What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Note that site survey won't work properly if you disable a wifi radio, or if you use the MAC filtering feature.

Hi everybody. Short question - is Wireless scheduler (Wireless/Professional) active or it just fake function? Router Asus RT-AC68U, firmware Merlin 378.56_2
Turning this ON, scheduling time for Allow/Deny and nothing happening. Both 2,4 and 5 GHz.
How to make this function alive?

Last edited:
Is this a SAMBA file transfer from a device plugged into the router USB ports? Or is it just a transfer from one network server PC or NAS device or client PC, to another?
A transfer from Windows 10 (native file server, ethernet connections to router) to Windows 10 (WiFi connections to router).

Just updated my RT-N66U. The MAC filter has been split off into 2.4ghz, and 5ghz like it was previously. This causes some issues when copying the configuration over from the previous 378.55 build. It adds the name of the Device on the end of the MAC like this AA:AA:AA:AA:AA>Name. It won't allow you to delete the entries, and adds garbage to the end after each delete, and apply attempt. To restore the configuration I did a factory reset, then used the NVRAM save and restore tool from these forums. I also tried restoring from the UI, which gave the same results.

Hi, I want to repport a bug on the RT-N66U with firmware 378.56-2 . When i change the wireless channel from auto to channel 13 and set it to 20mhz , on saving the channel stays on auto.
Before i went to the new version .56 i also had the channel on 13 fixed.

Quick question for you guys... currently I'm running 378.54_2 and It's been pretty stable for me, however I recently added a 100Mbps device to my network and now my performance seems to be sporadic and even clients that have always been up and available intermittently show as offline now. Obviously the 100Mb device is going to be much slower than all the Gigabit devices but even for a 100Mb device performance is still very low/spotty. Any idea if this firmware might have issue with mixed Gigabit/100Mbps clients by chance? I appreciate any help or guidance with this.

Like Ajoyner

In the Wireless MAC filter, you can choose the band and accept or reject the client.
but with the 5GHz-1 band, I can't erase the listed clients.

There is a way, though, to do your configuration settings restore, using a script file that you run on the router via telnet or ssh after resetting to factory defaults. This restores your old settings via the router command line:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r22.19521/
rajav2: I'm using John's Restore utility as well; and as I said, site survey is working for me. So you won't need to re-enter everything, but you will have to restore everything via that tool instead of using a standard settings backup file via the UI.

Quick question for you guys... currently I'm running 378.54_2 and It's been pretty stable for me, however I recently added a 100Mbps device to my network and now my performance seems to be sporadic and even clients that have always been up and available intermittently show as offline now. Obviously the 100Mb device is going to be much slower than all the Gigabit devices but even for a 100Mb device performance is still very low/spotty. Any idea if this firmware might have issue with mixed Gigabit/100Mbps clients by chance? I appreciate any help or guidance with this.

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but I have one 100Mbps client connected to my router, and it has always worked just fine, including with this firmware (56_2)). In other words, 3 client white lights (1Gbps) and one 1 client amber light (100Mbps). I've never had to do anything special, that client just runs at 100Mbps and the others can run up to 1Gbps. No problem.

I saw on the Internet, that the latest 378_9177 for the 87U has MU-MIMO enabled by default, only the option to enable/disable it will be added in an upcoming release.

Is this then the same in Merlin 378.56_2?

I saw on the Internet, that the latest 378_9177 for the 87U has MU-MIMO enabled by default, only the option to enable/disable it will be added in an upcoming release.

There is no mention of this in the RMerlin changelog that is linked to in the first post of this thread.

That is correct. ASUS@SG did say that MU-MIMO is enabled by default in 378.9177 in the HRZS forums. That means that it is now transmitting 4x4 but good luck finding clients. You can get those $139 RT-AC87R's over at NewEgg and run them in Media bridge mode if you like however.

I have an issue with time/timezone since upgrading to 378.56.

I'm in the CET (GMT+1) timezone, and I have it correctly configured in the admin settings. http://cl.ly/image/2J1q2b0X2Z3E

And for example lets say that the current time is 15:30:00 CET.

When I ssh to the router and type "date", I get this

Thu Nov 5 15:30:00 UTC 2015

The time on the router is actually set to 15:30 UTC, not CET.

It should either say 15:30:00 CET 2015, or 14:30:00 UTC 2015.

As a result of this everything I schedule on the router (for example NZBGet) is off by one hour.

Hi, I want to repport a bug on the RT-N66U with firmware 378.56-2 . When i change the wireless channel from auto to channel 13 and set it to 20mhz , on saving the channel stays on auto.
Before i went to the new version .56 i also had the channel on 13 fixed.
This appears to be a known issue as it was reported with latest Asus official build for RT-N66U and acknowledged by Asus Support. http://www.snbforums.com/threads/official-rt-n66u-firmware-version-3-0-0-4-378-9235.27622/

On 378.56_2 I noticed there is a new tab under Traffic called ROG First. It doesn't seem to be functional on the RT-N66U. Also, as Jobine and myself described you can't delete entries from the MAC filter on 5G, or 2.4G if they were carried over from the previous configuration. This happens when using the NVRAM save/restore tool, or using the UI.

Last edited:
RT-AC68U. I also did a reset to factory, same result.

Edit: with .55 my CPU usages are from 0%-5%. with .56 and .56_2 it will go from 0%-30%, Back and forth.

Last edited:
On 87-U all went fine...flashed easily, was running beta and this is far better. This is faster more capable build, donated to 378.56. Could you look on this forum and please help with IPTV setup on Netflicks no one has really helped in a month just confusion. Link below plese I've tried Panasonic paid support, Netflicks, Twit tv, small net builder etc. no one gets it or helps maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. Link has FULL info and screenshots

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/he...outer-blocking-netflix-on-panasonic-tv.27222/

Sorry for this but I think you could solve this very quickly, thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!