What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about enabling the Guest network and then rebooting and waiting for a few minutes for it to configure itself?

the same mistakes. protocol error 0800 first. After disconnecting the guest network and restarting everything is back to normal. I don't know anymore I believe it is an option to use the mesh network in the visitor interface

Captura de tela de 2020-12-23 08-02-06.png

After disconnecting the guest network erro 0800. however mesh crazy until restarted

Captura de tela de 2020-12-23 08-07-54.png

Normal log for a router with 386 firmware.

Interesting! I read in other posts RMerlin relating this error to the size of the package or by unknown packages! could you explain to me why this occurs when activating the guest network?

Interesting! I read in other posts RMerlin relating this error to the size of the package or by unknown packages! could you explain to me why this occurs when activating the guest network?
No. But this behavior has been noted on Asus 386 beta and releases as well as Merlin. Guest network 1 does generate additional messages. My 386 beta 2 is working very well. I also have a small office running AiMesh on AC68U and AC66U_b1 working very well.

No. But this behavior has been noted on Asus 386 beta and releases as well as Merlin. Guest network 1 does generate additional messages. My 386 beta 2 is working very well. I also have a small office running AiMesh on AC68U and AC66U_b1 working very well.

that's right! in the guest network 1 there is the mesh and in the network 2 it does not! when running network 2 I have no dirt in the log. Thanks!

The NextDNS CLI client is crashing multiple times per day on 386 Beta 2 :(

Anyone else experiencing this?

Haven't seen any crashes on my AX86U but have noticed the log function shows "Error: exit status 1" in the CLI (reported at GitHub).
Maybe time for @Olivier Poitrey to quality check NextDNS CLI for the 386.x branch since a release is getting closer for each day?! :cool:

Hello, I am new here and I am already a big fan of your work. Since I really wanted to have guest wifi on the router (RT-AX88U) and the nodes (RT-AC88U & RT-AC5300) I decided to install the beta 2 with aimesh 2. you make it so super easy to install everything. The guest network is not working yet, but I saw that this was as reported. (kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7)

I also think it's a shame that the Dhcp-list has been reduced from 128 to 64. since I still use a lot of static ip's.

I've had routers from all kinds of brands, but the Asus surprised me the most. unbelievable what a WiFi power.

The only thing I really miss in the asus routers is VLAN

Oh yes also the "adons" (or what do you call them) that people have made are great with those possibilities, I currently have the following things running via AMTM:
swapfile, entware packages, YazFi, scribe, uiSribe, spdMerlin, Diversion, uiDivStats, pixelserv. and netdata that I found elsewhere on the internet
Really nice work.

@RMerlin small graphical bug in the 386 branch (currently using an RT-AX88U). When expanding AiProtection IPS events, hitting the pull down does not collapse back up like it should, but instead just continues to duplicate the list for as many times as you click it (I clicked 3 x times).

Works for me, tested in Chrome. Try disabling addons or with a different browser.

anyone having issue with this beta built with dnsmasq.postconf?

Works for me. Check your script, and make sure you have custom script support enabled.

is there a possibility to increase it again within the limits of the possibilities.

No, which is why it was reduced.

I also think it's a shame that the Dhcp-list has been reduced from 128 to 64. since I still use a lot of static ip's.

Use a dnsmasq.add config file to manually add more. There are a number of posts on the forum on how to do that.

Works for me, tested in Chrome. Try disabling addons or with a different browser.
Happy Holidays Merlin!

Your finding is interesting. It behaves the same for me in Edge Chromium (no addons enabled other than Bitwarden) and a clean install of Firefox, as well as a clean install of Chrome. To add, I have tried from another PC as well as a cell phone on the local network, all behave the same, so it's not local to browser cache or a single PC. I see the behavior in the latest beta from you (beta2 and compiled beta3) on RT-AX88U, from official 386 beta on an GT-AX11000, as well as your older 384.19 on an RT-AX88U.

I also want to clarify I am explaining the issue clearly. I am not saying the entries within the drop down are duplicated. What I am saying is that the entire drop down box itself is duplicated when you click to roll it back up. Notice below I have two boxes in each screenshot.

Screenshots of duplicated entries for all browsers below:

Edge Chromium
1608776106755.png

FireFox
1608776203237.png

Chrome
1608776336416.png

Last edited:
@RMerlin @ASUSWRT_2020 in Beta 2, If I have Adaptive QoS/AiProtection enabled and I have a repeater, then I connect and disconnect the cell phone from the repeater and then Reboot the main router (Beta 2), the Internet doesn't work from my cell phone and does not let me enter the router or repeater and does not give me DHCP and to FIX I have to disable Adaptive QoS/AiProtection and Withdraw Trend Micro in Privacy section to be able to connect to the router or repeater from my cell phone and that problem will never happen to me again.

This is the error that shows me in General Log:
Code:
Dec 24 10:12:58 kernel: 192.168.1.193 already exist in UDB, can't add it

P.D. Factory Reset, Configured the router from scratch (without using backup) and I don't use AiMesh.
What router are you using? What repeater are you using? Are you trying to connect via a guest WIFI? Are you using a VPN service (Client)?

BTW using a repeater is not a good idea.

So, interesting times. 384.19 to 386 beta. AX88U, with two Aimesh RT-5300's. Started with the Aimesh nodes, one in my bedroom upgraded fine. Can't speak for the wireless connectivity but anything wired and all the lights on the 5300 were going. On the AX88U, still on 384.19, it saw the 5300 running 386.1 beta. Great so far. Proceed to the second 5300 in my sons room. Begin to flash it and walk to the room to keep him occupied. He has a seizure, and we're all in there with him, what seems like an eternity later, I notice no lights - other than PWR are on. Look on the AX88U, doesn't see it either. So I proceed to upgrade the AX88U, dirty. To my delight, it goes flawlessly. Second RT-5300 still does no come up. PWR off/on, nothing. Reset, nothing. Factory Reset, holding down WPS button. Still nothing.

RT-5300 in not connected to anything, even if it was LAN or WAN never come on
After multiple attempts at a factory reset in a loop.

Looks like a continual reboot, nothing connected to it
PWR on, solid for about a minute
PWR, off, what seems like a few seconds
PWR on, flashing on/off
PWR off
LAN on, for a second, then off
PWR solid on
rinse and repeat
Any ideas on how to proceed with it?

The other 5300 and the AX88U, with Skynet, scmerlin, common, swap file all working great.
For the second 5ghz on the 5300, in order to use both (wired uplink for Aimesh). Do I give it the same SSID as on 5ghz-1 or do I setup a Smart Conect rule, or under management of the Aimesh node do I enable Bonding/Link aggregation?

So, interesting times. 384.19 to 386 beta. AX88U, with two Aimesh RT-5300's. Started with the Aimesh nodes, one in my bedroom upgraded fine. Can't speak for the wireless connectivity but anything wired and all the lights on the 5300 were going. On the AX88U, still on 384.19, it saw the 5300 running 386.1 beta. Great so far. Proceed to the second 5300 in my sons room. Begin to flash it and walk to the room to keep him occupied. He has a seizure, and we're all in there with him, what seems like an eternity later, I notice no lights - other than PWR are on. Look on the AX88U, doesn't see it either. So I proceed to upgrade the AX88U, dirty. To my delight, it goes flawlessly. Second RT-5300 still does no come up. PWR off/on, nothing. Reset, nothing. Factory Reset, holding down WPS button. Still nothing.

RT-5300 in not connected to anything, even if it was LAN or WAN never come on
After multiple attempts at a factory reset in a loop.

Looks like a continual reboot, nothing connected to it
PWR on, solid for about a minute
PWR, off, what seems like a few seconds
PWR on, flashing on/off
PWR off
LAN on, for a second, then off
PWR solid on
rinse and repeat
Any ideas on how to proceed with it?

The other 5300 and the AX88U, with Skynet, scmerlin, common, swap file all working great.
For the second 5ghz on the 5300, in order to use both (wired uplink for Aimesh). Do I give it the same SSID as on 5ghz-1 or do I setup a Smart Conect rule, or under management of the Aimesh node do I enable Bonding/Link aggregation?

Rescue mode to the rescue, back in operation, took the opportunity to track down and name all devices, going to test binding them to the approriate node next.

Going to try taking advantage of the second 5ghz radio on the 5300's next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!