What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I look at my network connection details in Windows 10, if "obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected, the IPv4 DNS server shown is 192.168.1.1 and the IPv6 DNS servers shown are my ISP's. I have them both set manually to Google DNS servers in my router's settings. Shouldn't both the IPv4 and IPv6 servers shown in Windows be the Google servers? Since the router is listed as the IPv4 DNS server, will it use the Google DNS server?

Depends where you set it. There's two places.
1st, under the wan settings you can specify the DNS servers, this sounds like what you have at the moment.
2nd is under the DHCP settings, you can choose to advertise additional DNS servers to the clients.

I have the exact same issue with my RT-AC66U running access point mode. I already reported it earlier in this thread.
Channel stuck on 36, when I try to apply my new settings, everything is set back to auto again.
Tried factory reset, cleared nvram and stuff: doesn't help. Reverting to 54 does.
I'll just wait for the new version ^^
Now that you mentioned, I have exactly the same issue. RT-AC66U in AP mode, and the channel is stuck, even though I have tried to change it manually.

Sorry for asking here but is there a thread where we can suggest new features for Asuswrt-Merlin. I know that Asuswrt-Merlin wants to be just a more secure Asuswrt but still there could be some minor features added.

Sorry for asking here but is there a thread where we can suggest new features for Asuswrt-Merlin. I know that Asuswrt-Merlin wants to be just a more secure Asuswrt but still there could be some minor features added.
You better make a new thread about that. This way it should cause least amount of disturbance for other threads, since it's unrelated topic.

Depends where you set it. There's two places.
1st, under the wan settings you can specify the DNS servers, this sounds like what you have at the moment.
2nd is under the DHCP settings, you can choose to advertise additional DNS servers to the clients.
Thank you for your reply.
You are correct, I do have it set on the WAN page. On the LAN > DHCP Server page, I can enter only IPv4 DNS servers, but I am assuming that since the router is listed as the IPv4 DNS server, my computer will use the manually entered values. On the IPv6 page, I have manually entered addresses for DNS, but my computer apparently doesn't grab them from the router. Is this a firmware issue? Or is it an issue with Windows?

Not sure if I had this before the latest Merlin firmware update, but I'll post here anyway... Is there any specific reason as to why I'm unable to turn "Apps Analysis" on (inside Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor settings). I turn it on, click Apply, and once router is done doing whatever it's doing, my "Apps Analysis" switch goes back to OFF position.

Am I doing something wrong or does "Traffic Analyser - Statistic" needs to be turned on too in order for "Apps Analysis" to work?

Thanks in advance!

Flashed my n66u to 378.55, mac adress filter stopped working.
Anyone else has such a problem?
It used to be separate for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, but now it is just one for both frequencies?

Has anyone noticed IPv6 being broken on this firmware when connecting OS X devices? My windows PC and Android tablet are assigned IPv6 addresses, and work properly; however, my work Macbook Pro running OS X 10.10.4 is assigned what seems to be local IPv6 addresses but when I attempt to visit ipv6.google.com it can't resolve the address, and if I try http://ipv6-test.com/ it fails the IPv6 tests. I should also note that this device doesn't appear under "System Log > IPv6".

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Download Master ver. 3.1.0.95 is DEFINITELY CRIPPLED in 378.55 !
As a frequent DM user I can say that; there are lots of bugs within this FW version.

1- USB HDD/Flash not recognized after a Reboot/PowerCut etc.
What ever u do, it stays aware of the device connected at the Ports !

2- Magnet links for Torrents are not accepted anymore !
U should always have to download the torrent links first & then "add" to the Download Master which is Rubbish, Time consuming & NOT acceptable !

3- The RAM usage on RT-AC68U seems to be too much. It is always at % 85-90 !?!
In the previous FWs there wasn't any problems like this. The RAM usage was more stable.
It was slowly increasing & then at some point between %85-90, it was decreased to a more sensible %30-40 levels...
Now, it never decreases to those levels, it stays about %85-90 all the time, leaving %25-40 empty RAM space ??? (check out the attached file)

There weren't any issues like those before but.... Now, it's full of bugs.
Maybe the Download Master needs an UpDate or the FW needs some attention, I don't know.
But it's really a headache :(

PS: I also do have some cut-offs on my Intel 7260 AC wifi @ 2.4Ghz signal.
Repetitive wifi locks... Router is signaling but Intel 7260AC loses the signal sometimes & gets locked.
It can be corrected (reset) by Trouble Shooter in Win 8.1 but its very annoying indeed.
(There wasn't a problem like this before 378.55 FW UpDate)

Attachments

• RTAC68U RAM Usage 378.55.jpg
    RTAC68U RAM Usage 378.55.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
high ram usage in arm router is normal for this build. RMerlin write about this many times

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed IPv6 being broken on this firmware when connecting OS X devices? My windows PC and Android tablet are assigned IPv6 addresses, and work properly; however, my work Macbook Pro running OS X 10.10.4 is assigned what seems to be local IPv6 addresses but when I attempt to visit ipv6.google.com it can't resolve the address, and if I try http://ipv6-test.com/ it fails the IPv6 tests. I should also note that this device doesn't appear under "System Log > IPv6".

Anyone know what the issue might be?

Hmm, no problems on my Mac devices...

I tested setting my 5 GHz channel to 165, 161 and 157. They all worked, and a WiFi scan showed that the channel was indeed correct. AC68U.
For some reason, have found the greatest connection success with the greatest number of clients on the AC68U with the 5GHz channel set to 161 instead of Auto. Including in this current release of Merlin firmware.

- The RAM usage on RT-AC68U seems to be too much. It is always at % 85-90 !?!
In the previous FWs there wasn't any problems like this....
What is the "problem" with the RAM usage. What do you care if the RAM usage is 1% or 100%, as long as you are not seeing an out of memory message. In fact it is a feature rather than a problem if a router is smart enough to use all of its RAM at all times to do something (such as buffer recently requested information in case it might be called for again soon) instead of sitting there wastefully.

Flashed my n66u to 378.55, mac adress filter stopped working.
Anyone else has such a problem?
It used to be separate for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, but now it is just one for both frequencies?
Hi,

Read the change log: There you will find that the two lists have been merge a while ago. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hello Folks,

not sure if this is the right way to publish my issue. But here we go:

I updatet my ASUS RT-87 to Merlin 378.55 like two weeks ago. It´s my first attempt to use Merlin - so I´m kinda nooby here. Nevertheless, I´m experiencing a completely frozen RT-87U sometimes. First of all I saw (and felt) that the RT is getting now much hotter than before (stock firmware). Is there some kind of overclocking going on in Merlin by default?
To overcome the issue with the frozen router I setup a CRON job rebooting it every night at 4am. The reboot works, but still the router freezes spontaneous after ~12 hours of operation. Not every day but like every 2nd or 3rd day.

Is this a known issue?

Did you reset your router before changing firmware? Did you restore your settings from a different firmware build?
Personally I reset my router before a major firmware update, update the firmware, reset again, enter settings manually.

Resetting to factory defaults before an upgrade is wasting your time. Unplugging all USB devices and rebooting without them attached and then upgrading and resetting to factory defaults is better.

Did you reset your router before changing firmware? Did you restore your settings from a different firmware build?
Personally I reset my router before a major firmware update, update the firmware, reset again, enter settings manually.

I had an odd issue with this version. I haven't read through the 23 pages so I apologize if this has been mentioned before. I have a 250Mbit/20Mbit cable connection that usually gives me closer to 330Mbit down on my Asus RT-AC66U. Only with this version of the firmware, my router seems to push my speeds down to 225Mbit for no reason. QoS is not enabled at all. If I reboot the router, it goes back to 330Mbit but then slows down to 225Mbit when I'm streaming and even down to under 100Mbit at times when I have mutltiple things doing on. If I directly coonect to the modem, it's a solid 330Mbit. The router though, when it slows down, requires the connection to be reconnected or the router to be rebooted in order to restore the 330Mbit. I rolled back to the previous version and it stays a solid 330Mbit (over wired) regardless of what I do.

Maybe I should reset to defaults and see what happens. Are any of your devices on OS X 10.10.4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

One is 10.10.4, the other is El Capitein.
Not really much on the router side to configure

951b7b6b9276df825228e73cd858bd9c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.