What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Is that the case for 386.46061 which was released yesterday?
My friend's AX86U upgraded from 386.45934 to 386.46061 without factory reset. And I asked him to send me .log. The issues of timestamps still exists.
By the way, the official firmware also has the problem that the Aimesh node icon of the Aimesh interface does not display.
aaa.png

Last edited:
I'm experiencing a strange issue with an AX88U as every 2 days aprox, the core 4 reach 100% and get there. After some time few cameras cannot establish the wifi connection and the connection start being slower.
In the log there is just connect and disconnect STA records, but in top the process dnsmasq is getting so much cpu, so probably this is the reason of the continous 100% usage of core 4.

A reboot fix this, but I did it 2 days ago and today happened the same...

Any suggestion?

View attachment 38529
View attachment 38528
Do you have DNSSEC enabled? There is a nasty bug in dnsmasq 2.86.

I'm experiencing a strange issue with an AX88U as every 2 days aprox, the core 4 reach 100% and get there. After some time few cameras cannot establish the wifi connection and the connection start being slower.
In the log there is just connect and disconnect STA records, but in top the process dnsmasq is getting so much cpu, so probably this is the reason of the continous 100% usage of core 4.

A reboot fix this, but I did it 2 days ago and today happened the same...

Any suggestion?

View attachment 38529
View attachment 38528
I had this problem too, but my problem is probably caused by a third party plugin using dnsmasq. I originally thought it was caused by 386.4 using haveged instead of jitterentropy-rngd, but I'm not so sure now. It works perfectly on 386.3_2, 386.4 had this 100% CPU usage problem.

I couldn't figure out the cause so I switched back to 386.3_2.

My friend's AX86U upgraded from 386.45934 to 386.46061 without factory reset. And I asked him to send me .log. The issues of timestamps still exists.
Thanks for the info. I am more concerned with the fact that the previous syslog file is lost each time the router is rebooted. It makes debugging problems more difficult.

Thanks for the info. I am more concerned with the fact that the previous syslog file is lost each time the router is rebooted. It makes debugging problems more difficult.
I can confirm that in the official firmware 386.45934, rebooting the router will cause the syslog to be lost. I didn't test 386.46061.
If you want to see the syslog before shutdown or reboot, you can click "apply".

Last edited:
Small information, on my AX88U since almost 3 days everything works perfectly well (smartphones in Wifi 5 Ghz, laptop in Wifi 5 Ghz, printer in Wifi 2 Ghz, fixed PC in ethernet...)
No problem of disconnection or other, no problem of abusive cpu consumption either... I don't use a addon, script... This version 386.4 is for me the best, it is very stable.
Thanks again for your quality work :cool:
Sans titre.png

Last edited:
Perhaps there should be a general recommendation to disable DNSSEC in 386.4,
Only if it helps. It’s a shot in the dark at this point. No one has confirmed yet that Simon’s latest commits fixed the issues.

I am kinda surprised that reverting to 2.85 is only coming in 386.5 and not a 386.4_2, at least as of today. :)

Only if it helps. It’s a shot in the dark at this point. No one has confirmed yet that Simon’s latest commits fixed the issues.

I am kinda surprised that reverting to 2.85 is only coming in 386.5 and not a 386.4_2, at least as of today. :)
I think it even gets worse....on my OpenWRT build, getdns 1.7 (part of stubby DoT) isn't playing nice with dnsmasq 2.85. I had to roll that back as well. (@RMerlin....FYI)

I think it even gets worse....on my OpenWRT build, getdns 1.7 (part of stubby DoT) isn't playing nice with dnsmasq 2.85. I had to roll that back as well. (@RMerlin....FYI)
are these issues that would impact the average home user, or is it only seen in specific cases with certain scenarios like most dnsmasq bugs turn out to be?

I had this problem too, but my problem is probably caused by a third party plugin using dnsmasq. I originally thought it was caused by 386.4 using haveged instead of jitterentropy-rngd, but I'm not so sure now. It works perfectly on 386.3_2, 386.4 had this 100% CPU usage problem.

I couldn't figure out the cause so I switched back to 386.3_2.
Yea I haven't seen any actual issues with Haveged yet. I have however seen issues between Unbound and DNSmasq, and Stubby and DNSmasq.

I think we’re seeing more DNSSEC bugs from bad domains that expose these latent bugs, therefore they seem to impact many DNSSEC validators. Getdns pushed a fix just this week, as well.

Hi Guys,

I flashed this firmware, did factory reset too but i noticed and kids reported that 5Ghz WIFI randomly disconnects.
Attached are my WIFI settings

Hope you can help.

2022-01-12_19-12-47.png
2022-01-12_19-13-24.png
2022-01-12_19-13-03.png
2022-01-12_19-13-37.png

Please disregards,... son changed this to AiMesh system with different router. He will do factory reset on all and start fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!