What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
What i wonder is: does my mem already run at 666mhz or do they run at 555mhz with this firmware ? I have not flashed the asus "special" ddr speed flasher. Is that something i need to do, or are my ddr already running at 666mhz with the 374.40_beta3 ?
You get an immediate answer when you connect via telnet to the router and you issue the command:
Code:
chief@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# [B]nvram get clkfreq[/B]
[B]800,[COLOR="Red"]666[/COLOR][/B]
In my case the update is done for 666 MHz RAM speed... :rolleyes:

If the answer is no, can i use the 666mhz "flasher" with this firmware ?
Yes!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hey,

I got "Firmware:374.40_beta3 (Merlin build)" flashed to my ac68u router, and the Bootloader is 1.0.1.6

What i wonder is: does my mem already run at 666mhz or do they run at 555mhz with this firmware ? I have not flashed the asus "special" ddr speed flasher. Is that something i need to do, or are my ddr already running at 666mhz with the 374.40_beta3 ?

If the answer is no, can i use the 666mhz "flasher" with this firmware ?

Thank you!
as per the post above, it seems anyone with a router shipping with 1.0.1.6 already has 666mhz ram set and overclocking broken.

mine came with 666mhz as well.

Have always seen these in the logs of my RT-N66U with all the Merlin builds since IPv6 was enabled by Comcast, but now they seem to be of greater frequency and number with .40. I have the v6 firewall enabled and have done port scan testing to be sure it's working.

Any thoughts? What are the "printk" errors?

Mar 8 22:35:40 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Mar 8 22:35:53 kernel: printk: 8 messages suppressed.
Mar 8 22:35:53 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Mar 8 22:35:53 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Mar 8 22:36:23 kernel: printk: 475 messages suppressed.
Mar 8 22:36:23 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Mar 8 22:36:37 kernel: printk: 384 messages suppressed.

I used 374.40 beta3 on my AC68U.
I had to factory reset since i had wireless connection drops. The build worked fine for more than 12 hours without reboots. However, suddenly while surfing the net at night from my phone , i had two reboots in a row (in a matter of 10 min)
I reverted back now to 374.40 alpha4.

ok couple of updates from me.

1 - wifi issue I kept going on about is now ok, I did a recovery flash and thats now resolved for me, wifi is now even stronger than 374.35_4.
2 - The ipv6 announce toggle issueI reported in the 374.40 beta 1 thread is worse then I thought.

I previously reproted toggling "enable router advertisment" causes the network to die and require a router power cycle to bring it back up. Actually what it is if I toggle "anything" on the ipv6 config page such as turning ipv6 on/off, changing between ppp and ethernet the network fails to come back up without a power cycle, I mean the entire network on the router both ipv4 and ipv6. Changes do apply but after the counter hits 100% I then power cycle the router to bring it back up with the changes. I consider this an annoyance only tho as its not as if I will be changing ipv6 settings all the time.

Can anyone explain why when I set my locale to GMT London the system time zone is 1 hour ahead. It doesn't make sense to me........I am sure previous firmwares didn't behave like this and it makes the system log time 1 hour out all the time.

David

That's been broken for a long time now. Asus's code, I don't care enough about that feature to look into it (since for most cases where scheduling a disk scan might be useful, the router will run out of memory before it can complete a scan anyway).

I guess I noticed since I added a new drive and discovered that setting. I have run the scan manually a couple of times without problems, but I've found that plugging into a Linux laptop and run a full check from there now and then is a workable solution.

Hello first post of a new Asus user,

I installed this firmware to my RT-AC68U and find in the log a strange entry

Code:
Jan  1 01:00:13 kernel: Build_for__Asus_RT-AC56U_k2.6.36_2013-11-07_lke_8.9.0_r219253_b22

is the kernel from the RT-AC56U the same as from RT-AC68U.

Hi,

Yes, same kernel because same CPU - the AC56U was released before the AC68U.
Reuse of software: A basic principle of Open Source! :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Thank you Joe for the quick response, I thought so but needed to hear it from some one with more experience ;):thumbup:

Regards johnny

After Update from RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.32 to RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0
i can´t save my openvpn client certificate.
The certificate is trunk after 64 lines or 3436 bytes.

my work around

create a file with certificate and

nvram set vpn_crt_client1_crt=... filename
nvram commit
reboot

after reboot the openvpn service is running.

But after a change in the openvpn section, the certificate is truncate.

With such a large jump in versions, a factory default reset is strongly recommended.

Have always seen these in the logs of my RT-N66U with all the Merlin builds since IPv6 was enabled by Comcast, but now they seem to be of greater frequency and number with .40. I have the v6 firewall enabled and have done port scan testing to be sure it's working.

Any thoughts? What are the "printk" errors?

There's a thread just a few posts below this with precisely the same error message in its title. You will find the solution there.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=15923

Hello first post of a new Asus user,

I installed this firmware to my RT-AC68U and find in the log a strange entry

Code:
Jan  1 01:00:13 kernel: Build_for__Asus_RT-AC56U_k2.6.36_2013-11-07_lke_8.9.0_r219253_b22

Read the line just above that message, it will tell you to what this is related.

Hello RMerlin,

Joegreat already answered or did you mean that? because I don't no what message you mean.

Regards,
Johnny

Last edited:
Hello RMerlin,

Joegreat already answered or did you mean that? because I don't no what message you mean.

Regards,
Johnny

Verstuurd vanaf mijn V360 met Tapatalk

The message you see refers to the ufsd kernel module referred just above the log entry you posted, not to the whole kernel. You have to look at the log entries just above it:

Code:
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: jnl: driver (lke_8.9.0, Mar  6 2014 21:07:04, LBD=ON) loaded at bf5f3000
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: ufsd:: trace mask set to 0000000f
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: ufsd: driver (lke_8.9.0 lke_8.9.0_r219253_b22, LBD=ON, delalloc, acl, ioctl, ugm, sd(1), wb, tr) loaded at bf600000
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: NTFS support included
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: Hfs+/HfsJ support included
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: optimized: speed
Dec 31 19:00:14 kernel: Build_for__Asus_RT-AC56U_k2.6.36_2013-11-07_lke_8.9.0_r219253_b22

The same module is used by both routers, but the kernel itself is compiled for the specific router it targets.

Can anyone explain why when I set my locale to GMT London the system time zone is 1 hour ahead. It doesn't make sense to me........I am sure previous firmwares didn't behave like this and it makes the system log time 1 hour out all the time.

David
You want the GMT with the description "Greenwich Mean Time", not the London one.
--
bc

Last edited:
I just flashed my AC66U to this 374.40 and ran into a weird issue. It has already done this 3 times per reboot so I'm fairly sure this is repeatable but not sure on the full details yet.

It seems when I'm in the Administration Webpage on the VPN settings, when I go to the advanced settings page, randomly it seems to crash the web server and I am unable to connect to the admin at all until reboot. The internet and VPN and all my other settings seems to still be working and intact just the admin is down.

Has anyone seen this? I'll see if I can figure out what's the exact trigger that's causing this.

Edit:
Ok I have a pattern that creates this issue every time

Setup
This router is currently setup as an Open VPN Server. There is another router that is an AC66U (using 374.32) connecting to the problem router as a client.

Problem Creation
Reboot problem router
Allow for the client router to connect to the Open VPN server
Open Web Browser Console for Problem Router
Click VPN
Click VPN Server
Witness Crash

This created the problem 100% of the time for me so far. Let me know what you think or if this has happened to anyone else.

I've done some more digging on this and I believe I found the culprit variable.

It seems when the page tries to load the variable vpn_serverx_eas is when it crashes.

Running httpd directly in ssh mode, its throwing a Segmentation fault right at that line.

Its seems to be line 809 of the Advanced_VPN_Content.asp causing the issue.
<input type="hidden" name="vpn_serverx_eas" value="<% nvram_get("vpn_serverx_eas"); %>">

Unfortunately my knowledge of nvram kinda dies from there. From viewing the source on the page at runtime that line shows this:

<input type="hidden" name="vpn_serverx_eas" value="1,

My guess is either something is corrupted in that variable somehow. Is there a way to get access to that variable from the command line or somewhere else?

Thanks RMerlin for this great firmware.

I'm using 374.35_2 and my AC66 is running in AP mode upstairs. I have a Linksys (Cisco) E3200 as primary in the basement where the modem is located. The network has never run better with 2.4n and 5ac upstairs and 2.4g in the basement (5 disabled).

Is there anything in the newest firmware which would compel me to upgrade to any newer version? My thinking says it's working great and since I'm not using any of the features like USB or VPN there's no point in risking the stability.

Kworker process takes 50% of CPU, HDD is not connected. Third-party processes, such as the torrent is not running.
Reboot everything is OK on the firmware is not observed reboots.
374.40_beta3

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!