What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade from A2 to B1...flawless so far!

Dirty upgrade a couple of days ago here from 388.6 to the beta. Everything is working perfectly. What more to say other than thanks!

Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 beta 1 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 devices.

Changes since last release:

- CHANGED: "Prevent client auto DoH" will also prevent the use of
Apple's iCloud Private Relay.

I would like for somebody to expand on this new implementation. Did the testing and when Prevent client auto DoH is set to YES indeed in the syslog you can see the following:

Code:
Apr 22 17:58:21 dnsmasq[21191]: using only locally-known addresses for mask-h2.icloud.com
Apr 22 17:58:21 dnsmasq[21191]: using only locally-known addresses for mask.icloud.com
Apr 22 17:58:21 dnsmasq[21191]: using only locally-known addresses for _dns.resolver.arpa
Apr 22 17:58:21 dnsmasq[21191]: using only locally-known addresses for use-application-dns.net

When connecting to that wireless network you get a notification from iOS that private relay is not compatible with this network and a prompt to turn it off.
However, when the setting is set to auto it looks like it's not interfering in any way with private relay and it continues to function as before.

My question is what the intended function of Prevent client auto DoH is when set to Auto.

AX88U Merlin with vanilla setup
Latest iOS

Last edited:
Hello!
I recently bought an ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 router. I have the latest official version on it and I would like to install Merlin.
Do I need to reset to factory settings before installing Merlin?
Can this beta version be installed directly or do i need a stable firmware version first?
What recommendations do you give me?
Thank you very much!

Hello!
I recently bought an ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 router. I have the latest official version on it and I would like to install Merlin.
Can this beta version be installed directly or do i need a stable firmware version first?
Thank you very much!

Install this beta then factory reset

All is goodie here.

2 days straight, no issues, Teams, Zoom and Google Meet were all tested here, everything works.

Same applies for my remotely managed AX56U.
IoT is smooth here, DDNS as well, No issues I could actually see.
Ring Doorbell, Xiaomi Camera.

All is working well.

Chromecast is working flawlessly over network.

Thank you @RMerlin !

1000120683.jpg
1000120685.jpg
1000120687.jpg

Dirty update from 388.6 release -> 388.7 beta1 on RT-AX3000 (aka RT-AX58U). Usual reboot after 30minutes. All systems go after 24 hours!
Previous RAM usage with 388.6 release was 55% and is now reduced to 46%. Nice job on the graphics too.

Thanks @RMerlin

1000Mbps download but only 24Mbps upload? Am i seeing right?
Guessing you are from Europe and probably have fiber internet. That is standard for Cable internet there is way more downstream bandwidth than upload bandwidth in Docsis 3.x

If the cable company has a mid split then you may see 100-150mbs uploads. Low split will be 50mbps and down and I don't think there are any cable providers in NA that does a High split. Docsis 4.0 will help but who knows how long that will take to deploy they have been talking about it for 5+ years now.

however this is off topic for this thread so no more from me :)

Running on 3+ days and all is smooth. System Information looks so good!

sounds about right 1000/100 line
1713913012240.png

Hello!
Thank you very much!

Its fine to install this beta followed by a factory reset. Then configure the router. When the final version of 388.7 is released, ok to flash it without a subsequent reset. I have several RT-AC86U routers where I never once applied a factory reset through 5 years of Merlin FWs.

Status
Not open for further replies.