What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fine on GT-AX6000...flashed and then factory default reset. Working well.

That would suggest that DDNS isn't enabled. Check with nvram get ddns_enable_x over SSH. Or look for errors in the browser console using the F12 key.
It does work as I can connect to my cameras & I see no errors.

My RT-AX88U shows "Go" as described but only when set to DNS-O-Matic as the provider. The "Go" button then links to the DNS-O-Matic website. It shows the current ddns hostname when set to other providers (e.g.No-IP). Looks like might be intended behaviour unless the OP isn't using DNS-O-Matic.
It does work as I can connect to my cameras & I see no errors.
Do you use DNS-o-Matic?

Node disappeared tonight at 21:37 due to

Jun 13 21:37:17 rc_service: cfg_server 1448:notify_rc update_sta_binding

Then it spent several minutes connecting and disconnecting due to "station leaving"

Then

Jun 13 21:41:38 rc_service: cfg_server 9310:notify_rc update_sta_binding
Jun 13 21:41:40 roamast: eth2: sta-ap-band-bind deauth

I thought this had been fixed as it didn't happen on the two Alphas.

Going to try a reboot of system see if it goes away. Anyone explain?

Dirty upgrade from 386.5_2 worked great on an AX88U. No issues with any of my past settings including DNSSec using cloudfare, Yazfi, Diversion, Skynet. Running like a champ with a hard reboot after the flash.

Thank you for the update Merlin.

Reboot of system under AIMESH/System settings slightly broken. Counter gets 6% roughly then disappears and webpage becomes non responsive until reboot has been performed.

For an unknown reason, for the first time- IPv6 on AX88U is not gettitng V6.
Im configured for Native because that is how my ISP used to fetch it, and since upgrade to this FW not getting any IPv6.

Edit: after a lot of time, changing IPv6 from Disable to Native and vice-versa- finally fetched.
Something to look into, I think

Hopefull for your check @RMerlin

Have the same IPV6 problem with same ISP.

After disable-enable switch routine, like 5-6-7 times, I managed to fetch IPv6.
Works.
I guess some kind of a bug in Merlin's Beta.
To be checked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-105927_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-105927_Chrome.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 107
After disable-enable switch routine, like 5-6-7 times, I managed to fetch IPv6.
Works.
I guess some kind of a bug in Merlin's Beta.
To be checked
Yes, but this is required after every boot
Or even after GUI change which restart the wan.

On 386.7 B1 since Saturday: My GT-AXE11000 locked up yesterday at 12:15pm, no WiFi or LAN capability the first symptom, Web Gui & SSH no response, lights on unit solid, not the usual blinking from WAN/WiFi. Had to power off/on the unit to recover. Looking at the Syslog, a kernel fatal error message, about an hour before the crash/halt.
1655205347234.png

On 386.7 B1 since Saturday: My GT-AXE11000 locked up yesterday at 12:15pm, no WiFi or LAN capability the first symptom, Web Gui & SSH no response, lights on unit solid, not the usual blinking from WAN/WiFi. Had to power off/on the unit to recover. Looking at the Syslog, a kernel fatal error message, about an hour before the crash/halt.
View attachment 41862
Are you running pixelserv- tls with diversion?

Reboot of system under AIMESH/System settings slightly broken. Counter gets 6% roughly then disappears and webpage becomes non responsive until reboot has been performed.
Thus is normal as router reboots.

Are you running pixelserv- tls with diversion?

What is your personal preference with regards to running pixelserv-tls?

This subject comes up and I'm wondering if it's not as effective or causes other undesired side effects in 2022.

I've used it for a long time but with so many other changes in the past year, I'm wondering if it is still recommended.

The last time I asked, the author said it was still relevant. ( I'm not trying to diminish his good work by asking. )

I was using the Standard block list but since early this year I switched to the Large list.

Also, what other scripts conflict with it, that you know of? EDIT: bad pairings?

Last edited:
What is your personal preference with regards to running pixelserv-tls?

This subject comes up and I'm wondering if it's not as effective or causes other undesired side effects in 2022.

I've used it for a long time but with so many other changes in the past year, I'm wondering if it is still recommended.

The last time I asked, the author said it was still relevant. ( I'm not trying to diminish his good work by asking. )

I was using the Standard block list but since early this year I switched to the Large list.

Also, what other scripts conflict with it, that you know of? EDIT: bad pairings?
Trendmicro and pixelserv tls don't play nice. That's all I know.

For an unknown reason, for the first time- IPv6 on AX88U is not gettitng V6.
Im configured for Native because that is how my ISP used to fetch it, and since upgrade to this FW not getting any IPv6.

Edit: after a lot of time, changing IPv6 from Disable to Native and vice-versa- finally fetched.
Something to look into, I think

Hopefull for your check @RMerlin
All works well on mu AX88, no IPV6 problems (using IPV6 (native) from KPN fiber - Holland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!