What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.39 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

usb 3.0 disk on RT-AC68U, disk does no mount in the router

go to the WIFI professional TAB 2.4 GHz and DISABLE Reducing USB 3.0 interference,

Attachments

• enable usb 30 mounting.jpg
    enable usb 30 mounting.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 675
Last edited:
Top of the charts doesn't mean anything if it doesn't know how to display a webpage that the unmentionable IE does with ease. ;)

I just noticed Merlin 374.39 has the same bug as Asus' beta firmware, where the USB icon is in active green status even though no USB device is connected to the router.

Flashed 374.39 and did a reset to default.

Put the kids on "Norton Children" and left Global Filter Mode to "No filtering".
Thx for making this possible.

I'll let you know if something funny happens.

Are you sure ? Haven't you got any issues with usb available space reports as well as wl driver poor work ?

I use a freenas box i built... 110 megs a second... 7x2tb raidz-1....after a few hdd crashes i learned you need either raid5 or raidz-1 or higher.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

the dns filter is awesome! you can whitelist googledns by mac address. does this have a built in function to update your IP at opendns?

i have it working by setting google dns on the wan page; already had dnsomatic updating my ip for opendns. set the global filter to opendns and it uses your account settings attached to the updated IP. cool stuff.

DNS-o-Matic would be the proper way to update your IP at OpenDNS.

Hey Merlin!

Thanks for another release.

Do you recommend factory reset while moving from 3.0.0.4.374.38_2
on RT-N66U?

No need to.

Merlin, thank you for the new dns filtering feature and the explanation behind the scene between router's httpd and browser. I appreciate the UI responsiveness as I always found my old rt-n16 and wrt54gl snappier to navigate. Now I can really see the ac66u is on par.

Last night, I tried out the dns filtering by adding an iPad to Norton connect safe. Somehow, even after removing it from the list, the iPad is still blocked by Norton (I have to reboot the router). I guess, it has to do with the caching and I did not wait long enough!?

--

Your iPad probably cached the last DNS resolution attempt. You could reboot the iPad to force it to flush its cache - all DNS cacheing is done on the client when using DNSFilter.

RT-AC68U - upgraded from 374.38_2 to 374.39 this morning. Did a full reset, restored some settings from a shell script. Overall, running great.
Except I have 2 USB drives attached, a Toshiba USB 3.0 1TB drive and a USB 2.0 enclosure with a 120GB SSD. Both have labels (Media for the 1 TB, SSD for the SSD drive). I also have a swap partition on the SSD.
In previous releases, both disks mounted fine.

With 374.39, they seem to take a very long time to mount. I have some shell scripts in my /jffs/scripts/services-start file that point to files on the USB drives. These don't run successfully.

Do I need to add some kind of sleep? dmesg shows the drives being attached, it seems the mount takes a very long time.

Try running a fsck/chkdsk on all disks. It might be taking a long time to mount because they are being checked.

Just flashed this build em version n66 and I can not get v6 to work at all. The router shows a v6 address but all my v6 tests fail saying no v6 address detected. I did two factory resets and nvram clears and still no dice v6 is broken here am I missing something. Comcast native v6 i set up v6 in the router just the same way I have done it a hundred times but on this build it just don't work. Any ideas ?? Also having some websites loading extremely slow never incountered this before either. :confused:

I know at least one other Comcast user has IPv6 working reliably with this same firmware. You might want to compare your settings (especially the DNS ones), something might be different in your configuration.

Still having issue with the Webgui on this version and the previous version you had.

When I go to 192.168.1.1 and login, i get a white page and keeps loading. Sometimes I have to refresh (f5) 3 or 4 times before the page loads with all the settings. Using google chrome.

Working fine for me with Google Chrome, which is my main browser. Make sure you're not having either an add-on or a security software installed that's interfering with it. Also make sure your network is properly configured, especially the netmask (should be 255.255.255.0 everywhere if using a regular 192.168.x.y IP).

If you are using Download Master then make sure it's not overloading your router's CPU by having too many connections.

I know at least one other Comcast user has IPv6 working reliably with this same firmware. You might want to compare your settings (especially the DNS ones), something might be different in your configuration.

I just tested IPV6 and comcast, if you specify DNS on the IPV6 it will not get an address, you have to use get DNS automatic from ISP in order for IPV6 to work, at least that how it is in my area. it works just fine

Chris

itunes Server

Thanks for your work RMerlin!

Is anybody having problems with the Itunes server? I have updated my N66U from 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 (restore defaults as specified) to 3.0.0.4.374.39_0 and after setting it up, the server is not showing on itunes on any of my laptops. I've tried 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em and 3.0.0.4.374.38_2 without success. Am I missing something?

Best,

I just tested IPV6 and comcast, if you specify DNS on the IPV6 it will not get an address, you have to use get DNS automatic from ISP in order for IPV6 to work, at least that how it is in my area. it works just fine

Chris

I have mine set to get DNS automatically and no dice the router shows a v6 address but it does not work all tests fail because it shows as I have no ipv6. This is the only build on my n66 that v6 was unable to work at all. On 38_2em it worked fine but after a day or 2 it would lose the address and a reboot was required to optain the address again I was hoping this build would have fixed that but this build is worse it don't work period. I don't know what more I can configure as setting up native v6 is pretty straight forward on the n66.

Working fine for me with Google Chrome, which is my main browser. Make sure you're not having either an add-on or a security software installed that's interfering with it. Also make sure your network is properly configured, especially the netmask (should be 255.255.255.0 everywhere if using a regular 192.168.x.y IP).

If you are using Download Master then make sure it's not overloading your router's CPU by having too many connections.

I opened up NOD 32, and went to Web and email Protocol filtering and click Excluded IP addresses.

Put in 192.168.1.1 and seems to fixed the issue. thanks

Just flashed this build em version n66 and I can not get v6 to work at all. The router shows a v6 address but all my v6 tests fail saying no v6 address detected. I did two factory resets and nvram clears and still no dice v6 is broken here am I missing something. Comcast native v6 i set up v6 in the router just the same way I have done it a hundred times but on this build it just don't work. Any ideas ?? Also having some websites loading extremely slow never incountered this before either. :confused:

No issues with speed or IPv6 on 39em here in Seattle.

Attachments

• 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 443
Yeah I don't get it. I never had a problem with other firmwares. How did you configure your v6 ? Are you using the n66 ?

Setup like the picture shows and modem is Zoom 5341J.

Router CFE upgraded to 1.0.1.3 but I don't think that should matter.

Attachments

• ipv6.jpg
    ipv6.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 675

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!