What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 384.8 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No need to update to the latest FW? (Unless having issues)

Was in relation to another person saying would they need to do a factory reset first. I wanted to know if I could do a dirty update from 384.7_2 to the latest as it’s only a . Jump

No, I mean no need to do a factory default reset.

Another translate issue with french language:

Fixed. Was caused by the custom DDNS label I am now showing (since different DDNS services have different requirements).

I've been using WTFast and it's causing some load spikes when it's on.

This is before starting the service:

upload_2018-12-4_18-38-18.png

This is when WTF is running:
upload_2018-12-4_18-37-48.png

That won't stop until I stop the service: "service stop_wtfast". After that the load is normal again. Would be nice to add a button in the gui to stop the service.

I've been using WTFast and it's causing some load spikes when it's on.

Probably working as intended, the service will no doubt require CPU processing to do whatever it's meant to do.

Nice thank you.
we have to wait for the next version?

Yes, next minor release. In the meantime you can avoid the issue by switching to English.

"Apply" button under VPN Server not working. I've tried it with 2 different web browsers. Is there anyone having this issue?

I wanted to report back that IPsec still breaks on my AC88u after a few hours requiring a Router reboot to restore temporary or to disable it.

I use ac86u and I have 1000 mpbs down/up (wan), With this version I got around 500 mbps down/up. I think it is something wrong with this version. When I change back to 384.7_2 I get around 800 down and 950 up. My colleague on my work who use ax88u got similar problem with this version.

I use ac86u and I have 1000 mpbs down/up (wan), With this version I got around 500 mbps down/up. I think it is something wrong with this version. When I change back to 384.7_2 I get around 800 down and 950 up. My colleague on my work who use ax88u got similar problem with this version.

Both up and down increased by 25% for me, lol.

With the same services running on each version of the firmware? No QOS turned on presumably, as that is known to slow throughput at the upper end of the capabilities of these routers.

No QOS turned on presumably, as that is known to slow throughput at the upper end of the capabilities of these routers.

That is really good to know. What is the "upper end" of these devices for their Ethernet ports?

With the same services running on each version of the firmware? No QOS turned on presumably, as that is known to slow throughput at the upper end of the capabilities of these routers.
Yes same settings on both versions. QOS is turned off.

I'm currently using a no-ip DDNS free service which requires reactivation every 30 days. I had signed up with another free DDNS service "DYNU" but I can't set it up in AX-88U as it's not listed as one of the service under DDNS tab. Can someone recommend a good free DDNS service that is also listed in the AX router for setup? Thanks

That is really good to know. What is the "upper end" of these devices for their Ethernet ports?
Well, the ports themselves are nominal 1 gigabit rated, with actual real world throuhput generally somewhere near 900-950 mbps, but with QOS turned on it is often limited to roughly 1/3 of that.

is WAN - Virtual Server / Port Forwarding working yet in this release?

Well, the ports themselves are nominal 1 gigabit rated, with actual real world throuhput generally somewhere near 900-950 mbps, but with QOS turned on it is often limited to roughly 1/3 of that.
Thank you for that tidbit. I have always been using the Adaptive QOS because I was under the impression that it would actually help us. We use Voip (Google voice), lots of different streaming services and PIA VPN as well. We use the VPN only because our isp seems to throttle YouTube, but the very second the VPN is turned on YouTube suddenly works perfectly even for 8K videos. I have to assume that the isp has some kind of throttling in place. It used to also do it with Netflix, but that somehow remedied itself back in late 2016. Now Netflix just works as it should. I put the Voip QOS at the top position, then streaming video at #2, web #3 and transfers at #4.

Not sure if this is the ideal setup for VDSL 40/5 but that is what I been using for several years now. At this low of throughput should I be even bothering to use QOS?

Thank you for that tidbit. I have always been using the Adaptive QOS because I was under the impression that it would actually help us. We use Voip (Google voice), lots of different streaming services and PIA VPN as well. We use the VPN only because our isp seems to throttle YouTube, but the very second the VPN is turned on YouTube suddenly works perfectly even for 8K videos. I have to assume that the isp has some kind of throttling in place. It used to also do it with Netflix, but that somehow remedied itself back in late 2016. Now Netflix just works as it should. I put the Voip QOS at the top position, then streaming video at #2, web #3 and transfers at #4.

Not sure if this is the ideal setup for VDSL 40/5 but that is what I been using for several years now. At this low of throughput should I be even bothering to use QOS?
We are starting to stray a bit off topic for this thread, but yes, QOS is especially helpful at slower WAN speeds. Probably best to continue that discussion elsewhere, I would suggest reading through the @FreshJR Adaptive QOS improvements thread, it's pretty informative.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!