What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2 on AC-88U smoothly.
Thanks for the firmware!!

It seems that the Scheduled check for new firmware availability is broken.

I did a clean update after updating from 384.19 to 386.1 (restore factory and set manually), and then I turned the Scheduled check for new firmware availability. Now I have a reminder to update to 386.1_2, so I think even if I turn off automatic check for updates, it will not work.

photo.png

====================================

It seems that the local OUI database is not working well. I updated from 386.1 to 386.1_2 on an AC86U without Internet (Dirty upgrade). Online devices can display the manufacturer, but other devices are loading.
Use https to access webui, on the static DHCP page:

photo.png

Last edited:
Elsewhere in this thread it was mentioned that there are problems with usb 3.0 mode. I've noticed that also with 386.1 and this problem remains in 386.1_2. Before 386 I never had a problem with usb 3.0 mode
Allthough the usb 3.0 drive seems to be working, it has entware and skynet on it which are still working, the web gui reports it as completely full. But only 10% is in use. Also it can not be accessed as an smb drive. After a health scan the usb drive is marked as faulty. Rebooting or changing mode usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 fixes this issue (temporarily?) as previously mentioned somewhere in this thread.

The usb 3.0 drive was formatted with the amtm tool as ext4. Could this be the problem as this is not an option with the formatting options in the web gui?

RT-AC68U, 386.1_2
NVRAM usage: 64378 / 65536 bytes
Is that how it should be?

JFFS: 4.57 / 62.75 MB
Uptime: 40 min

updated RT-AC86U from v384.19 to 386.1_2

some noticeable improvements that i like, but constant log spam as usual + A LOT of these messages:

nf_conntrack: expectation table full
(lots of these, every minute or so, non-stop)

net_ratelimit: 41 callbacks suppressed
(seems to occur after rebooting via web UI)

acsd adjusted channel spec
(i don't need to know everytime the channel changes!)

wlceventd_proc_event
(just insane)

... on and on, ad nauseam

i use a remote log server (Syslog Watcher on port 514) to receive log messages from several devices on our network, including the AC86U, so this ridiculous level of log spam is unacceptable. yeah i can create filters to hide some of the router spam (which i've done), but i shouldn't have to do this. debug logging should be disabled by default on the 86U, period.

i'd hoped to finally put my RT-AC86U into service (in router mode instead of an AP) after waiting so long for a solid-stable, reliable firmware revision, but it wasn't to be. i'm disappointed and fed up with Asus' flakey firmware, tbh. i don't know what all the 'nf_conntrack: expectation table full' messages mean, but there's a steady stream of them.

and before anyone asks, YES, I did hard-reset the router to factory defaults (several times) after updating it from Asuswrt-Merlin v384.19 to v386.1_2 and reconfiguring all settings by hand (no scripts or third-party software installed). i had been using the 86U as an access point with Merlin v384 before updating it to v386, but i really should've known better with this router. just no good, no joke.

so we're back to the 1900P running an outdated version Merlin (380.70), because i have no confidence in the AC86U at this point, if ever. at least our 1900P is reliable and doesn't spam me to death with utterly useless debugging info. how difficult can it be for Asus to simply turn OFF debug logging??

updated RT-AC86U from v384.19 to 386.1_2

some noticeable improvements that i like, but constant log spam as usual + A LOT of these messages:

nf_conntrack: expectation table full
(lots of these, every minute or so, non-stop)

net_ratelimit: 41 callbacks suppressed
(seems to occur after rebooting via web UI)

acsd adjusted channel spec
(i don't need to know everytime the channel changes!)

wlceventd_proc_event
(just insane)

... on and on, ad nauseam

i use a remote log server (Syslog Watcher on port 514) to receive log messages from several devices on our network, including the AC86U, so this ridiculous level of log spam is unacceptable. yeah i can create filters to hide some of the router spam (which i've done), but i shouldn't have to do this. debug logging should be disabled by default on the 86U, period.

i'd hoped to finally put my RT-AC86U into service (in router mode instead of an AP) after waiting so long for a solid-stable, reliable firmware revision, but it wasn't to be. i'm disappointed and fed up with Asus' flakey firmware, tbh. i don't know what all the 'nf_conntrack: expectation table full' messages mean, but there's a steady stream of them.

and before anyone asks, YES, I did hard-reset the router to factory defaults (several times) after updating it from Asuswrt-Merlin v384.19 to v386.1_2 and reconfiguring all settings by hand (no scripts or third-party software installed). i had been using the 86U as an access point with Merlin v384 before updating it to v386, but i really should've known better with this router. just no good, no joke.

so we're back to the 1900P running an outdated version Merlin (380.70), because i have no confidence in the AC86U at this point, if ever. at least our 1900P is reliable and doesn't spam me to death with utterly useless debugging info. how difficult can it be for Asus to simply turn OFF debug logging??
You do know that there IS a log setting in the Merlin version for you to change what you see in the log. Click the dropdown where apparently it now says Debug and CHANGE it to Notice and you wont see hardly anything at all in the log...

You do know that there IS a log setting in the Merlin version for you to change what you see in the log. Click the dropdown where apparently it now says Debug and CHANGE it to Notice and you wont see hardly anything at all in the log...
doesn't work

Not a known issue. If that didn't work for you, you've got other issues.
omg, just search this forum. even Merlin mentioned something about Asus leaving debug logging enabled for whatever reason, i don't remember exactly. in any case, the router log settings have no effect on the steady stream of debug messages.

omg, just search this forum. even Merlin mentioned something about Asus leaving debug logging enabled for whatever reason, i don't remember exactly. in any case, the router log settings have no effect on the steady stream of debug messages.
Yes they did leave debugging on which is why YOU CAN TURN IT OFF either by SSH or the drop down in Merlin fw. If that setting isn't working for you, then something else is wrong. The setting works along with the ability to SSH and disable it.

We may be saying the same thing - I'm saying the messages may still be there, but the setting Hides them in the GUI. Your remote log server may still be seeing them though and that sounds like the issue

Last edited:
Yes they did leave debugging on which is why YOU CAN TURN IT OFF either by SSH or the drop down in Merlin fw. If that setting isn't working for you, then something else is wrong. The setting works along with the ability to SSH and disable it.
you're wrong, and we're done. ignored.

I have Flashed Merlin 386.1_2 on AC5300, but now the router is bricked.

I enetered Recovery mode, Hold reset button while powering on, then used ASUS Firmware Restoration, for some odd reason when the utility reaches 92% of restoration the transfer stop and cancelled.

here is a picture,
I tried multiple times with diffrent version of firmware, i also used diffrent PCs and laptops... i also pluged in difrent Ethernet cables. but no luck
Anyone care to help me...
Thank you

sER5EF9.png

RT-AC68U:
- router homepage (index.asp) would randomly lock up/unresponsive after login, have to kill the tab and try again.
- this was during ~1 day uptime dirty upgrade, then ~2 days fact. reset. till now.
this seems resolved with 386.1_2. fingers crossed

How can I activate language selection on chinese RT-AC86U. Now I have only English and Chinese language selection.
On one of old firmware from koolshare I can choose from 19 languages. On all latest and on official firmwares only 2 languages.
1613306919925.png

Getting ready to upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2 on a two router AiMesh system. Is there a preferred order to apply the upgrades? i.e. should I do the main router first and the the node? Or should I do the node first and the the main router?

Also, should I wait a certain amount of time after doing one upgrade before upgrading the second router?

Getting ready to upgrade from 386.1 to 386.1_2 on a two router AiMesh system. Is there a preferred order to apply the upgrades? i.e. should I do the main router first and the the node? Or should I do the node first and the the main router?

Also, should I wait a certain amount of time after doing one upgrade before upgrading the second router?
Node then router. Just do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!