What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so if I upgrade to 378-55 I can no longer use a program like "Lastpass" to prefill my login credentials. Is that a true statement?
Fortunately: No.

I'm running 378.55 and I still can log in using LastPass.

You have something preventing the page from fully loading - most likely an invalid SSID or client name containing a non alphanumeric character.

Actually no I dont. I don't think. SSID is Happiness and Security Cameras

All device are word names like Justin ipad.

The exclamation point is there regardless of what browser I use on my mac or pc. Also the icons are not lit on the same. Just minor issues.

All devices connect and able to post here.

For some reason each time I reboot the router (with 378.55) either via the web interface or command line it becomes inaccessible. Wireless goes down (LEDs are off and also not seeing it broadcasting). I also can't access it via the LAN. If I power off the router wait a 5-10 seconds and then power it back on most of the LEDs come back on (except wireless), then a few seconds later all the LEDs cycle off and then back on. Wireless comes back up and can access everything again. General log entries look normal after the router is back up.

Is there anything worth checking on / providing before I redo everything from scratch? I had been using the nvram-save /restore scripts from John.

The exclamation point is there regardless of what browser I use on my mac or pc. Also the icons are not lit on the same. Just minor issues.

If you have a name "Justin ipad" without the quotes of course that is invalid. Spaces are not allowed. You could do Justin-ipad if you wanted.
--bill

Hi all,

I just upgraded my RT-AC66U like normal and everything went A-OK.

From the web-page I selected the newly downloaded, un-zipped ROM and clicked Upgrade.
After a while, like normal, it asked me to manually reboot the device, I power-cycled it.
After about 1-2 minutes it was back on, serving both the existing 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz networks.

And yeh, the loginscreen has changed, but what I see as an advantage is, that after a while the unit logs the user off, but there is no annoying pop-up window saying the user has successfully logged off.

I tested the reboot from the webgui, and it worked perfect, it even looked faster than before.
Both the 2.4 and 5.8GHz came back online.

So far no problems, I will keep you posted.

Satbeginner

My notice the Log is spam with this every 2~6min.
dnsmasq-dhcp[475]: DHCPREQUEST(br0)
dnsmasq-dhcp[475]: DHCPACK(br0
It happen at random to devices on the network. If I reboot the router it could be a different device that spams this.
I did factory restore it then use nvram save to restore it.

Last edited:
If you have a name "Justin ipad" without the quotes of course that is invalid. Spaces are not allowed. You could do Justin-ipad if you wanted.
--bill
Following this line of thought, I've had intermittent issues with DNS resolution since upgrading to version 378.xx from the 374.xx fork on a RT-N66U. Is it possible that my SSIDs and/or DHCP client names could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.

example SSID: John_Snow
example DHCP client name: p-SGN4

Thanks, after this update on ASUS AC RT87U, I am unable to set any ftp permissions.

I have wiped my config with telnet - nvram erase command.
Went through and set everything properly - as I did before.

I can ftp into my Router - and see directories etc - but am unable to change the permissions from the web interface.

1zlsk04.jpg

I upgraded to this build too, in the process I had to patch /release/src/router/rc/qos.c to re-enable traditional QoS for IPv6 and build it myself. Below is the small patch I used:
Code:
--- a/release/src/router/rc/qos.c
+++ b/release/src/router/rc/qos.c
@@ -168,9 +168,6 @@ int add_iQosRules(char *pcWANIF)

if(pcWANIF == NULL || nvram_get_int("qos_enable") != 1 || nvram_get_int("qos_type") != 0) return -1;
        if((fn = fopen(mangle_fn, "w")) == NULL) return -2;
+#ifdef RTCONFIG_IPV6
+       if(ipv6_enabled() && (fn_ipv6 = fopen(mangle_fn_ipv6, "w")) == NULL) return -3;
+#endif

inuse = sticky_enable = 0;
Asus for some reason removed this and the file was not being opened to accept input, I just reverted that bit they changed in the recent GPL merge. No other issues encountered at this time.

I know Asus has added some missing kernel modules specific to IPv6 QoS/Parental Control in a recent GPL. However I haven't re-enabled the code I disabled a few months ago because I wanted to wait and see if they had more fixes to implement before re-enabling that code.

Regarding OpenVPN Advanced Settings I noticed that the Allowed Clients in the list are not persitently saved when I stopp (OFF) and start (ON). Why this ?

You must save your settings before you enable/disable an OpenVPN instance. See the warning right next to the On/Off switch.

Open your web browser error console, you will see what's causing the Javascript code to break the page.

Thanks, after this update on ASUS AC RT87U, I am unable to set any ftp permissions.

I have wiped my config with telnet - nvram erase command.
Went through and set everything properly - as I did before.

I can ftp into my Router - and see directories etc - but am unable to change the permissions from the web interface.

Works for me.

I have been using Merlin firmware for a few months now, and never had any problems on my RT-87U. But after this update the 2.4 GHz signal is disconnecting every few minutes. There is no problem on the 5 GHz network. It is not disconnecting because of the distance because my pc has been here for ever and it's happening on all devices on the 2.4 GHz network. I have tried rebooting and resetting the router serveral times. Is there any way you could help me with that? And is downgrading an option since i didn't have any problems with the previous version?

Thanks for the help and your hard work.

I have been using Merlin firmware for a few months now, and never had any problems on my RT-87U. But after this update the 2.4 GHz signal is disconnecting every few minutes. There is no problem on the 5 GHz network. It is not disconnecting because of the distance because my pc has been here for ever and it's happening on all devices on the 2.4 GHz network. I have tried rebooting and resetting the router serveral times. Is there any way you could help me with that? And is downgrading an option since i didn't have any problems with the previous version?

Thanks for the help and your hard work.

I have this issue as well - it's not every few minutes though - it's just randomly happening with me - I've been having this issue since 378.55 + betas.

Was ok on 378.54 - It never used to happen? - I just disable my network connection on my laptop - then reconnect again and it works.

Works well on my RT-AC68P. No issues experienced after about 12 hours and multiple people/devices using the network.

Has anyone experienced their usb drive going into read only mode, I've been having this problem on this build - it was OK an hour ago - nothing has been changed in the firmware or settings - now it's read only - wtf?

This is sooooo annoying as I need to reset my router for it the usb drive to go to read/write again. Also I have 32 gig free so it's not a size issue

Edit: Rebooted the router - the usb is not mounted, I then plug the usb drive into the front usb port and now it works again?

Last edited:
Thanks, Merlin...Working well on both models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!