What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
think cake shouldn't be used over 350mbps due to processing overhead?
Nope, it does turn off all additional hardware acceleration though if that's what you mean, so speed tests don't look as nice but traffic is well managed and rarely has problems. If download and upload speed tests scare you then it's not for you. If performance and Que management is what you want, Cake is the Boss!

It depends I guess on whether you want a download to finish faster or whether you want the download to not interfere with any other traffic. In my case it was Microsoft Windows Updates. They would crush my network and force a video to freeze and exit. I turned on Cake and rebooted and tried again and boom problem solved. And with no configuration needed other than packet overhead and bandwidth values.

It seems to me that AiMesh is working correctly, but I am getting a message that it is not working. Rebooting routers didn't help. How to fix it?

1669750608198.png

Try to press optimazation.
Did not help.

If I turn on Wi-Fi first, then there is no error.
If I turn on Ethernet first, then an error appears on the screen.
If I enable "Ethernet blackhaul mode" (Ethernet only), then AiMesh works, but there is an error.

A Cisco switch is installed between the routers. I don't see any network errors.

Asus fixed the IPv6 firewall issue, so I'll have to apply the patch they sent me last night.

Did not help.

If I enable "Ethernet blackhaul mode" (Ethernet only), then AiMesh works, but there is an error.

A Cisco switch is installed between the routers. I don't see any network errors.
Been seeing the same, or similar issues with AX68U as a mesh node (look back in this thread for other examples). So far, there's not much that can be done as it's all closed source. I'm hoping the latest official release includes fixes due to the patch notes, and that those will be rolled in.

Did not help.

Only way I (and others) have fixed this is by using stock firmware on the mesh nodes. Had to turn DFS back on when I did this. Bonus is that based on bandwidth test results I’m getting better performance, at least it seams that way.

Read in another post somewhere that stock firmware enables 160Mhz bandwidth at the mesh nodes. But as I just applied the firmware want to make sure everything is 100% before wife and kids get home before checking…

At least for now, as mesh is closed source not much can be done do about it other that letting ASUS know…

Did not help.
Remove the switch and try again.

Asus fixed the IPv6 firewall issue, so I'll have to apply the patch they sent me last night.
See anything on a possible fix for the AXE16000 and guest networks not allowing clients to connect to the internet if the "allow intranet" option is set to "disabled" ?

See anything on a possible fix for the AXE16000 and guest networks not allowing clients to connect to the internet if the "allow intranet" option is set to "disabled" ?
I wouldn't know, I don't have access to Asus' development code.

It seems to me that AiMesh is working correctly, but I am getting a message that it is not working. Rebooting routers didn't help. How to fix it?

View attachment 45846
When I have the 388 Beta (1/2/3) code on my two AiMesh AX86U units behind a GT-AX6000, I get what your seeing on the panel but everything works without error. The other AiMesh units of a AX56U & AXE11000 no issues with the 388 Beta code. To correct the visual with the 2x AX86U units, installed the ASUS stock code on them. Some earlier appends on this topic.

Beta 4 is now available. Changes since beta 3:
Code:
0a4887aca6 Bumped version to beta 4
2896db0d70 Updated documentation
e484f7eb95 dropbear: disable DSS key support
865d4f39d5 rc: Fix the issue that option Enabling IPv4 Firewall Rules causes the entire LAN to be open over IPv6 (patch from Asus)

Updated to Beta 4 on AX88u from Beta 3, All looking good.

Thanks RMerlin :)

Dirty flash over beta3 on another AX88U. Looks good

@RMerlin I'm having some trouble getting DoT to work with the 388.1 betas but only with my dns-provider as far as I can tell, Quad9/Cloudflare etc seem to work. It used to work fine in 386.7. I have tried Dnsmasq and Stubby logging as you can see in the support thread at ControlD here:
ControlD Feedback

Any suggestions how I can troubleshoot this?
Any suggestions? Nobody uses ControlD as their DNS provider?

AX-88U flashed beta 4 dirty but with manual reboot (disconnect - reconnect power).
So far no problems seen.

AX58U Main and Mesh Units on BETA 4 Working good!

Configuration: RT-AX86u <---backhaul 2.5GB--> RT-AX86u

I have problems with the stability of the connection to the 5GHz band - especially frequent disconnections or WiFi slowdown without internet connection - applies to the phone, S22Ultra!
This issue occurs with firmware from 386.7....388.1 beta3. Firmware installation with hard reset. The best firmware for me is 386.5.2 - no problems (super stable 5GHz + 160MHz bandwidth!), full WiFi speed, fast and stable!

I have now installed beta4 and waiting for the results. What I see now (beta 4) no backhaul connection even though it works with the description of excellent quality!

I'm worried they'll have to stay with the older version 386.5.2 without the latest security updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!