What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same here, WiFI is not working well for me with .49_5 on RT-AC66U. Everything was fine with .49_4. Connection on both 2.4 and 5GHz is very poor on all my devices (Ipad , Iphone, MacBook) . I did a reset twice without success.

There's been zero change related to wireless between these two revisions.

Code:
merlin@mint-dev ~/asuswrt $ git log 376.49_4..376.49_5
commit 97cf3c758dee0ffdcaa5383b2fda90cf2e268c6f
Author: Eric Sauvageau <rmerl@lostrealm.ca>
Date:   Fri Jan 9 00:40:11 2015 -0500

Updated documentation

commit 4f41f9ab6bc9d68cfe35a2422ac5cfa16c445961
Date:   Fri Jan 9 00:38:26 2015 -0500

infosvr: Disable vulnerable code while awaiting for a proper fix from upstream

commit 2d7a0851b35d1a8dc994a18bbb0a83942bf5c4fc
Date:   Fri Jan 9 00:35:50 2015 -0500

infosvr: replace memcpy() with the intended memcmp() call

commit 03c3a460173560049b5a55a58e660195e408dcde
Date:   Fri Jan 9 00:35:11 2015 -0500

Bumped revision to 376.48_5

Hi,

I am running 49_6 on my main router with JFFS and no problem there - finally I could overclock... ;)

A known (small) bug is that sometimes you need to enable "JFFS format on next reboot" two times and reboot (two times) to get it working... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Just enabled once, I will try.

Same here, WiFI is not working well for me with .49_5 on RT-AC66U. Everything was fine with .49_4. Connection on both 2.4 and 5GHz is very poor on all my devices (Ipad , Iphone, MacBook) . I did a reset twice without success.

I had the same problem....
a factory reset solved all my problems. Before I saved the settings with the nvram script from this forum and used it again to configure the router afterwards.
Now everything is working as expected.

Uh oh.

I saw that 376.49_5 was out so I updated my RT-AC56U. It did not go well.

Right my my router is in a ~10 second reboot cycle. I've tried to clear the NVRAM by doing several different trials of reset button / WPS button power-on configurations with no luck. I can't get in to any sort of reset or recovery mode. It's just a constant reboot every 10 seconds. No flashing power light at all.

I did nothing unusual during the firmware flash and it seemed to complete as normal but this time it just started to boot loop.

Was I hit with the AC56 firmware bug that corrupts the NVRAM (if I remember it correctly....). Not sure if my old systems around here have a serial port or not. I don't have a USB adapter on hand.

Suggestions?

Does the new firmware allow to do ip bandwith control like throttling? I would like to setup every clients with diff upload and down speeds. Can only find one router that supports this and that's the Tp link router

Does the new firmware allow to do ip bandwith control like throttling? I would like to setup every clients with diff upload and down speeds. Can only find one router that supports this and that's the Tp link router

Please do not cross-post. You've now asked the same question in at least three separate threads.

Please, stop reposting the same question all over the forums. People read it just fine the first time.

Well, after several hours of playing with different reset button / wps button combinations I'm still in a ~10 second reboot cycle.

USB TTL serial cable is on the way.... Thank you Amazon Prime!

client list empty

Hi,
Using 379.49 Update 5. Client list is empty, but all clients work normal.
Bit of history.

Had 379.49 Update 4.
Did a factory reset.
Update to the ASUS version FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626 to increase partitions size.
Factory reset.
Update to 379.49 Update 5.
Set all parameters to my previous rmerlin settings manually.

After first start I could once see clients.
Since then no clients show in list on Client status.
Also when looking at DHCP allocation in LAN page, no clients sgow when I try to add client by MAC address.

Any thoughts?
Its manly just annoying, just hope doesnt indicate biggers issues.

VPN webui has been reworked,
I'm using the router's OpenVPN to view blocked sites.
I have upgraded firmware from 376.48 to 376.49_5.
The VPN is working still after upgrade but looks like it stopped to unblock sites.

The Settings page: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...zuHJ_4fKv5E/w1427-h866-no/Untiапрррррtled.png

The certificates are on the place too.
I didn't experienced any issues with VPN when upgraded to 376.48 and previous versions.

What was changed? :confused: I need help.
I can post logs if they are needed.

I'm using the router's OpenVPN to view blocked sites.
I have upgraded firmware from 376.48 to 376.49_5.
The VPN is working still after upgrade but looks like it stopped to unblock sites.

The Settings page: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...zuHJ_4fKv5E/w1427-h866-no/Untiапрррррtled.png

The certificates are on the place too.
I didn't experienced any issues with VPN when upgraded to 376.48 and previous versions.

You need to enable "Redirect Internet Traffic".

You need to enable "Redirect Internet Traffic".
Thanks..

Now it stops with an error "--max-routes must to be specified.."

Custom configuration window have this: "max-routes 10000"

Changing the number does not give me results.

If I remove "max-routes 10000" completely - It reacts with an error:
"OpenVPN ROUTE: cannot add more than 100 routes -- please increase the max-routes option in the client configuration file"

I also upgraded to the new beta version firmware and tested this. The same issues.

Thanks..

Now it stops with an error "--max-routes must to be specified.."

Custom configuration window have this: "max-routes 10000"

Changing the number does not give me results.

If I remove "max-routes 10000" completely - It reacts with an error:
"OpenVPN ROUTE: cannot add more than 100 routes -- please increase the max-routes option in the client configuration file"

I also upgraded to the new beta version firmware and tested this. The same issues.

Why do you have over 100 routes configured on your router?

Why do you have over 100 routes configured on your router?

I don't remember me setting these numbers and adding any lines to the Custom configuration. I don't even understand necessity of this.
Now I have these:
remote-cert-tls server
explicit-exit-notify
max-routes 10000

Setting max-routes to 5 instead of 10000 doesn't resolve the issue.

Now I can't read news because many news sites are blocked in my country.

Last edited:
Pushing over 100 routes sound a bit retarded to me.

This isn't supported by Asuswrt. max-routes must be specified before any route-related setting is used, so adding it to the custom config section won't work.

With so many routes, I wouldn't bet on the resulting performance with a low performance CPU as used in a router. I recommend switching to a VPN provider with a more intelligent design, or moving your VPN tunnel endpoint on a PC where performance will be more acceptable.

I seem to be having a problem applying changes to the main WAN config page. Example: Connect to DNS Server automatically is set to no, with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the DNS fields. If I make any changes to these numbers, and hit apply.. they are not applied. Same if I change the checkbox to Yes.Any other setting on the WAN page does the same thing. It appears the submit function is broken on the form. This istarted with 376.49_0 and is still in 376.49_2. Tried with multiple browsers on multiple devices.

Had the same problem...

It all started when I connected my AdTrap... it was blocking the apply button... go figure, so i whitelisted the IP of my Router and everything works again...

I'll have to take a closer look at the John's restore utility that everyone is praising here. I believe it's great, I was just afraid to dig deeper into this, just to avoid screwing something terribly :(

I will do manual nvram erase then, but now when I tried Putty and successfully logged into my router, I got kind of interested as to why my attempt to erase nvram using mtd-erase2 nvram command, did not give me any results. After pressing ENTER key, cursor simply jumped down one prompt line.
That is exactly what my AC87R does. However, if you reboot the setup wizard will open up confirming the nvram has been cleared. The erase command is great as it wipes the nvram clean instantly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!