What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another problem with Firmware 374.40 (Merlin build). I have an USB harddrive connected to my Asus RT-N66U, my PC is connected using LAN cable with 1 Gbit connection. Uploading files using FTP to my USB harddrive is extremly slow, just 2 MByte per second. Using an older firmware from last year I get upload speed up to 12 MByte per seconds. What is happening here with the current version?

Well, the change of the WAN-IP is not necessarily related with (the cause for or fact of) a crash of the router, isn't it?

Changed WAN IP address is not an indication of a router reboot. I could be that your ISP made a change to their DHCP server for example. Look at logs and see if there is an indication of the router restarting.
For what its worth, my N66U never reboots and never has with any of Merlin's builds.
--bill

The long story : tried to RDP my home computer but failed, used teamviewer instead, logged in the router interface, noticed the ip address got changed, looked at the router uptime and concluded the router crashed. Looking at the log would be just pointless as the machine clears it every time it reboots :(

From your quoted comment above it must mean that on one of more of my clients I must have a FW rule set that blocks the queries from that port testing site? Would this be default behavior for a Win7 OS?

Thanks!

It is a default setting for Win7. You can add a rule to the Win7 Firewall to allow this to work, but it's not there by default.

N66U GUI issue

I am having the GUI fail after several days. All connections work fine but I no longer get a response when going to log into the router from a browser. A simple reboot clears the issue and I can reach the GUI again. Any ideas?

The long story : tried to RDP my home computer but failed, used teamviewer instead, logged in the router interface, noticed the ip address got changed, looked at the router uptime and concluded the router crashed. Looking at the log would be just pointless as the machine clears it every time it reboots :(

OK, that is indeed a better proof that he router has been restarted :D

I *think* the logs will persist when being directed towards a real disk instead of RAM.
As you are stating that you are not at home when this happens...the cause could as well be a power outage or even a faulty power supply.

Version 3.0.0.4.374.5047

Asus just launched today the new source code Version 3.0.0.4.374.5047 for AC68U, no reboot issue anymore.

Maybe we could see 374.41 final for AC68U

Thanks

OK, that is indeed a better proof that he router has been restarted :D

I *think* the logs will persist when being directed towards a real disk instead of RAM.
As you are stating that you are not at home when this happens...the cause could as well be a power outage or even a faulty power supply.

I got the router behind an UPS so i pretty much covered the power outage. As for the power supply i don't think it's faulty. I had 19 days of uptime with this build and during this time the router was under serious load at some points needing more juice from the power supply.

As i said earlier in this thread, i started experiencing this crashing behavior with the 39 build, so i believe there is something wrong with the new code ASUS is pushing into our routers. Reading this thread and the forum it's clear that this build is far from being rock solid, the routers are crashing under particular circumstances.

If someone wants to change how the router logs its activity please make use of this thread : http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=8217 . I don't feel like doing that at the moment and i am waiting for Merlin's new build to pop up. If the router is still crashing with the upcoming build maybe i will spend some time and resources playing with the logging ...

These types of issues are most commonly caused by a modem or ISP issue. Try power cycling the modem instead of the router and see what happens.

I finally got to test it. It happened again a few minutes ago. This time I was more adamant about keeping the router powered on. I had to reset my fiber terminal by leaving it powered off for around a minute.

Thanks.

First time trying firmware other than ddwrt. Asus created a good stock firmware Merlin refined it. Coming from a linksys ea6400 this router and firmware is a dream come true. No need for twice a day reboots just to maintain some connectivity, 15 days with out having to touch a thing simply amazing.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Coming from a linksys ea6400 this router and firmware is a dream come true. No need for twice a day reboots just to maintain some connectivity, 15 days with out having to touch a thing simply amazing.
And which ASUS router is helping you to dream? :rolleyes:

I am having the GUI fail after several days. All connections work fine but I no longer get a response when going to log into the router from a browser. A simple reboot clears the issue and I can reach the GUI again. Any ideas?

I actually had this happen for the first time a couple days ago. It was as if I crippled it.

I'm on the latest OEM firmware and mine is doing that too.
are you getting this:
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC56U.
To access the settings of RT-AC56U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.​

have you changed the IP address of the router? I use 10.10.1.x for my primary.
I'm thinking of just going back to 192.168.1.x

When logging out of the N66U web interface (Merlin's 374.40) the 'cancel' and 'ok' buttons are in opposite positions depending on whether one is using Linux or Windows.

Just noticed this whilst testing another issue.

Shouldn't it be the same?

When logging out of the N66U web interface (Merlin's 374.40) the 'cancel' and 'ok' buttons are in opposite positions depending on whether one is using Linux or Windows.

Just noticed this whilst testing another issue.

Shouldn't it be the same?

This is browser specific. Whatever your browser does on alert().

I have another problem with Firmware 374.40 (Merlin build). I have an USB harddrive connected to my Asus RT-N66U, my PC is connected using LAN cable with 1 Gbit connection. Uploading files using FTP to my USB harddrive is extremly slow, just 2 MByte per second. Using an older firmware from last year I get upload speed up to 12 MByte per seconds. What is happening here with the current version?

No news on this?

Happy RT-AC66U .40 version owner. Using merlin's build for almost 3 months, everything goes awesome. Just one very small issue, about codification or something;
espaol.png

Here is wrong, without the Ñ of ESPAÑOL
But here is right;
espa_ol.png

Anyway, thank you so much.

Does anyone know why entware repository is almost empty??
There's only 8 packages... luckily I had already installed the most important ones :)

Does anyone know why entware repository is almost empty??
There's only 8 packages... luckily I had already installed the most important ones :)

The repo URL changed. Supposedly if you run 'opkg update' and 'opkg upgrade' it will update your repo address automatically. Or you can edit /opt/etc/opkg.conf by changing:

Code:
src/gz openwrt http://wl500g-repo.googlecode.com/svn/ipkg/openwrt

to

Code:
src/gz openwrt http://entware.wl500g.info/binaries/entware

The repo URL changed. Supposedly if you run 'opkg update' and 'opkg upgrade' it will update your repo address automatically. Or you can edit /opt/etc/opkg.conf by changing:

Code:
src/gz openwrt http://wl500g-repo.googlecode.com/svn/ipkg/openwrt

to

Code:
src/gz openwrt http://entware.wl500g.info/binaries/entware

Thank you man!! I changed the url manually, opkg update didn't work for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!