What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here on AX3000, router restarts on upgrade and nothing happens.
No AiMesh, basic config with AiProtection and Diversion.

For anyone else running into this (AX58U/AX3000 restart without update on "Please wait, Applying Settings...") , disabling AiProtection resolved the issue, successfully updated using Chrome on iOS.

Pretty cool that we get to use 386 Merlin even before 386 is officially released https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AX3000/HelpDesk_BIOS/ , thanks @RMerlin! :)

Is it possible for Merlin to add the features of PPPOE uptime?

You could release for the models you do have. Might help speed up any issues that may need addressing.

I was swamped with work last week, so I did zero development since beta 2 beside the GPL merge of last Saturday. Pointless to issue a new beta at this time as I haven't investigated any of the currently logged issues.

Dear RMerlin,
after a dirty update from 384.19 to beta 2 I was not able to access via ssh to the router anymore. After the factory default reset, it was possible, but I had problems with my x3mrouting script. So I wanted to downgrade to 384.19 . Downgrade successful, but the restoring of my saved configuration didn´t work.

So back to beta 2 and made a new configuration. I had the following problems:

1. SSH access is working, access via winscp isn´t working anymore after default reset. Neither on beta 2 nor after downgrading
2. I had three different VPN providers. Only one is working. If you establish a vpn connection with cyberghost and/or windscribe, the complete internet traffic is blocked and no traffic is possible (VPN Client 3 and 5 tested). If you turn off VPN, the connection is still not possibe, you have to reboot the router. Ping command stops during activation of the vpnclient. Syslog in the attachment (VPN 1 and 4 are working without problems, but if you manually turn on Cyberghost and connection is established, all internet traffic is blocked)
3. I got a failure with the DNSMASQ - because of a lock file.
ls -al | grep lock
-rws--x--- 1 su root 0 May 5 2018 ebtables.lock
What is that ?

Do you have any ideas, to solve my problems ? I would appreciate your support.

Thanks a lot.

Hugo
Dear RMerlin,
thanks a lot for all the work you are doing. I appreciate it very much.

in addition to my last post : Overnight the internet connection was completely lost for my clients. I was not able to ping google.com via the cmd terminal of my clients. Via ssh it on my router was still working. I am assuming, that because of the regular short connection termination overnight of my ISP, there have been problems with restablishing all the connections. The VPN connections 1 and 4 were restablished (which was working at the beginning without problems) , but as I said, I was not able to access any page from my clients.
Interestingly via ssh on my router I was able to ping google.com, so it seems to me, that the general internet connection was working....

I made a dirty downgrade from beta 2 to 384.19 . After that, the connection with cyberghost on OVPN3 and OVPN5 were ongoing without any problems. I can establish the connection without any influence of the other connection at all. Maybe my Syslog can help you a little bit.
Please let me know, if I can perform any tests for you.
Thanks a lot for your support.

Hugo

With beta2 HW accelerator Runner is gone:
ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - System Information
HW accelerationRunner: - Flow Cache: Enabled

There has been some discussion about changed behavior (different IP addresses, IP Isolation) for guest network 1.

I never checked this before, but I noticed that guest network 3 (with intranet access disabled) on my AC86U also has IP Isolation enabled:

Code:
wl0.1_ap_isolate=1
wl0.2_ap_isolate=0
wl0.3_ap_isolate=1

Is this new in 386 / Beta 2, or was it always like that?

With beta2 HW accelerator Runner is gone:
ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - System Information
HW accelerationRunner: - Flow Cache: Enabled
I have the same problem in the beta with an RT-AC86U., I'm having the same problem in beta with a RT-AC86U HW acceleration off.

Did you perform any vpnmanager to manage nordpvn?, You made some vpnmanager to manage nordpvn?

Did you perform any vpnmanager to manage nordpvn?, You made some vpnmanager to manage nordpvn?

What do you mean by vpnmanager? I use a vpn, yes. But not nordvpn. VPN should have nothing to do with it, as it still works fine.
And the speed is the same as on older merlinwrt firmwares. I can use my whole 1000/1000mbit bandwith, so hardware acceleration is still there. Seems just like something in the gui which is not correct.

Hi it is my first post, i have recently purchased an AX86U to replace my old AC68U , and i build an aimesh network, but ia have a lot of issue with my AX86u stock firmware ( ex : system date, NTP, parental control , ...) i have reflash 2 times the firmware , allways the same issue , and i have also a red wan led but i have internet , lol
so i would like to know when the 386 for ax86u will be released :)
Sorry for my english

Let's Encrypt still failing to authorize a new certificate or update one

Looking to this post its due to Let's Encrypts recent changes. There CA changed.

Will this be fixed soon in an upcomeing update?
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...h-full-functions-aimesh-2-0.65235/post-643852

Let's Encrypt still failing to authorize a new certificate or update one

Looking to this post its due to Let's Encrypts recent changes. There CA changed.

Will this be fixed soon in an upcomeing update?

have this same problem too! I put the beta just to report as many bugs etc as I can to help you with the development! I love computer networks and everything connected to that and I feel responsible for collaborating with you on mistakes!

With IPv6 Passthrough enabled I am getting a lot of

kernel: protocol 0000 is buggy, dev archer

log entries . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!