What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 Beta (stage 2) is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin the setting Asus added for turning off the nodes leds, is not working on your firmware after reboot. The switch is off but the leds are on. Have to toggle on and off after reboot.

Everything related to AiMesh is outside of my control.

Hi all

I'm getting problems with disconnects on AX connected devices now. Only started yesterday after running beta 3 on my AX86U but been fine for over a week. Rebooted AX86U and end device/s [ Windows Laptop and Windows gaming PC ]

Kept disconnecting and impacting work and my MS Team calls so quickly upgraded to Beta 4 [ dirty install ] and still happening, now using my old AC68U until I finish work

I did quickly look in the logs earlier and see loads of RUNT packets and issues from a certain MAC address but not sure what that was yet

What is the recommended approach now? Factory reset and clean AX86U and start again ?

Thanks

Having the exact same issue on my AX88U. Speed is greatly decreased on devices connected to wifi or with cable.

Beta3:
View attachment 29260

Beta4:
View attachment 29261

This is now happening with me as well. I had the cable company come and verify my connection speeds (480D/24U actual, 400D/20U advertised) and verify that hard wired my speeds at the router are 250ish down.

@RMerlin the setting Asus added for turning off the nodes leds, is not working on your firmware after reboot. The switch is off but the leds are on. Have to toggle on and off after reboot.
I noticed this also when testing with AC86U as Mesh Node.

Router rebooted again. Going to nuclear reset and run with no addons from amtm.

No idea what's going on.

Edit: Beta 4 on RT-AX86U.

Hope it's not the case, but many resets can mean the radios are dying. You could really turn up the logging (e.g., nvram set log_level=8 commit; service restart_logger; or set logging ti "All" in the UI).

That's about all the logging you can get to see what's going on.

Hi all

I'm getting problems with disconnects on AX connected devices now. Only started yesterday after running beta 3 on my AX86U but been fine for over a week. Rebooted AX86U and end device/s [ Windows Laptop and Windows gaming PC ]

Kept disconnecting and impacting work and my MS Team calls so quickly upgraded to Beta 4 [ dirty install ] and still happening, now using my old AC68U until I finish work

I did quickly look in the logs earlier and see loads of RUNT packets and issues from a certain MAC address but not sure what that was yet

What is the recommended approach now? Factory reset and clean AX86U and start again ?

Thanks

Two AX86U on beta4B and all OK. I did factory reset and enter all data by hand again and not use any backup files of JFFS or settings. I used the WPS and Power Button method to reset after flashing.

Only one issue remaining and that is the GUI web page layout of DHCP/Wake On LAN/Wireless MAC pages where custom icons are used. The layouts sometimes display fine and othe times the drop down menu shows all the devices as text and enlarges and messes up the formatting of the device icons on the page.

Other than the icon issue, its working well - no random reboots or dropped wireless or slow SMB speeds. Not using VPN at the moment - turned that off so can't comment on that as last used in earlier version not Beta4B.

This is now happening with me as well. I had the cable company come and verify my connection speeds (480D/24U actual, 400D/20U advertised) and verify that hard wired my speeds at the router are 250ish down.

Upgrade from Beta 4 to Beta4B and try again (If your on an AX88U)

What is the recommended way of updating AiMesh nodes for the Merlin firmware?

Do I log into the main AiMesh router and update the node?
Firmware update from the main node through the firmware upgrade section. I always update the note first.

Did have that problem with beta4 on AX88U, but after upgrading to beta4B I have had no issues; wired and wifi-speed as good as it gets, and no dropped AX or AC-connections so far.

Did have that problem with beta4 on AX88U, but after upgrading to beta4B I have had no issues; wired and wifi-speed as good as it gets, and no dropped AX or AC-connections so far.

This is with beta4b. I'm thinking after various iterations of flashes I might just take the time this evening to do a full reset.

Hello everybody.
I tested 386.1b4b on my RT-AC86U.

Nothing relevant Vs 386.1b4 "standard".

CPU Temp slightly lower due to the adjusted setting, but still too high (84c).

I have some issues with IPv6 too but I need further testing.
Thanks

Hello,
Still on 384.18 here, on AC86U. I use AIProtection with Time Scheduling. Watching Netflix on the native app of an Android TV, the stream would get interrupted at the defined hour (or a couple of minutes later, no big deal). So, works fine here for me.
It's strange. I've tested the Beta4 version on my AX-86U, with several client devices (PCs, android smartphones, etc). The same thing happens to me in all of them: the web browser is blocked if I try to access any web page, but spotify, windows 10 updates, netflix ... They all have internet access without problems. I can block access if, instead of using time restrictions, I select the "Block" option for every device. I think it could be a bug in the firmware version for the AX-86U.

@RMerlin

I'm currently on 386.1 Beta 4 on RT-AC88U. ipset functionality is working properly. However, just wanted you to be aware of the following warning message about the kernal support protocol.

ipset -v
Code:
ipset v7.6, protocol version: 7
Warning: Kernel support protocol versions 6-6 while userspace supports protocol versions 6-7

Thank you.

Rut roh!

AX88u B4B, was going to run some Bandwidth Tests when all of a sudden noticed a huge drop off, see attached. spdMerlin graphs and releveant log between the last known good and the first bad result.

Testing across different Speedtest servers, similar results. Based on prior testing I shared, I had accepted the TrendMicro privacy agreement, but had not enabled any of the features that depended on it. In doing so I got the same results with it on or off. As long as I didn't enable a TrendMicro feature all was good, enable one and you get a drop. Enable several and the drop stayed consistent. What's troubling is that this drop off started on its own, haven't touched the router since I resolved the 20Mhz bandwidth issue on 5Ghz-2 on the AC5300 B4 nodes late yesterday.

So, I did withdraw from the TrendMicro Privacy agreement and my Speedtest numbers went right back up to where they were, matching what B3 was giving me.

386.1 B3 - spdMerlin 4.1.1
Trend Micro Privacy withdrawn
~910 Down/~600 Up

386.1 B3 - spdMerlin 4.1.1
AIProtection Enabled, TrendMicro Privacy Accepted, AiProtection Disabled
Same ~910 Down/~600 Up

Really curious what kicked this off, and why. Kicking myself now for not getting a list of running processes before/after with scMerlin
Going to try an recreate it by doing what I did before, AIProtection Enabled, TrendMicro Privacy Accepted, AiProtection Disabled

Attachments

• Rut roh AX88U B4B.pdf
    334.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Rut roh AX88 B4B.jpg
    Rut roh AX88 B4B.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I've now rebuilt my AX86u with a nuclear reset and installed beta 4. Currently the video streaming has been fixed which surprised me no end and also both AX Windows 10 clients haven't dropped

Its not running anything other than 2 SSID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!