What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.49 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That is exactly what my AC87R does. However, if you reboot the setup wizard will open up confirming the nvram has been cleared. The erase command is great as it wipes the nvram clean instantly.

Oh, so it basically worked silently in the background. I still kind of wish there was at least some kind of notification that process was performed successfully. Oh well, we can't have everything I guess.

Thank you Dave for updating on this subject. I know it's driving this thread off the track, but I hope at least it will help someone else who was wondering the same thing. Thank you again!

http session hanging

Firstly I got the 376.49_5 build and did factory reset. I have the N66 router.

What I wanted to do was put a pfsense VPN client between N66 and my Virgin Media cable (modem mode) router.

On the pfsense I set the LAN connection to 192.168.1.1/29 which has a dns server address for the airvpn I use, which is 10.4.0.1. I plug this into the WAN of the N66.

On the N66's WAN port I set static IP 192.168.1.1/29 with GW of 192.168.1.1 and for DNS (this might be wrong??) 192.168.1.1

The N66 Http web front end hangs about 30 secs or so after hard resetting in this configuration. If i unplug pfsense from WAN and plug cable router back in directly, change WAN back to automatic IP, reboot n66, its fine again.

Would this be a bug?

Samba bug

Hello!

I've noticed a bug in 376.49_5. Samba gets enabled after restarting the router (AC66U) and after applying LAN settings. I have to turn it on and off to disable it.

Hello!

I've noticed a bug in 376.49_5. Samba gets enabled after restarting the router (AC66U) and after applying LAN settings. I have to turn it on and off to disable it.

You probably have either Force Master Browser or WINS Server support enabled - they both require Samba to start.

I am very disappointed with my ac68u, also have a DSL-2740E and his coverage is MUCH better than the asus. It's frustrating a much more expensive router lose to a ultra low cost.
FW: 376.49_5

I am very disappointed with my ac68u, also have a DSL-2740E and his coverage is MUCH better than the asus. It's frustrating a much more expensive router lose to a ultra low cost.
FW: 376.49_5

Nice name by the way. Can you tell us why you think the Asus is so much worse that the d-link you have is?

Nice name by the way. Can you tell us why you think the Asus is so much worse that the d-link you have is?

I'm not having signal problems, just cover the asus is much worse than the dlink, asus is also lower in coverage compared to W8960N I have.

cfe 1.0.2.1 update ac68r

This new build .49_5 is cutting off the 5g wifi at 50/20mbit where .48_1 was giving me 300/300mbit.

I havent tested the 2.4g wifi...
And wired connections was the same.

Tested with MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.1

i want to update the cfe 1.0.2.1 but i have ac68U not U , how can i do , thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online