What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000Mbps download but only 24Mbps upload? Am i seeing right?
Yes. I have Comcast cable with 1g down, 24 up. They typically overprovision a bit, so the 1 g down goes to ~1.2g down, up doesn't change much. The point here is the its running through a 1.0gb WAN port on an AX88U, which with overhead on the switch shouldn't give more than ~900mb, regardless the incoming pipe. By using WAN Aggregation, I'm able to go beyond the 1gb port limits to the max of what is offered on the 1.2 gb service. Make sense? When fiber comes available where I'm located with 1g down/up I'll gladly switch. This is the best I can get without going to a business class service.

I am quite happy with the newer version because I had problems before starting up the 5g band on my router rt-ax86u pro and then it took almost 10 minutes when I had it on automatically for a long time but now it takes about 2-3 minutes on automatically for a long time, on regular rt-ax86u it has worked normally and yes I am grateful that any errors may have been corrected on my rt-ax86u pro

Thanks for the update which I got to test 🙂

How do you do it every hour

spdMerlin is an internet speedtest and monitoring tool for AsusWRT Merlin with charts for daily, weekly and monthly summaries. It tracks download/upload bandwidth as well as latency, jitter and packet loss.

1713942706633.png

Dirty update from alpha2, no unexpected messages in syslog and all scripts appear to be working fine and no complaints from family re their devices.

In regard to
Wireguard - running fine (using @Martineau's script rather than DNS Director for IPv6 support)
IGDv2. enabled - no pinholes but not causing any issues
New Sysinfo page - looks great!
WSDD device discovery - how would I test this?

WSDD device discovery - how would I test this?
In Windows, go to the Network folder in Explorer. Set View type to Details, and add the "Discovery Method" column. Then view if anything shows WSD in the Discovery Method column, particularly the router itself (might need a USB drive to be plugged in first, with Samba sharing enabled):

1713990391492.png

Dirty update on RTAX88U Pro from 3004_388.6_2 to 3004_388.7_beta1 seemed to go well and GUI was as expected, but hours later when connected again (login page seemed ok), was greeted with this:

1713990344794.png

Router is connected to the firewall via LAN port and connects succesfully to routerahs.asus.com.

Edit: WiFi seems to work ok.

Last edited:
In Windows, go to the Network folder in Explorer. Set View type to Details, and add the "Discovery Method" column. Then view if anything shows WSD in the Discovery Method column, particularly the router itself (might need a USB drive to be plugged in first, with Samba sharing enabled):
As you suggested I needed to enable sharing first, but once I did I could see (and connect to) the router under WSD in the Computer category (it was already there under the Network Infrastructure category under SSDP as I have UPnP enabled).

Like Sinatra once said "My life is a blast..."

1000120897.jpg

Same here

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 19-18-20 ASUS Wireless Router GT-AX6000 - System Information.png

WSD works for my LAN devices, even without sharing in the router enabled (from W10 to W11 in the example with IPV6 address even in the local).
All good! :cool:

Screenshot 2024-04-25 193617.png

Dirty upgrade from alpha 2 and everything works as expected.
Thank you Merlin.

1714067363900.png

Status
Not open for further replies.