What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 is now available for all supported Wifi 6 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see this in some newer FW releases from Asus on some routers: Improved connection speed with Verizon FIOS.

Is this in the same revision you merge your changes with or is this fix with FIOS not in the "mainline" revisions you typically use. Thanks!

Yeah I'm the same on Verizon Fios (fiber optic internet) when I use merlin I have slow upload, with the latest stock I get upload speeds that I'm supposed to.

Patiently waiting for when ASUS includes it,
Which ASUS router do you have? I had a GT-AX11000 and now a XT12 and both have slow uploads capped to around 300 on wifi with FIOS. It seems ASUS is finally starting to address this on some routers as the ET12 got an update for it recently

Is this in the same revision you merge your changes with or is this fix with FIOS not in the "mainline" revisions you typically use. Thanks!
I have no idea in which version this change occured. It will also be applied to my code once I merge a newer GPL that includes that fix.

Just updated my RT-AX88U from 386.8 to 388.1 and the Ethernet Port info in the right hand System Status page is not showing connection information.

ports-not-showing-info.png

Just updated my RT-AX88U from 386.8 to 388.1 and the Ethernet Port info in the right hand System Status page is not showing connection information.

View attachment 46033
Please read the whole thread :)

you need to clear your browser cache to resolve this.

What we do with IPv6? Ignore logs, safe/unsafe, disable, something else?

Please read the whole thread :)

you need to clear your browser cache to resolve this.

Thanks that fixed it :)

Tho, I did prefer the previous layout of port info, this new one looks a bit amateur-ish.

Hello @RMerlin, if you consider writing a guide to wireguard client settings on the latest firmware, that would be great..

RT-AX86U dirty upgrade - all good.
May be worth including a note in the Change Log that AiMesh Nodes must run on Asus stock firmware for this model router.

I updated to 388.1 and immediately after updating the master AIMesh node I lost internet access for my guest network in the 2.4GHz radio. The devices were able to join the network just fine, they were just unable to exit to the internet. My setup is an AXE16000 as the main node and two AXE11000 satellites. The satellites however don't seem to care whether they are in 388.1 or the earlier release (although in 388.1 I also have the error message about not being able to communicate with AiMesh even though they actually can).

I rolled back all nodes to their previous working release (GT-AXE11000_386.7_2.zip and GT-AXE16000_386.8_0.zip), doing the master first. As soon as I downgraded the AXE16000 to 386.8, the guest network started allowing internet access again. No config changes whatsoever.
I just tried again. Did a factory reset of the AXE16000 and disconnected the AiMesh nodes. Just by itself, after factory reset and reloading the cfg file, the AXE16000 still refuses to pass any internet traffic on my 2.4ghz guest network. I proceeded to downgrade to 386.8 and after reboot, devices on the guest network started having internet access. So something was broken in 388.1

I just tried again. Did a factory reset of the AXE16000 and disconnected the AiMesh nodes. Just by itself, after factory reset and reloading the cfg file, the AXE16000 still refuses to pass any internet traffic on my 2.4ghz guest network. I proceeded to downgrade to 386.8 and after reboot, devices on the guest network started having internet access. So something was broken in 388.1

You didn't achieve anything by resetting to factory defaults and then reloading the config file. If you want to test 388.1 properly, flash it, reset the router, then do a minimal and manual configuration to secure it and connect to your ISP. Do not load saved config files. Do not insert any previously used USB drives set up with amtm and scripts.

Hi there,

Been running your firmware for ages on my RT-AX88U and have yesterday installed the latest 388.1

I think I've found a bug, and am not sure where to report it.

If I enble DNS Director I can no longer look at Addaptive QoS/Web History.. the front end hangs and eventually timesout...

Can anyone confirm if ths is an issue?

Thanks

After upgrading to 388.1 on my GT-AX6000 it appears that stubby/DoT isn't working correctly, at least for me. At first I thought it was the dns servers I was using, ControlD. So I tried Cloudflared and it does the same thing.

Can anyone else check and see if they are seeing the same thing? When I run stubby -l it fires up, but then just stops and I can no longer reach any websites. This happens on all the dns providers I try.

If I go back to 386.7_2, stubby -l is normal and everything works.

Here is what I see i.e. the startup but then it just stops, be it Cloudflared or ControlD, though I'm not sure it's much help:
Code:
/tmp/home/root# stubby -l
[00:09:38.538530] STUBBY: Read config from file /etc/stubby/stubby.yml
[00:09:38.539067] STUBBY: Stubby version: Stubby 0.4.2
[00:09:38.539345] STUBBY: DNSSEC Validation is OFF
[00:09:38.539499] STUBBY: Transport list is:
[00:09:38.539663] STUBBY:   - TLS
[00:09:38.539820] STUBBY: Privacy Usage Profile is Strict (Authentication required)
[00:09:38.539978] STUBBY: (NOTE a Strict Profile only applies when TLS is the ONLY transport!!)
[00:09:38.540130] STUBBY: Starting DAEMON....
[00:09:41.161291] STUBBY: 1.1.1.1                                  : Conn opened: TLS - Strict Profile

[00:09:41.161775] STUBBY: 1.0.0.1                                  : Conn opened: TLS - Strict Profile

[00:09:41.217731] STUBBY: 1.1.1.1                                  : Verify passed : TLS

[00:09:41.238027] STUBBY: 1.0.0.1                                  : Verify passed : TLS

[00:09:50.305566] STUBBY: 1.1.1.1                                  : Conn closed: TLS - Resps=     2, Timeouts  =     0, Curr_auth =Success, Keepalive(ms)=  9000

[00:09:50.305627] STUBBY: 1.1.1.1                                  : Upstream   : TLS - Resps=     2, Timeouts  =     0, Best_auth =Success

[00:09:50.305653] STUBBY: 1.1.1.1                                  : Upstream   : TLS - Conns=     1, Conn_fails=     0, Conn_shuts=      0, Backoffs     =     0

[00:09:50.398773] STUBBY: 1.0.0.1                                  : Conn closed: TLS - Resps=     2, Timeouts  =     0, Curr_auth =Success, Keepalive(ms)=  9000

[00:09:50.398831] STUBBY: 1.0.0.1                                  : Upstream   : TLS - Resps=     2, Timeouts  =     0, Best_auth =Success

[00:09:50.398859] STUBBY: 1.0.0.1                                  : Upstream   : TLS - Conns=     1, Conn_fails=     0, Conn_shuts=      0, Backoffs     =     0

Exact same thing happened to me using Quad9 DoT on my AX6000 after upgrading to 388.1
The issue only happens after a router reboot - no clients have DNS to access any websites but router itself can access internet for firmware upgrade check, DDNS client etc

I have had to disable DoT as a temporary measure until I can pinpoint the issue

DNS0001-00.jpg

Hi there,

Been running your firmware for ages on my RT-AX88U and have yesterday installed the latest 388.1

I think I've found a bug, and am not sure where to report it.

If I enble DNS Director I can no longer look at Addaptive QoS/Web History.. the front end hangs and eventually timesout...

Can anyone confirm if ths is an issue?

Thanks
Web history has some issues that Asus needs to fix, however, I'm uncertain if this problem is related. If you have done a reset to defaults and configured manual and minimum config, and it still happens, report it to Asus.

Best to disable Web History as it starts and stops at will, so it's useless.