What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One more - I have a very low WAN connection - 8 Mbps. The WAN connection is 100 Mbps half duplex.

However, I see spiked incoming traffic rates of 1048583.98 kBps = 1Gbps. Thats somehow insane :)

Traffic monitor screenshot is below

Attachments

• rate.png
    rate.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 422
Just a guess re the new logs people are seeing - possible STP related? I already have this disabled and am not seeing the logs so maybe give that a try

LAN -> Switch Control -> spanning-tree-protocol

(Still zero wifi issues since the update yesterday :D)

Big issue :-( AC68U, upgraded to .51..
Now I cannot access to web admin interface.
After update firmware all was ok.. I switched to 'ON' openvpn server 1, reboot and nothing else...
I try to rebooted again.. I can access via ssh / telnet but no web.. Help :)

BTW, I have STP disabled. I have no L2 loops - none of my devices are dual-homed :)

Just a guess re the new logs people are seeing - possible STP related? I already have this disabled and am not seeing the logs so maybe give that a try

After update firmware all was ok.. I switched to 'ON' openvpn server 1, reboot and nothing else...

Try this, using SSH/telnet

nvram set http_enable=2
nvram commit
service restart_httpd

Try this, using SSH/telnet

Thanks, but was already setup enabled...

Thus, my http web access do work, but I can report the real bug: iPhone and iPad safari have a problem with web admin in .51 Merlin...
Don't ask me why, but with latest iOS Safari I cannot access to web admin..

Thanks pal! You just nailed it! After disabling the STP, I'm not seeing it in the log now :)

378.51 working well for me on an RT-AC68U. The only one issue that I have is that, if I go to the Traffic Analyzer, I lose the web interface and get the message .......
"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U."

After that, I have to reboot it to get it working again.
I only run mine in AP mode if that helps. Any ideas?

You need to re-enable the JFFS partition for Traffic Analyzer to work. JFFS is enabled by default now, so either you manually disabled it, or you didn't do the required factory default reset after upgrading to the first 378_xx build.

Traffic Analyzer will be of no use to you in AP mode anyway, it's intended for router mode.

Hi guys, do you know if the data of the new Traffic Analyzer is stored in the same location of all the traffic data? Thanks

Traffic Analyzer data is stored on the JFFS partition.

Re: Logging on custom config/script execution

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for adding the logging on the start of the custom config/script execution!

Not possible, scripts are launched asynchronously, so the firmware immediately resumes whatever it was doing right after spawning the new process. It has no way of knowing if/when the script has completed.

Hi,
I' using the latest Merlin Version
Model RT-AC68U
Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.378.51
Is this normal that I cannot switch the NAT Acceleration to AUTO?
QOS is turned off
NAT Acceleration Disable Auto NAT traffic is processed by CPU.

Second question,
I have the Clock frequency turned on to 1000/800, but if I' making a on the website a speedtest.net a speediest, cpu 1 is during this time over 90% percent, the download rate is that what my ISP promised (250 down, 25 up).
spatzenpost

Look at the Tools -> Sysinfo page, it will tell you what feature is forcing it to be disabled.

Nat loopback default setting is "Merlin".
I have an ARM router (ac68u) and I don't use nat loopback: in order to save cpu can I disable this feature?

The NAT loopback only contains two simple firewall rules, it won't make any measurable difference in performance.

I only added the "disabled" option for sake of completeness.

Regression from .50 version.

I am using freedns.afraid.org for my DDNS. Custom script is working fine and IP address is being updated.

The firmware doesn't do anything more than execute the script. The failure report is actually handled by your script, so make sure you are properly running the ddns_custom_updated command at the end of your script, and that the webui is properly set to "custom".

Make sure you don't set the VPN server to use the same ports as your webui.

Merlin - it is the same script which worked fine in .50. The problem started in .51.

Thankfully the DDNS entry is being updated.

The firmware doesn't do anything more than execute the script. The failure report is actually handled by your script, so make sure you are properly running the ddns_custom_updated command at the end of your script, and that the webui is properly set to "custom".

Merlin - it is the same script which worked fine in .50. The problem started in .51.

There's been zero change to the DDNS code in 378.51.

That error indicates that you are most likely not alerting the firmware that the DDNS is updated, which is the job of the custom script. Again, make sure you do run ddns_updated at the end of the process.

Attached is the script.

Code:
admin@router:/jffs/scripts# cat ddns-start
#!/bin/sh

wget -q http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?<secret_code>

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
  /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 1
else
  /sbin/ddns_custom_updated 0
fi
admin@router:/jffs/scripts#

Made an edit to make intent clearer.

One more - I have a very low WAN connection - 8 Mbps. The Ethernet Link speed to the WAN modem is 100 Mbps half duplex.

However, I see spiked incoming traffic rates of 1048583.98 kBps = 1Gbps. Thats somehow insane :)

Attached is the script.

Code:
admin@router:/jffs/scripts# cat ddns-start
#!/bin/sh

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
else
fi
admin@router:/jffs/scripts#

Try inserting logging entries right after both ddns_custom_updated calls to see if it's an error code returned by wget that's causing it. Something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
logger "DDNS updated 1"
else
logger "DDNS updated 0"
fi

That will confirm if the issue is the return code coming from wget. Maybe that update URL returns an error code if you try to update your DDNS too often (which DDNS providers call "abusive updates").

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!