What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello , Little test of latest beta from 386.7_2.

I have 2xAX86U, with 388.1 Beta 2 , I have little issue with mesh , connection is ok but on WebGUI I have "great" connection but with red alert.

I can't manage my mesh node with this issue (test with led on/off for example). I rollback to previous and all is ok now.

I will retry when RC or final. Thank you for your amazing work.

I have almost the same setup, only a Ax86s as node. In my experience running the latest Merlin beta on the router and latest stock on the node (both 388) gives the best stability. You can give it a try if you want.

I have GT-AX11000 working on AP mode ONLY using the normal radio wireless that all bands are turned ON in Wireless - Professional tab and wps, smart connect are OFF, I am not using even AiMesh. I don't have problems that when i use the wireless and i will not complain, but i see error and other thing i want to report it for you RMerlin. Maybe it will interest you.

When i connect a device straight after that i see this in system log appear right away

system log 1.jpg

The rest of the system log 1

The Rest 1.jpg

When i turn OFF the wireless device i see this even right away

system log 2.jpg

The rest of the system log 2

The Rest 2.jpg

The continuing....

After that this will appear

System log 3.jpg

The rest of system log 3

The Rest 3.jpg

That's it.

The first system log 1 spamming for every (11min to 30min) random.

The second system log 2 random.

The third system log 3 spamming for every (52min to 44min to 48min) random.

This happens for every device i connect to the router, it means every device having that same errors what i mentioned above. I don't know if i am the only one having that errors here, but it's good to report it and the firmware on 388.1 b2.

Sorry for the confusing.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Every week or so I get the following error and then lose internet, only a reboot fixes it.

Nov 19 22:29:49 dnsmasq[1988]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable
Nov 19 22:29:49 dnsmasq[1988]: failed to send packet: Resource temporarily unavailable

This is AX86S with Beta 2 installed. Any ideas?

An observation.

Using native dual stack, IPv4 & 6;

When Firewall > Basic Config > Enable IPv4 inbound firewall rules = Enabled (this is the default)
Then, an IPv6 port scan shows most ports as connection ‘refused’.

If Enable IPv4 inbound firewall rules = Disabled, then all ports are ‘Stealth’.
What site did you test this from?

AXE-16000 B2.

Just wanted to report an issue I just had.

After about 8+ days stable with no issues, I randomly started noticing a major reduction in wifi speed. Everything o nthe network was responding slowly. It just became very inconsistent.

When logging into the router, I noticed that the router GUI itself was also loading slowly. I didn't notice anything unusal in the logs.

I had Traffic Analyzer turned on this week as a test and decided to disable that. Doing so also triggered a reboot of the router and now everything is back to normal.

Not sure what caused it but more than likely the reboot resolved it. I cleared my log and will monitor for repeat issues.

EDIT:

What's the best logging setting to run for "Default message log level" and "Log only messages more urgent than"?

AXE-16000 B2.

Just wanted to report an issue I just had.

After about 8+ days stable with no issues, I randomly started noticing a major reduction in wifi speed. Everything o nthe network was responding slowly. It just became very inconsistent.

When logging into the router, I noticed that the router GUI itself was also loading slowly. I didn't notice anything unusal in the logs.

I had Traffic Analyzer turned on this week as a test and decided to disable that. Doing so also triggered a reboot of the router and now everything is back to normal.

Not sure what caused it but more than likely the reboot resolved it. I cleared my log and will monitor for repeat issues.

EDIT:

What's the best logging setting to run for "Default message log level" and "Log only messages more urgent than"?
‘Notice’
’Debug’

Appear to be the defaults.

I came out all ipv6 ports stealth on the chappell scan with ipv4 firewall enabled.
stealth.jpg

What's your result with this test on your ipv6 ip on any group ports?
Port Scanner - Scan Network Ports - WhatIsMyIP.com®

Mine came out "closed, incoming traffic denied".

Last edited:
I came out all ipv6 ports stealth on the chappell scan with ipv4 firewall enabled.
View attachment 45644

What's your result with this test on your ipv6 ip on any group ports?
Port Scanner - Scan Network Ports - WhatIsMyIP.com®

Mine came out "closed, incoming traffic denied".
Same here, using the site you suggested.

I always have the IPv4 firewall enabled.
Its disabling the ”Enable IPv4 inbound firewall rules” that turned everything from ‘refused’ to ‘stealth’.

Same here, using the site you suggested.

I always have the IPv4 firewall enabled.
Its disabling the ”Enable IPv4 inbound firewall rules” that turned everything from ‘refused’ to ‘stealth’.
I didn't disable the ipv4 firewall to get ipv6 scan stealthed but anyway refused/closed status is just fine it just responded that the requests were not valid.

RT-AX88U. Dirty flashed 388.1beta2 over 386.7_2 and while it fixed a problem with ntpd I was getting network dropouts and random reboots (crashlog was never even written) .
Since a nuclear reset its been nothing but stable. I've slowly added all my scripts back and it's still stable. Everything is as my siggie, let's see how long I'm grinning.

Beta 3 is now available. In addition to a few bug fixes, this beta also makes the switch to EC certificates for the self-signed certificates generated by the router. EC certificates are less resource-intensive (meaning faster https access on slower CPUs), but they require a browser from the last decade (so, no more WinXP or IE 6 support if you still want to use HTTPS).

Changes since beta 2:
Code:
a8d8f1d89c Updated documentation
cbf95d8d2c httpd: switch self-signed certificate from RSA to ECC
0343bed2b8 Merge branch 'master' of github.com:RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng
eed92b06e1 Merge pull request #824 from ikruglov/mssl_cert_key_match_with_ec
f8b7eefdee httpd: add support of elliptic curves in mssl_cert_key_match
79b4562413 rc: add wgserver-stop, wgserver-start, wgclient-stop and wgclient-start scripts
b5794650d8 rc: leverage already existing is_wg_enabled() function in hnd_nat_ac_init()
b2cc3b6d54 webui: ensure we show the main QoS page rather than the User Rules page when enabling Cake
1b334cdc92 rc: make hnd_nat_ac_init() aware of WireGuard state
933f4d74e6 Bumped revision to beta 3

Beta 3 seems ok and was the first to download it on the server and you're not always the first of the others, will help my sister in the future when it's quiet with them, have a good day

Hello RMerlin!
Excuse me?When will Fullcone NAT be back on HND 5.04 routers such as GT-AX6000?
Most likely never. Fullcone support in kernel 4.1 was developed by Broadcom, and their patch is no longer part of the 4.19 kernel SDK due to changes to the Netfilter implementation that aren't compatible. So unless Broadcom decide to write a new patch for 4.19, it's not coming back.

Another smooth and problem free update on RT-AX88u, From 388.1_beta2 (9 days 17 hours up time) to 388.1_beta3.

Thanks RMerlin :)

Status
Not open for further replies.