What's new

av2 homeplug compatibility

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

moron+genius

Occasional Visitor
hi everyone i'm considering to use 2 different brands of av2 homeplugs (TP-link TL-WPA8730 & Sineoji PL1800EP) together as a same network. will there be compatibility issue? anyone has experience with mixed brand homeplugs to share? thanks.

Theoretically, it should work - ideally they're all from the same vendor...

Can't hurt to try and see what happens.

hi everyone i'm considering to use 2 different brands of av2 homeplugs (TP-link TL-WPA8730 & Sineoji PL1800EP) together as a same network. will there be compatibility issue? anyone has experience with mixed brand homeplugs to share? thanks.
We have found some differences in performance from brand to brand.

The most important thing is to make sure you are using the same class of product to get best performance. In particular, don't mix original AV 200 or AV500 with AV2 products.

thanks for the advice. the reason why i wanted to mix them is that i already have Sineoji and it works well. But i wanted to add a homeplug based AP to cover a wifi blind spot. Unfortunately Sineoji does not have such product so the choices are to mix brand or replace existing homeplug which is costly.
TP Link is AV2 1200 and Sineoji is AV2 1800, are they considered as same class? if they are indeed incompatible to work as 1 network, i hope i can form 2 separate networks with these homeplugs but again i'm worried they cause interference with each other and rendered one of them redundant. not sure i should proceed with this.

Manufacturers have played the same games with Homeplug "speeds" as they have with Wi-Fi. But as long as both are HomePlug AV2, you should be fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!