What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it went from from "Enabled + Helpers" setting, to "Enabled".
And then Manually to the newly recommended "Disabled".
That makes sense: the old "Enabled + Helpers" is the exact equivalent to the new "Enabled".

Likewise, the previous "Enabled" only (my case), should (and did), upgrade to the new "Disabled"(which only stops the ALG helpers, and does not block the relevant packet types).

Last edited:
Thank you, @RMerlin . About an hour in after the 2nd reboot after installation. All working as expected. WAN AGG functioning.

1713725263957.png

Just wondering if anybody has experienced compatibility issues with IGDv2 enabled. Which clients and devices is this likely to cause problems with these days?

I guess this will be the final FW update for my AX56U which is already listed in Asus EOL...

Just wondering if anybody has experienced compatibility issues with IGDv2 enabled. Which clients and devices is this likely to cause problems with these days?
Call of Duty on PC is the only thing that I have seen issues with, I’m sure there are other issues since it is mentioned in the release notes.

AX86U Pro
AX86U

WG, OPVPN, DDNS, Network Map (Client status), WSDD, AiMesh, System Information, Dual WAN Failover (from amtm script) = OK

1713773583235.png

1713773673315.png
1713773713391.png

from alpha 2 to beta 1 wifi calling vowifi no longer showing up/working
Did you try adjusting the (NAT helpers) as mentioned up on the page and on the previous one..?

By the way, "Useless information" in the upgraded Sysinfo page seem to only be the Firmware Version, luckly I suppose, that is kinda redundant if the FW version is always present on the top.

And the "CPU Frequency" moved to "@ NNNN MHz" at the end of the CPU Model field.

No, the advice you are giving is for the old way, clearly you have not read the release notes. From here forward, the default (and recommended setting) is "Disabled", as this will still allow these types of packets to pass through. The setting of "Enabled" only turns on the ALG helpers. There isn't a third option anymore of "Enabled + Helpers".

That makes sense: the old "Enabled + Helpers" is the exact equivalent to the new "Enabled".

Likewise, the previous "Enabled" only (my case), should (and did), upgrade to the new "Disabled"(which only stops the ALG helpers, and does not block the relevant packet types).

Purely logically thinking (I don't have usage experience here) The "Disabled" mode, old or new, shouldn't be just about the ALG helpers because the question is "Passthrough" ... but if it is just about disabling the helpers now, then the whole option-s should be moved to an appropriately titled subsection in the NAT Passthrough page or completely outside of it.

Simply state the question first: What is that the option is doing?

For example:

Option 1: Telnet Traffic Passthrough - Disabled (this will block Telnet traffic)
Option 2: SSH Traffic Passthrough - Disabled (this only blocks keepalive signals while still letting other traffic through) [< this clearly makes no sense, it's bad design and UX]

Last edited:
from alpha 2 to beta 1 wifi calling vowifi no longer showing up/working
Working for me no issue.
1713778836937.png

Those are my settings for the NAT helpers. I use IPSec for Xbox/Forza. Try those settings, WiFi calling works on this FW release.

Updated from 3004.388.6_2 to the 3004.388.7 beta.

After the update:
  • Web GUI unresponsive
  • SSD drive wont mount
  • VPN servers/clients wont come up
  • Getting error about: "Your router is running low on free JFFS storage, which might affect its stability. Review the content of the /jffs directory on your router.
Edit1: SSD Drive came up now. Will see if it needs some time to settle.
Edit2: Waited some time for router to settle down, but it never did. Managed to do a factory reset and everything working ok for now. Just needs some setting up.
I'm going to reply to my previous post from yesterday as it helps me remember what happened after the update. As I mentioned in my previous post, right after the update my router was really unstable. I couldn't change any settings and the web GUI didn't respond to any requests I tried. Fortunately, I managed to do a factory reset via the web GUI.

After a factory reset, the web GUI was responsive again and I was able to change settings. I tried to put the same settings that I had in the previous firmware (388.6_2) but I never got all the same settings to work. The more settings I got to put in, the more unstable my router became or would suddenly crash, the only fix being a manual reboot. After the manual restart, I always got a little bit of time to get to the web GUI to do a factory reset, after which I went to try again. The router crash could have been caused, for example, by using the Wireguard server and client at the same time, or by simply putting static IP addresses on my devices. Really frustrating and I tried many times over and over.

As for the third-party scripts, I noticed that even though I had just done a factory reset via the web GUI, the JFFS usage was 41.44 / 47.00 MB used every time I got back into the web GUI. With this I couldn't get all the scripts installed that I used in my previous firmware. The strangest thing was that when I tried to install DNSCrypt Proxy Installer, I always got an error that there is not enough space in my JFFS partition. However, after this error I was able to install Skynet, Diversion, Scribe and NTPmerlin normally.

Right now my router is "working", but if I try to save even a new device with a static ip address, I see the "Applying Settings" section goes to 100%, but the settings never appear in the list. I also noticed that the RAM usage is different than in the old firmware. Currently, there is up to 260MB of free memory, while in the previous firmware it was usually around at 80MB.

I know my router is EOL and I feel the latest firmware is too much for my device. I also keep getting this alert on the front page of the web GUI "Your router is running low on free JFFS storage, which might affect its stability.
Review the content of the /jffs directory on your router."

How would I get the JFFS partition cleaned in its entirety, so that I could try to install the scripts that I had in use in the last firmware? Doesn't factory reset clean the JFFS partition?
Edit: Found out
Edit2: Just did a factory reset using the WPS button method. Already my JFFS usage is this:
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 14-08-46 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX56U - System Information.png

Last edited:
I'm going to reply to my previous post from yesterday as it helps me remember what happened after the update. As I mentioned in my previous post, right after the update my router was really unstable. I couldn't change any settings and the web GUI didn't respond to any requests I tried. Fortunately, I managed to do a factory reset via the web GUI.

After a factory reset, the web GUI was responsive again and I was able to change settings. I tried to put the same settings that I had in the previous firmware (388.6_2) but I never got all the same settings to work. The more settings I got to put in, the more unstable my router became or would suddenly crash, the only fix being a manual reboot. After the manual restart, I always got a little bit of time to get to the web GUI to do a factory reset, after which I went to try again. The router crash could have been caused, for example, by using the Wireguard server and client at the same time, or by simply putting static IP addresses on my devices. Really frustrating and I tried many times over and over.

As for the third-party scripts, I noticed that even though I had just done a factory reset via the web GUI, the JFFS usage was 41.44 / 47.00 MB used every time I got back into the web GUI. With this I couldn't get all the scripts installed that I used in my previous firmware. The strangest thing was that when I tried to install DNSCrypt Proxy Installer, I always got an error that there is not enough space in my JFFS partition. However, after this error I was able to install Skynet, Diversion, Scribe and NTPmerlin normally.

Right now my router is "working", but if I try to save even a new device with a static ip address, I see the "Applying Settings" section goes to 100%, but the settings never appear in the list. I also noticed that the RAM usage is different than in the old firmware. Currently, there is up to 260MB of free memory, while in the previous firmware it was usually around at 80MB.

I know my router is EOL and I feel the latest firmware is too much for my device. I also keep getting this alert on the front page of the web GUI "Your router is running low on free JFFS storage, which might affect its stability.
Review the content of the /jffs directory on your router."

How would I get the JFFS partition cleaned in its entirety, so that I could try to install the scripts that I had in use in the last firmware? Doesn't factory reset clean the JFFS partition?
Edit: Found out
Edit2: Just did a factory reset using the WPS button method. Already my JFFS usage is this: View attachment 58122
You have to chose this
Screenshot 2024-04-22 132811.png

You have to chose this
View attachment 58124
Oh well. This is what I tried yesterday for the first time trying to factory reset, but it didnt work because router was so unresponsive. Only the restore button worked. I already reverted back to earlier firmware, but my JFFS partition is clear now. Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 14-47-15 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX56U - System Information.png

Last edited:
Oh well. This is what I tried yesterday for the first time trying to factory reset, but it didnt work. Only the restore button worked. I already reverted back to earlier firmware, but my JFFS partition is clear now. Thank you.

View attachment 58125
Sometimes you need to do it with both methods (GUI + WPS), and several times for it to work!

Sometimes you need to do it with both methods (GUI + WPS), and several times for it to work!
I see. Well im up and running again. Got firmware updated to the newest and got it configured like it was on earlier. Everything ok on my end now. Sure took long enough. Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.