What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't know about 2.4GHz as I keep this radio off, but 5GHz does blink on 378 and doesn't blink at all on 380 builds.
It did use to blink slightly I admit, but personally it doesn't bother me, and anyway I don't think it's something @RMerlin can fix, the problem is most likely inside the closed source components.

It did use to blink slightly I admit, but personally it doesn't bother me, and anyway I don't think it's something @RMerlin can fix, the problem is most likely inside the closed source components.
Not a big deal, but thought I would mention it, maybe RMerlin comes up with something to fix what ASUS broke.

Also, people are reporting slower internet speed with 380 and remain on 378.56 because of this. Same for ASUS firmware. The ones affected are those with 1 Gbps connections.
Noticed this on other forums as well for, going from 930 Mbps to around 850 Mbps on speedtest.net using AC56U.
Flashed my AC68U, factory reset, it is very slow, just like the official firmware it's based on. I went from 920 Mbps to 812 Mbps on speedtest (wired connection). Guess I'll revert to the previous firmware.
Merlin, do you know what may cause this difference in speed between 378 and 380 firmwares?
Later edit: With AIProtection settings enables things are even worse, I can barely attain 800 Mbps, while on 378 firmwares it went above 900. Definitely something strange...
For me it is kinda slow. Usually I am getting something around 925/201 Mbps on Speedtest on a wired connection, with this firmware I am only getting 830-840/201 Mbps. Back to Merlin's 378_56_2.

Last edited:
I have just updated my RT-AC88U from .58 to .59 and the interface runs like a dog. I am using Chrome, my default browser.

It's so bad, I have flashed back to .58

I only encountered the slow interface when I flashed beta 1. Did nothing, and it fixed itself after a while. Certainly won't go back to .58, 380.59 is very solid for me.

Same slow interface for me on AC68U after flashing. Took some 5 minutes, then went back to normal UI speed. Flashed from .58 to .59.

Well, .58 was/is solid for me. I only updated out of curiosity, and my OCD, lol

Back on .58 and speed is back to normal.

Perhaps i didn't give it long enough then. Will try later...

Upgraded my AC88, and like JemTheWire my WEB GUI is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow...

RT-AC3200 upgraded from 380.58_0 to 380.59_0 . No problems seen so far.

RT-N66u/87u
When i go to USBModem setting from networkmap
3g_1.png

then we see wrong viewe WAN Type - WAN, but we see USB Modem
3g_2.png

But when we go to WAN settings directly from WAN TAB then work ok.
This bug is also exist in official Asus fw

Last edited:
The slow webui is two different issues:

1) Slow after flashing. If you wait a few minutes, the speed returns back to normal. No idea what is causing it, since the problem disappears after a while, and never comes back. Problem also exists in the stock FW. I suspect it's a post-upgrade maintenance done by the firmware, perhaps a cleanup of the Traffic Analyzer database?

2) Stalls when using https. Again, no idea what causes it, I suspect it's a bug in recent Chrome updates and XMLHTTP requests, as when the issue occurs, the whole Chrome window becomes unresponsive, monitoring the router shows that httpd is actively exchanging data with the browser throughout the stall (but since it's SSL I have no idea of the actual data content), and the issue does not occur with any other browser (tested with Edge and Firefox). Workaround is to either change browser, or use HTTP.

Thanks. I was too impatient. I have flashed with .59 once more, but let the router 'rest' for 10 minutes after the power cycle.

Normal GUI speed has returned.

Apologies for my haste

Update on my 87U didn't take the first time going from Beta1 to release (didn't do a reboot first which I should have), but after a reboot of the router it took it fine. Update on the N66U no issues. Thanks Eric!

Thanks RMerlin! So much for my 21 days of uptime on my RT-68U running 380.58 :D Flashing to 380.59 went without issue.
Regards

-dvohwinkel

87U flashed .59 from .58
no default reset.
just after flashing - slow interface. issue was gone after some wait
another issue - too many
"
May 11 20:56:25 syslog: Error 111 un-locking, proceeding anyway
May 11 20:56:27 syslog: Error 111 un-locking, proceeding anyway
May 11 20:56:37 syslog: Error 115 un-locking, proceeding anyway
May 11 20:56:37 syslog: Error 111 un-locking, proceeding anyway
"
in system log. no MIMO turned on. What it can be?
time of ping increased a little (from 12 to 18 ms, rarely up to 70 ms)

87U flashed .59 from .58
no default reset.
just after flashing - slow interface. issue was gone after some wait
another issue - too many
"
May 11 20:56:27 syslog: Error 111 un-locking, proceeding anyway
May 11 20:56:37 syslog: Error 115 un-locking, proceeding anyway
"
in system log. no MIMO turned on. What it can be?
time of ping increased a little (from 12 to 18 ms, rarely up to 70 ms)

Maybe a reset to factory defaults and a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP are warranted then?

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I'm getting the same error message as others when updating from 58 to 59 on my RT-AC66U. Here is the message:

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

I never had this error before. Just in case I tried other browsers. Same issue.

Upgraded to 380.59 last night working fine no issues with my AC3100. :):D

Upgraded my rt-N66U last night. Couldn't get minidlna to function properly with my TV (sony-kdl65w850c). Initial response upon install was slow, as others have noted, that DID clear up. I have regressed to .58 and streaming works again. Thanks, for all the great work in all!

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!