What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Passenger
high cpu load is normal when You use samba serwer.

Beaforming is on the RT-AC56U and newer routers, under Wireless -> Professional.
Thnx for replying, I'm missing the function? Or is it called differently?

TQ4KMgE.png

Skywalker, have you reset the router to factory defaults at any time after loading the firmware you are now using? If not, that is what you need to do. Make sure you do not use a backup cfg file to restore your settings afterwards. You will need to minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.

At this point, you should have all the options possible for your model available.

Skywalker, have you reset the router to factory defaults at any time after loading the firmware you are now using? If not, that is what you need to do. Make sure you do not use a backup cfg file to restore your settings afterwards. You will need to minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.

At this point, you should have all the options possible for your model available.

Hi,
I did a factory reset before installing the latest Merlin firmware on my router. And I didn't use an old cfg file. I started with a fresh setup...

Doing a factory reset before is pointless. It only resets the firmware that was on there originally.

You must do a factory reset after loading new firmware. Try again. :)

Doing a factory reset before is pointless. It only resets the firmware that was on there originally.

You must do a factory reset after loading new firmware. Try again. :)

I will try that. Thnx!

Hello fellows, has anyone noticed high usage from samba server? My RT-N66U CPU is 100% all the time and I can't figure out why.

telnet or ssh into the router and enter 'top' (without the quotes)....
what process is at the top of the list?
Also, how is the USB drive formatted? One possibility is that the router is doing a disk check on the drive.

telnet or ssh into the router and enter 'top' (without the quotes)....
what process is at the top of the list?
Also, how is the USB drive formatted? One possibility is that the router is doing a disk check on the drive.

That's how I noticed it was samba server (/usr/sbin/smbd) taking up almost all CPU. The harddrive has ext3 format.

Hi! I have the RT-AC66U. Original post is on the previous page.

I hope that the reset and manually re-entering your configuration settings helped. That's the first thing that I'd try if things went wrong like your screen shot shows.

Sorry that I missed the original posting.

Hello,
My Daily from Traffic Monitor sows me more than 30 days.
RxI4fBb.png

As you can see in the picture it should show traffic from 09.08.2015 to 07.09.2014 and not from 12.07.2015 to 07.09.2015.

Hi,
My ASUS RT-N66U is running on the Merlin 378.55 build. Overall it runs really great. I only have one problem. After 10 days without reboot, I put 1 torrent in download, in the same HDD that have films to watch via samba via LAN in my house. The problem is
stop and restart all the movies in the hard disk. Like a buffering in youtube / streaming. It would seem a problem of memory or cpu... that has no happened with the original firmware....never.
To solve, i should reboot the router.
Any solutions ?

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available for download.

The highlights of this new release:

This build merges with Asus's GPL 378_6117, wiwth a few fixes backported from 6975. This new GPL includes a few important changes:

• New login scheme, based on a token rather than on HTTP basic authentication. This is far more secure against crosssite exploits.
  • OpenVPN keys and certificates migrated to JFFS the first time you start an OpenVPN client or server. This frees up a good amount of nvram.
  • NAT acceleration for PPTP/L2TP WAN users (used by some Russian ISPs). Only on ARM-based routers at this time.
  • New client list on the networkmap page

Other important changes in this release:
  • All System Log pages have been re-designed as tables, to make them much easier to read.
  • Various components updates: OpenVPN, OpenSSL, ffmpeg.
  • Additionally, minidlna was updated to the latest upstream version, and some of Asus's customizations were reverted, fixing the stability issues of the recent releases.
  • To deal with OpenVPN clients that upgraded to the latest OpenSSL version, the automatically generated Diffie-Hellman is now 2048-bit instead of 512-bit. For performance reasons, a pre-generated one is used (this is perfectly safe). Server instances configured with any DH below 1024-bit is automatically upgraded to this 2048-bit one.
  • Resource optimizations on the RT-AC87U (4 MB of RAM saved) and other ARM models (buffers are no longer regularly flushed, for better overall performance - that buffer memory will get automatically freed if required by actual applications, so higher memory usage is perfectly normal).
  • A few other bug fixes and improvements - see the changelog for more info

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.
Have not seen you for a month to update the firmware, what recent busy? When a new version is released?

Have not seen you for a month to update the firmware, what recent busy? When a new version is released?

Wireless code is now closed source, which means I need new GPL releases from Asus for every single router model. So far I only have these for the AC3200 (and indirectly for the AC87), so I can't even compile the firmware for the other models at this time.

Hi,
My ASUS RT-N66U is running on the Merlin 378.55 build. Overall it runs really great. I only have one problem. After 10 days without reboot, I put 1 torrent in download, in the same HDD that have films to watch via samba via LAN in my house. The problem is
stop and restart all the movies in the hard disk. Like a buffering in youtube / streaming. It would seem a problem of memory or cpu... that has no happened with the original firmware....never.
To solve, i should reboot the router.
Any solutions ?
RMerlin do you have read my samba problem? Add: watching film from my pc and not from HDD connected to router, all work perfectly.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Wireless code is now closed source, which means I need new GPL releases from Asus for every single router model. So far I only have these for the AC3200 (and indirectly for the AC87), so I can't even compile the firmware for the other models at this time.

Thank you for your work But maybe you could recompile a 55.1 with all commits included? This will make people happy.

Thank you for your work But maybe you could recompile a 55.1 with all commits included? This will make people happy.

No, because the vast majority of changes come from the newer GPL, which requires those binary blobs. There isn't enough external changes to justify the trouble of a point release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.