indicate off.

I have had contrast issues in the past when both iPad and Firefox are both in darkmode.

More than one is telling me I’m wrong so it must be.

Mea Culpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.