What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin

I`m using your latest firmware 376.47

Should i make a factory reset to aply the .48? Or can i just update as usual donwlkoanding the new one and make the update without the reset?

Thanks my friend

Hi and goog Morning from Germany

I have this in my log ?

dnsmasq[1074]: warning: interface ppp1* does not currently exist
kernel: Dead loop on virtual device vlan2, fix it urgently!

First line is normal, it's because dnsmasq is started before the PPP interface comes up.

Second line, there are a dozen posts all over the forums about this one.

Hi all

For starters, great work RMerlin once again.

A question. Were is the cmd prompt in the router GUI i belive it was there way back. been a while since i needed it but i can't seem to find it anymore. has it been removed. was a great tool and no need for telnet, just run the command inside of the gui.

It was removed months ago because it was a major security risk. Any malicious website could run arbitrary commands if you were logged on your router in a separate tab.

@RMerlin

I`m using your latest firmware 376.47

Should i make a factory reset to aply the .48? Or can i just update as usual donwlkoanding the new one and make the update without the reset?

Thanks my friend

Factory default reset shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for the new update, I just flashed 376.48_1 in my RT-N16, but I have some troubles...

From my router log:

Code:
Nov  8 08:38:30 Samba Server: daemon is started

But MyAsus USB disk doesn't appear in my LAN even if correctly shared.
Also I can't see nmbd or smbd services running:

Remove any customized smb.conf you might have added to the JFFS then reboot. If it still fails, manually launch smbd in debug mode, and post the resulting output:

Code:
smbd -F -s /etc/smb.conf -d 9 -S

Can anyone tell me if DLNA works properly now? I had to revert back to 376.45 from .47 because the router wouldn't add any new files I dragged onto the external hard drive to it's library, so they wouldn't display on my DLNA capable devices.

More information about this problem in this thread:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=20214

I forgot to mention it in the opening post, but it's mentionned in the detailed changelog - minidlna is now compiled with its own static version of sqlite3, with proper support for inotify.

Thanks

By the way, nice logo in the top of the console page ;)

Using here the RTAC87U

Thanks. The original logo was designed by r00t4rd3d, and was already being used on the website and the download site. I couldn't figure out a good location to add it to the webui since there isn't much space on Asus' layout to insert it, but finally figured it would still look good enough once reduced to be usable in that current location.

Remove any customized smb.conf you might have added to the JFFS then reboot. If it still fails, manually launch smbd in debug mode, and post the resulting output:

Code:
smbd -F -s /etc/smb.conf -d 9 -S

Thanks Merlin for your reply.
In the meantime I downgraded to _47 and all works fine.
Re-upgrading to _48_1 same problem.
I don't have a custom smb.conf in /jffs.
Tried to start smbd in debug mode and this is the result:

Code:
admin@MyAsus:/tmp/mnt# smbd -F -s /etc/smb.conf -d 9 -S
smbd: can't load library 'libiconv.so.2'
admin@MyAsus:/tmp/mnt#

libiconv.so.2 is in my /opt/lib folder (entware)

Last edited:
I picked up a RT-AC68P at BestBuy yesterday. Saw that 376.48 was released and flashed to it last night.

Router has been running for about 15 hours with the new build and has been solid. On various machines, phones, iPad, game consoles...No disconnects, no dropouts. Internet throughput has been good, client to router throughput for N and AC clients has been good. Have not tested USB 3.0 drive read/write speeds yet.

So far, so good. MUCH better results than the AC87R that I rolled the dice on in Aug.

A couple of quick notes about 48. I skipped all the betas and went directly from 47 to 48 (no reset). I lost all WAN access. I could access the router just fine but nothing that needed the WAN would work. I powered and rebooted the router and cable modem a few times and it still wouldn't work.

What did work is a factory reset using the GUI and reset up all the settings from scratch. That brought the WAN back so I'm still on 48.

I also lost access to my USB flash drive. According to the log it just failed to mount. It had been working great on 47. I tried more reboots and removing/inserting the USB flash drive and it just wouldn't mount.

I decide to try reformatting it. Since I don't have a linux box and don't know how to do it using the router, I formatted it on Windows using Minitool Partition Wizard I noticed it was already formatted ext3, but as a single "physical" partition. Just for grins I reformatted it as a single "logical" partition and keeping it ext3. That immediately mounted and is working great again.

Edit: RT-AC66U

Bruce.

Last edited:
Thanks Merlin for your reply.
In the meantime I downgraded to _47 and all works fine.
Re-upgrading to _48_1 same problem.
I don't have a custom smb.conf in /jffs.
Tried to start smbd in debug mode and this is the result:

Code:
admin@MyAsus:/tmp/mnt# smbd -F -s /etc/smb.conf -d 9 -S
smbd: can't load library 'libiconv.so.2'
admin@MyAsus:/tmp/mnt#

libiconv.so.2 is in my /opt/lib folder (entware)

Can you try booting without the USB disk plugged in?

Can you try booting without the USB disk plugged in?

I tried booting without any USB device connected and with an USB Flash Disk WITHOUT entware on it.

Same results, smbd service is started but doesn't work.
Same result as before starting smbd in debug mode.

Thanks again for your support.

I tried booting without any USB device connected and with an USB Flash Disk WITHOUT entware on it.

Same results, smbd service is started but doesn't work.
Same result as before starting smbd in debug mode.

Thanks again for your support.

That library is missing in the RT-N16 firmware. I guess none of the Beta 2 and 3 betatesters had an RT-N16, so the issue went unnoticed.

Check in a few minutes on the download site, I'm uploading 376.48_2 for the RT-N16 with the missing library.

Check in a few minutes on the download site, I'm uploading 376.48_2 for the RT-N16 with the missing library.

:)

Only 2 questions:

1) Can you please explain me what this log line means ?
Code:
Nov  8 08:36:57 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 5 times. The newest one was from 192.168.1.2.

2) Can you please, when you'll have spare time, check DropBox client in AiCloud ?
It should be nice, but it doesn't work, still remain syncing hours for a simple 3Kb jpg, and produce a lot of thrash. If I have on DB a file called test.txt, then I edit that file on my Asus, it produce a new test(1).txt file that will be spammed on all devices connected to the same DB account.

Thanks again I'll che your download site and report my next upgrade.

Last edited:
Its all working great except the set up page for wireless it looks like this

Everything is working great otherwise.

Also i did do this

nvram set wl0_band=2
nvram set wl1_band=1
nvram commit

then rebooted.

Guess it was that, i just reset from factory defaults, and all is well again.
i haven't done that (reset) in awhile so its probably a good thing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 10.45.22 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-08 at 10.45.22 AM.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.