What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IPv6 and Comcast not working 378.50 or 378.51 Beta N66U

I have tried 378.50 and 378.51 Beta on my Asus RT-N66U and it seems I lost connectivity with getting a Comcast IPv6 address, IPv4 still works. Before you all freak out on me here are a couple of notes:

1) YES I did a factory reset after upgrading to 378.50
2) YES I know Comcast IPv6 is flaky but it works with 376.49_5
3) YES I rebooted my router (multiple times)
4) YES I rebooted my modem (multiple times)
5) YES I tried disabling and enabling IPv6 after reboot
6) YES I waited 30 seconds between reboots and unplugs of the WAN

It seems that the only thing that works to get IPv6 working again with Comcast for me is to downgrade back to 376.49_5. I realize according to the release notes this shouldn't be an issue but I am just letting you know it is.

I am back to 376.49_5 for now and will try again with 51 Beta 2 or GA and see if that solves my issues

As always merlin your work is appreciated and wanted to give you feedback

Hi RMerlin,

There is a group of us that will get the 5 GHz connection issues with RT-AC87U if we upgrade the FW beyond 376.2769.

I'm wondering if you can help to make a special version with old 5 GHz driver as in the 376.2769.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Nice! Comcast IPv6 is working fine here along with everything else (so far), and some nice new interesting stuff in the web admin GUI.

Thanks.

Router: AC68U
Build: 51beta1

1. NAT loopback on Merlin not working. It is working after changing to ASUS.
2. I am also having problem with IPV6 (Native) for M1 (SG) network. It was working previously under 49 build.

Router: AC68U
Build: 51beta1

1. NAT loopback on Merlin not working. It is working after changing to ASUS.
2. I am also having problem with IPV6 (Native) for M1 (SG) network. It was working previously under 49 build.

Did you do the reset to factory defaults after upgrading to 51_beta1? If you were upgrading from 50 you wouldn't need to, but you would upgrading from 49.

Just curious...

Hi!
Are the changes of ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.378.4376 included?
In particular, the AI protection fixes?

The latest source code available is for 378_4129, so until Asus releases newer source code, I can't merge anything.

Hi RMerlin,

There is a group of us that will get the 5 GHz connection issues with RT-AC87U if we upgrade the FW beyond 376.2769.

I'm wondering if you can help to make a special version with old 5 GHz driver as in the 376.2769.

Thank you.

Everyone has his "favorite" version. If I start trying to make a build for every single release that a group of person point out as "the best" for them, it would be an endless stream of alternate builds.

There are far more positive reports of this new driver than negative reports, so the new one is what I'm basing my firmware on.

The latest source code available is for 378_4129, so until Asus releases newer source code, I can't merge anything.

FYI asus just released a new update for the rt-ac56U, Rt-ac68U, RT-AC87U etc:

Link: http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC56U/HelpDesk_Download/

ASUS RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4376
[Important 1]
If your firmware is 3.0.0.4.374.xxxx, please upgrade to 3.0.0.4.376.xxxx first. Only 3.0.0.4.376.xxxx can upgrade to this version.

[Important 2]
This version included AiProtection and AdaptiveQoS. After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.

New features
1. Added AiProtection with triple-strength total network security, plus robust parental controls and privacy protection
2. Added Adaptive QoS. Applications and tasks can be prioritized easily using drag-and-drop presets for gaming, media streaming, VoIP, web browsing and file transfers.

Security related
1. Fixed CSRF issue.
2. Upgraded Openssl library to 1.0.0.q
3. Removed FTP link in Network map
4. Fixed CVE-201301813
5. Fixed the XSS vulnerability on page Main_Analysis_Content.asp

Bug fixes
1. Fixed dual wan fails over mode switch back issue.
2. Fixed VPN server related issues.
3. Fixed static IP setting issue in AP mode.
4. Fixed download master cannot be uninstalled in FAT16 and FAT32 format.
5. Fixed Wake on LAN UI issue.
6. Fixed Firefox compatibility issue.
7. Fixed IPv6 related issues.
8. Fixed IGMP related issues.
9. Fixed media server related issues.
10. Fixed UI issue when setting the repeater mode or AP mode in QIS.

3G/LTE
1. Supported Huawei E161, E3131, E171
2. Supported ZTE MF880, MF823, MF821D
3. Supported Royaltek Q110

Did you do the reset to factory defaults after upgrading to 51_beta1? If you were upgrading from 50 you wouldn't need to, but you would upgrading from 49.

Just curious...

Yes, I did a full reset when I moved from 49 to 50. For 51beta1, no wipe data.

I see others are also having the same problem as me.

astrill vpn router applet

anyone else having trouble with the astrill router applet on beta 51? AC68U.

After the factory reset, I can't get it to hang around after a reboot.

Yes, I have tried the two reboots after formatting JFFS.

Thanks...

I haven't changed anything in relation to that in 378.51. What was the previous version you were running? It might have been removed by Asus in a recent GPL merge.

I upgraded from 378.50 with NVRAM reset afterwards. Noticed by comparing nvram settings afterwards that samba is enabled by default now which leads to syslog socket binding errors cause operating in AP mode. Nevertheless I looked for the related USB-Application URL on the web (ASUSWRT Demo). By entering the URL http://RT-AC68-hostname/APP_Installation.asp I could access and change settings.

AC87U enable new traffic analysis broke the webUI, reboot can login back in, but same issue
upgraded from 378.50
saw another user on AC68U is having the same issue on twitter
tried both IE11 and Chrome
tried turn off App analysis
Maybe it's conflicted with some settings
Anyone else is having the same issue?

Last edited:
Spining down doesn't work in Repeater mode. In Router mode hdd sleep works properly.

RT-AC68U

Here are some bugs on the RT-AC68U using 378.51 beta 1.

1. http://192.168.1.1/AiProtection_HomeProtection.asp

a) When you click "scan" under a 'router security assessment', it will say that UPnP service disabled - No" despite the fact that UPNP is actually disabled.

b) When you click 'Alert Preferences' under Infected Device Prevention and Blocking, it only lets you choose a Google e-mail address.

- Can a "custom" entry be made to support other addresses such as Outlook.com, Yahoo etc?

- Can support be added to send alerts to multiple e-mail addresses instead of just one?

2. http://192.168.1.1/Advanced_OperationMode_Content.asp

Using Firefox 37 the checkbox for Media Bridge is on the top, whereas Media Bridge is on the next line. Should be next to each other

Keep up the excellent work

Cheers

AC66R Reset

Updated RT-AC66R from 378.50 and 2.4ghz band was unstable with slow downloads, hung uploads and just flakey in general. Mostly testing to various speedtest sites. Some would download fast at times but totally hang at upload and time out. Sometimes only like 1-2 mbps on a 500+ connection. (LAN reported 545mbps pretty consistent). Had to clear nvram (used wps button method) and all seems well now for 15 hrs or so. I suspect this was because of the new (old) driver change for the AC66?

VERY nice wifi log BTW. That looks and works great! MUCH better than the orig. Nice work!

1. http://192.168.1.1/AiProtection_HomeProtection.asp

a) When you click "scan" under a 'router security assessment', it will say that UPnP service disabled - No" despite the fact that UPNP is actually disabled.

Known issue in Asus's code, it's because the check checks for both wan0 and wan1 even when Dual WAN is disabled. You can either ignore it, or temporarily enable Dual WAN to disable the second WAN's UPNP. It's just a cosmetical issue, UPNP isn't running on the second WAN interface if there isn't one.

b) When you click 'Alert Preferences' under Infected Device Prevention and Blocking, it only lets you choose a Google e-mail address.

- Can a "custom" entry be made to support other addresses such as Outlook.com, Yahoo etc?

- Can support be added to send alerts to multiple e-mail addresses instead of just one?

Anything related to AiProtection is closed source.

AC66R Reset

Updated RT-AC66R from 378.50 and 2.4ghz band was unstable with slow downloads, hung uploads and just flakey in general. Mostly testing to various speedtest sites. Some would download fast at times but totally hang at upload and time out. Sometimes only like 1-2 mbps on a 500+ connection. (LAN reported 545mbps pretty consistent). Had to clear nvram (used wps button method) and all seems well now for 15 hrs or so. I suspect this was because of the new (old) driver change for the AC66?

And I get people complaining about the exact opposite. So there's nothing more I can do but suggest going through the numerous recommendations previously mentionned, especially with the congested 2.4 GHz band.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!