What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.3 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recommend when enableing ipv6 also enable ipv6 firewall under settings and also should i enable drop ipv6 neighbour solicitation broadcasts?

Generally i have my isp modem in singel user mode(bridged) when i what to do a restart manually shoudl i first "start" the asus router and let i settle till all is booted up and the enabled the isp modem or the other way?

Last edited:
386.3_2 is now available.

Code:
  - NOTE: closed down the Issue tracker on Github, as 90%
          of it was people asking for technical support,
          or failing to use the supplied submission form.
  - CHANGED: Re-disabled jitterentropy-rngd on non-HND
             models.  It kept using CPU time every two
             seconds and had a very marginal impact on
             the entropy pool (which it never could push
             above the target threshold of 1024).
  - CHANGED: Moved the "Redirect Internet traffic" setting on
             the OpenVPN Client page to the Network Settings
             section to increase its visibility, as too many
             users are forgetting to configure it.
  - CHANGED: Display "Internet traffic not redirected" instead
             of "Public IP Unknown" on the OpenVPN Client
             status display when Redirect Internet traffic
             is set to "No".
  - FIXED: Only the first OpenVPN client would be used if
           you had multiple clients connected and the first
           one had a Redirect Internet set to "No".  Now,
           setting this to "No" means that client's routing
           table will no longer get a default gateway
           configured, allowing traffic to be processed
           by other RPDB tables if there wasn't a matching
           route within that client's table.
  - FIXED: IPV6-compatible DNSFilter servers weren't
           properly configured in dnsmasq.
  - FIXED: DNSFilter client rules may get corrupted after a
           reboot.
@RMerlin

I see you had to make changes for dns filter in regards for ipv6 handling. How does dnsfilter manage ipv6?

Hi!
I'm facing strange behavior after upgrading from 386.3_0 to 386.3_2 on AC86U - after successful upgrade router showing old version and seems that it fact is still old version - no fixes described in changelog
(done twice with the same results, looks like trying to upgrade al the time the same 386.3_0 older version - of course SHA256 of new 386.3_2 checked and it is ok).
1628331200737.png

@RMerlin thanks in advance for your support!

Hi!
I'm facing strange behavior after upgrading from 386.3_0 to 386.3_2 on AC86U - after successful upgrade router showing old version and seems that it fact is still old version - no fixes described in changelog
(done twice with the same results, looks like trying to upgrade al the time the same 386.3_0 older version - of course SHA256 of new 386.3_2 checked and it is ok).
View attachment 35526
@RMerlin thanks in advance for your support!
Try powering off router , remove any hard drives., power back on router, wait for cpu to calm down. Then attempt a reflash.

Thanks for quick response!

Unfortunately still the same results...
Cleared browser cache?

@RMerlin with reference to the one pc disconnecting, turns out windows updated the ethernet driver on it. I've reverted the driver and turned off all the power save features and now all good. Will install the new update tonight. Thanks

Sure ;)

message from syslog (after every upgrade):

Aug 7 12:37:16 xxxxxxx watchdog: New firmware version 386.3_2 is available.
Have you tried downloading the firmware again incase it's corrupted?

Have you tried downloading the firmware again incase it's corrupted?
Not sure what you mean - below 386.3_0?
From my point of view looks like 386.3_0 and 386.3_2 are in fact the same FW...

I'm not sure if downgrading below 386.3_0 (dirty flash) is a good idea - because of to many diffs?

@RMerlin - will be great if you can check that 386.3_2 for AC86U is ok from your side

or maybe someone who have the same model can confirm that after upgrade 386.3_2 is visible?

Thanks!

ahh my mistake, but I've mentioned earlier that SHA256 was checked so file corruption is impossible ;)
and of course I was downloading and comparing FW from all sources - all are the same :)
I just upgraded my AC86U from 386.3 to 386.3_2. I usually upgrade from my iPad and the first time I tried it, it still showed 386.3, so I rebooted. I tried again and when I went to upload the .w file, I finally noticed that the Files app had remembered the folder for 386.3 (from the last time I upgraded from the iPad) which was technically in the .Trash folder, but without paying attention, I had assumed it was the current 386.3_2 extracted folder in Downloads.

Moral of the story: Just make sure the file you’re choosing to upload is from the correct folder.

I have tried all recommendations to no avail. I am unable to update to 386.3_2 but 386.3 is running fine so I will just pass on the update for now. :)

Problem is solved.

Looks like I'm not the only with similar topic but in my case the only way to upgrade FW was Factory Reset and on clean config do the upgrade.

So... @RMerlin sorry for bothering you, your work as always is awesome! :)

Problem is solved.

Looks like I'm not the only with similar topic but in my case the only way to upgrade FW was Factory Reset and on clean config do the upgrade.

So... @RMerlin sorry for bothering you, your work as always is awesome! :)
Yea….. not happening right now. :) Glad you got it resolved, I will just stay with 386.3 until a later time.

I also had problems applying _2. It took me 4 tries before being ok

View attachment 35532
@RMerlin - will be great if you can check that 386.3_2 for AC86U is ok from your side

or maybe someone who have the same model can confirm that after upgrade 386.3_2 is visible?

Thanks!

386.3_2 failed on my first try (86U), but worked fine on the second after I'd unmounted my USB drive to free up memory.

Successfully updated two AC86Us on the first try. As other's have said, its good to unmount USB drives connected to the router before attempting a reboot, and it can also be helpful to reboot the router before unmounting the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!