What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.5 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the same error when attempting to upgrade two of my RT-AC5300 routers to 386.5 beta1 from 386.4 which they've been running solid on for 48+ days.

Downloaded the beta twice just in case something happened with the first file, but same error. Also rebooted both and tried again with no luck
Have you tried to upgrade by cable? If not that will most likely help you out

There is a minor UI bug in 386.4 (and probably before). Can someone check whether it's still present in this release?

USB Application - FTP Share : Toggling the "Enable WAN access" switch shows the "Applying Settings" message and updates the firewall. However, it does not restart the ftpd service and therefore does not update /etc/vsftpd.conf which is necessary to add or remove the PASV port range. Manually clicking the Apply button does successfully write these changes (obviously rebooting would have the same effect).

My guess is that this line:
Code:
    document.form.action_script.value = "restart_firewall";
should be changed to this:
Code:
    document.form.action_script.value = "restart_ftpd";

Last edited:
Does the option to initialize JFFS partition do a format & bad block detection in the traditional sense? (detect and map around it) like a 'real' file system and storage controller does? Would doing this help (avoid them), if there are actual issues?
I don`t know if the controller can do on-the-fly mapping, or if they are only mapped in factory.

Dirty upgrade from 386.4 to 386.5 B1 on all devices. Everything is rock solid 24 hours in. @RMerlin thanks for the fix to the DFS status on 5 GHz-2:) I didn't update my AC86Us, because it was reported here that the wireless drivers for that device have not been updated and the issue I was having with the AC86U node would likely still be present. I might give it a shot this weekend!

Getting the same error when attempting to upgrade two of my RT-AC5300 routers to 386.5 beta1 from 386.4 which they've been running solid on for 48+ days.

Downloaded the beta twice just in case something happened with the first file, but same error. Also rebooted both and tried again with no luck
I was having problems with my ac68u and the last couple firmware’s , I had to factory reset the router and then it would take the newer file.

I was having problems with my ac68u and the last couple firmware’s , I had to factory reset the router and then it would take the newer file.
This is the first time I've ever received an error like this before. If it comes down to it I'll have to wait until I'm near the routers in person before I can upgrade them. May try again or wait until the next beta/final and see what that does.

Anybody experiencing the known disconnection issues (especially affecting the AC86U hard, it seems) that have tested this. Did it solve your problem?
I was having issues on the AX11000 and this by itself did not resolve my problems. I then performed a factory reset, which did. After this, I incrementally turned options on to see if I could recreate the problem. I ran into the connection problems when WMM-No Acknowledgement was activated, which went away again when disabled.

I haven't experienced this issue, but I can confirm that the wireless driver for the RT-AC86U has not changed from 386.4 to any of the 386.5 versions.
Where do you find info on what "wireless driver" version is included in which firmware version?

Where do you find info on what "wireless driver" version is included in which firmware version?

On the AC86U, it is in Tools->sysinfo. About a quarter way down the page

No issues on the 5300 and ac68u here

As @Jeffrey Young mentioned, I simply took a screenshot of that page while still running 386.4 and compared it to the post-upgrade version of the page on 386.5 (Alpha or Beta, no difference as well).

Any way to show the wireless driver version in the official firmware? No "Tools" tab there.

Wireless driver version means very little. The driver rarely gets updated, and the version won't reflect changes to the calibration tables, patches applied to the code, or changes to the initialization/configuration code.

I don`t know if the controller can do on-the-fly mapping, or if they are only mapped in factory.
I ran into some bad NAND blocks a release or two back on a AC86U. I never found any formatting around them and I believe they were the root of several of my issues. That's when I stopped using /JFFS as for AMTM temp areas. I cannot remember if that was the AC86U which eventually "fried" itself. :(

Release - Asuswrt-Merlin 384.19 is now available | Page 24 | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!