ax-88u 384.19 2.4 drops all clients and never reconnects

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

Brockp

Occasional Visitor
I'm running an AX-88U and I have noticed for a few weeks now that every so often all 2.4 clients are disconnected in the Wireless Log pannel and any 2.4 only devices (baby monitor, printer, etc) all cannot connect to the network even if restarted.

Nothing sticks out in logs, is there something I should look for? Anyone else have this issue? Looking around it appears a while back a number of ASUS firmwares had issues with this but nothing recent and I have had this router now for a while and only noticed this recently.

Thank You

Frankflash

I'm running an AX-88U and I have noticed for a few weeks now that every so often all 2.4 clients are disconnected in the Wireless Log pannel and any 2.4 only devices (baby monitor, printer, etc) all cannot connect to the network even if restarted.

Nothing sticks out in logs, is there something I should look for? Anyone else have this issue? Looking around it appears a while back a number of ASUS firmwares had issues with this but nothing recent and I have had this router now for a while and only noticed this recently.

Thank You

try 386.1 beta 5

ugandy

Very Senior Member
had similar problem (clients reconnected after reboot for a while), 384.18 was fine. 386.1 is fine too.
try 386.1b5 it is so good it's boring, on my ax88

Brockp

Occasional Visitor
Thanks loaded 386.1b5 last night this morning everything is still connected, though not sure how long it took to drop in the past.

Thanks!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
My Roomba has been connected to my RT-AX88U's 2.4 GHz for 112 hours now (which is about how long ago I last rebooted the router).