What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Job done!

Definitely, I had a corrupted image or error transmission either from downloading the file or uploading it.

I had changed ethernet cables in doing both. So now, I'm good.

Sorry for being an annoyance (if anyone were annoyed), and thanks for putting up with me!

AzuzA

Glad to see you were able to figure out the issue. Definitely an odd one. o7

Dirty upgrade to 3004.388.5_0 on supported devices. 48hrs and no issues.
Excellent work.
TNX

Dirty upgrade, went fine. Thanks @RMerlin for everything you do.

Dirty upgrade to 3004.388.5 from 3004.388.4 with zero issues. Ran faultlessly for 12 hours. A manual (precautionary) re-boot and it's run faultlessly ever since (48+ hours now).
Thanks @RMerlin for yet more, much appreciated, progress.

Firstly, semi dirty flash from 388.4 to 388.5 on Sunday has been solid. Thanks Merlin!
However, today skynet acted up. It started after a daily list update where not only the list was ignored but when I then looked at the settings, a lot were changed! So wierd. I have been using skynet for a couple years now without issues.
The only thing, could be coincidence, that it has to do with the new Curl version as the daily list update was the trigger.
Or, could it be my USB is dying?

Did a dirty upgrade on the system I had online and it worked wonderfully. I reconfigured my mesh node as a replacement but forgot I had upgraded AMTM on the in place unit. When I swapped them out, I lost all my Entware stuff. I upgraded AMTM and reinstalled everything, and those processes found the old configurations. There were a couple of reboots where the 5ghz was very slow to come online. I have 2 OpenVPN servers running and NORD clients to three different cities and this version is running very cool! CPU is about 7% and memory starts off at 60% and grows very slowly.

I have a couple of things I was waiting for a fresh installation to check - SSH still does not time out and WireGuard VPN server does not post its status on the VPN Status tab and if I connect via a client the connection still does not make the server list its status on the VPN Status tab. Both ASUS issues if I remember correctly.

Also, while the client is connected, its status still shows disconnected. It's a shame!
wg2.PNG

EDITED: For some reason, I had clicked PRE-SHARED KEY on the WireGuard advanced settings. The status of the client then worked as it should in the VPN server tab and in the VPN server status tab.

Last edited:
Code:
  - CHANGED: Enable fast-io for OpenVPN clients and servers that
             use UDP, which will speed up performance on some models.
Hello, to take advantage of this features, this image has to be installed on both server and client? Will GT-AX6000 take advantage of this feature (both ends)?
Thank you

Hello, to take advantage of this features, this image has to be installed on both server and client? Will GT-AX6000 take advantage of this feature (both ends)?
Thank you
it did on mine using the new OpenVPN applet for windows

fast-io is local only, and it only exists on Linux.

forgot to unmount usb drives, but still went like a charm. 388.5 running flawlessly after dirty upgrade from 388.4 for 24 hours now. Thanks very much Merlin
On which router model? Without this information the feedback is useless...

On which router model? Without this information the feedback is useless...
Please accept my profuse apologies for leaving useless feedback. I currently have a lung infection, so when I proceeded to upgrade my AX86u pro the other day in my delirious state I forgot to unmount the usb drives on the ax86u pro. One is an 120gb ssd formatted to ext3 containing a swap file and, the other a 2tb NTFS drive containing various data folders. However, much to my joy the dirty upgrade worked successfully on the ax86u pro. Everything works: two wireguard servers, one openvpn server and my wireguard client with airvpn are all working flawlessly on the ax86u pro. DDNS works fine. Drives mounted without issue. Swap file working. Connection flawless. Everything on the network is accessible and everything on the network can access everything else. I really appreciate the work Merlin does with this firmware. Since switching I've never looked back after years of battling with dodgy asus firmware on dsl-ac models. When I left the initial feedback I suppose I was still in the curious and rare state brought about by being simultaneously really unwell and happy something didn't go as horribly wrong as you'd feared when you pressed the 'upload' button by mistake.

@pavlfz :
The easiest way to inform about your setup is to add a signature. ;)

It would have been best if I'd just said 'dirty upgrade on ax86u pro worked like a charm' and been done with it ;)

Dirty upgrade from the alpha. Node first (on stock, wifi) then the router (unmounted usb stick). Everything came back online working beautifully.

Dirty upgrade from 3004.388.4 to 3004.388.5 on router and both nodes. Smooth sailing all the way.

I did not notice as I did not use torrents for some times, but sadly my old problem with the router restarting exactly 10 mins after I exit a torrent app on a client is back after a dirty upgrade. It is the upgrade for sure because I was seeding something 2 days before the upgrade.
Last time doing a nuclear reset and installing stock FW and then Merlin FW back was the only solution, and indeed I had no such problem since, but this upgrade did something again.
I will try the same solution now, setting up everything from scratch, because I have no idea how could I debug such an issue with success and I was investigating for weeks the last time without finding the cause.

(I'm still on the beta btw, but no option to post there).

Status
Not open for further replies.