What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.46 is out (RT-AC87 only)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry I was just asking for help as there was a problem with compiling the newest RMerlin build

Asuswrt-Merlin - Changelog
==========================

History
-------
376.46 (26-Aug-2014)
This release is only available for the RT-AC87U, to provide
a FW release that uses the latest public wifi driver for this
new router.

- NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 2061. This is essentially
the new QTN driver for the AC87.
- FIXED: Various webui issues with IE10/IE11 (patch by pinwing)
- FIXED: OpenVPN Client page was visible on the RT-N16
- FIXED: DHCP pool validation error on VPN Server advanced page.
- FIXED: Couldn't edit the first VPN Client entry due to broken
duplicate check (Asus bug)

Do you want someone to wipe your butt for you too? You need to RTFM.

RMerlin the new version on your github does not compile for the ac66u is there anything you can help me with to troubleshoot the problem and/or can you compile it for me

If you are trying to compile from the master branch, sometimes it won't compile as that is Merlin's work in progress. Merlin tags all the released levels and you should be working with one of these.

Using quotes to delineate the commands (don't enter them)
To list the released levels enter 'git tag'
You can then do a 'git checkout' tagname and follow the onscreen directions to create a branch and work with that specific level

JoeJoeJo,
You aren't just asking for help.. Your demanding, pushy, obnoxious, entitled, ungrateful, inconsiderate, and abusive of merlin and the other forum members, who have tried to explain things to you.. You keep spamming the forums with the same question only slightly changed and expect to be handheld because you can't be patient enough to wait for a release... I wish you the best but I don't think the forums are a good fit for you... Go download ASUS's releases and complain to them.... Enough already.. The exits are clearly marked (Chumby)

Last edited:
Don't just reset/reboot it - leave it turned off for at least 10 minutes.

Thanks again everyone for chipping in your thoughts!

I did unplug everything (modem and router) and left it all turned off for at least 30mins...same results...:(

I plug my old ac66 back in...whilst it still cant attain the 1000Mbps speed, at least it is seeing ~ 8xx.

Any other suggestions are most certainly welcomed!

Thanks again everyone for chipping in your thoughts!

I did unplug everything (modem and router) and left it all turned off for at least 30mins...same results...:(

I plug my old ac66 back in...whilst it still cant attain the 1000Mbps speed, at least it is seeing ~ 8xx.

Any other suggestions are most certainly welcomed!

No other idea, sorry.

It might be worth talking to your ISP, in case they might be aware of something that might be required on their end when a customer changes to a new router (for instance, maybe they register and keep track of the router's MAC). You could also try cloning the RT-AC66 MAC on the WAN page.

FTP Demon running even though off in web config

Sorry title is wrong it's the tftpd.....

I have noticed something strange. I was going through the processes today and there was a tftpd running. In 4 days it consumed 25 hours of CPU time.

Is this normal or did ASUS turn on Demon for some other purpose? Is it safe to kill?

Last edited:
Sorry title is wrong it's the tftpd.....

I have noticed something strange. I was going through the processes today and there was a tftpd running. In 4 days it consumed 25 hours of CPU time.

Is this normal or did ASUS turn on Demon for some other purpose? Is it safe to kill?

That server is how the Quantenna CPU boots its own firmware - when it powers up, it downloads it from the Broadcom's /tmp location over tftp. This has nothing to do with the regular FTP server.

That server is how the Quantenna CPU boots its own firmware - when it powers up, it downloads it from the Broadcom's /tmp location over tftp. This has nothing to do with the regular FTP server.

Thanks I didn't know that. As I stated the title was wrong...so why does it use so much CPU even after the boot? I used to run TFTPd for supporting the configuration of SIP adapters for PBX's and when there was no booting the TFTPd process would just sit there idle.

I did kill the TFTPd process just to see what would happen and I the router was still functional. I assume that if I made a change to the wireless settings the Quantenna CPU would have to reload it configuration and would fail due to the missing TFTPd process.

I like systems to run efficiently and when I see the number one CPU usage is an idle process I start to worry about how the process was coded. Is there a log file that can show why it's consuming so much CPU? I couldn't find any myself.

Thanks I didn't know that. As I stated the title was wrong...so why does it use so much CPU even after the boot? I used to run TFTPd for supporting the configuration of SIP adapters for PBX's and when there was no booting the TFTPd process would just sit there idle.

I did kill the TFTPd process just to see what would happen and I the router was still functional. I assume that if I made a change to the wireless settings the Quantenna CPU would have to reload it configuration and would fail due to the missing TFTPd process.

I like systems to run efficiently and when I see the number one CPU usage is an idle process I start to worry about how the process was coded. Is there a log file that can show why it's consuming so much CPU? I couldn't find any myself.

Not sure why it would use that much CPU once it's done booting. Here, CPU usage for it hovers between 0.1% and 0.3%.

It's a very basic daemon, so it doesn't have any kind of logging implemented, beside launching it in debug mode where it would output to stdout.

No other idea, sorry.

It might be worth talking to your ISP, in case they might be aware of something that might be required on their end when a customer changes to a new router (for instance, maybe they register and keep track of the router's MAC). You could also try cloning the RT-AC66 MAC on the WAN page.

I got it!!

Since you mentioned the MAC address, I recalled I clicked on the Clone MAC address button when I first set up the router and a string of MAC just fill in the blank...

So I just erased the address and left it blank...did the test again and the speed went up to ~8xx plus.

Thank you!:)

RMerlin can you please update the git to include what is new from the new ac66u build 3.0.0.4.376.2524

Last edited:
So what's the difference in the new ac66u official build and the old official build anyway and does the new build really make a difference if integrated into RMerlin's build

Last edited:
Merlin, I have had to go over to the official latest Asus firmware. I was having issues on your 46 with the 5GHz and 2.4GHz clients, some on 2.4Ghz could not be seen when my iMac was on 5GHz. As an example, even though the clients are in the DHCP reservation, my IP cameras and 2 PVR's could not be reached when my iMac was on 5GHz but could be when my iMac was on 2.4Ghz. I then flashed with Asus firmware and that is not happening. I then went back to 46 and it reoccurs.

Merlin, I have had to go over to the official latest Asus firmware. I was having issues on your 46 with the 5GHz and 2.4GHz clients, some on 2.4Ghz could not be seen when my iMac was on 5GHz. As an example, even though the clients are in the DHCP reservation, my IP cameras and 2 PVR's could not be reached when my iMac was on 5GHz but could be when my iMac was on 2.4Ghz. I then flashed with Asus firmware and that is not happening. I then went back to 46 and it reoccurs.

376.46 is based on the 376_2061 driver. You might want to wait for the next release, which will be based on the 376_2678 release (unless there's a newer available at that point).

Merlin, are they keeping you in the dark?

Asus is way past 2061:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88391214-post407.html

And?

Asus is working on the code on daily basis, you don't think they send me a new 800 MB tarball every single day with the latest development, unfinished code from that day?

Github is currently up to 2678, which is the latest official, finalized, and released code. I have no interest in daily snapshots of unfinished code.

Come on guys, some of you need a reality check. I'm getting asked by some when I will merge code that was released less than 12 hours ago! And now, I'm also getting asked about code that isn't even finalized and released yet. This is getting seriously aggravating.

Last edited:
Merlin,

Have Tim start warning people and if they continue to engage in inappropriate behavior then terminate their accounts. It must be some kind of violation of the user agreement to piss off Merlin. :D

Last edited:
.46 QoS conflict with NAT loopback.

Just fyi, QoS seems to currently break NAT loopback. I had installed .46 and everything was working well. Decided to play with QoS and turned it on. Didn't notice anything unusual. A couple weeks later, noticed NAT loopback wasn't working. Turned off QoS, and NAT loopback is working again. Not a big deal for me, my connection is big enough to not have to worry about shaping, but thought I'd mention it in case anyone else runs into the problem. (I suspect this is probably a base firmware issue, not with asuswrt-merlin)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!