What's new

AX11000 - Merlin 386.5_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DarrylJ88

New Around Here
Hello, new here!

I picked up the AX11000 from Amazon a month or so ago, and instantly installed v. 386.5. Great...

My query is, I was getting a wireless link of 1.7/1.8 on the connection speed prior to updating to 386.5_2 and getting 900mb/sec via speed test... now it's stuck at 961mbps on the wireless speed link, and I'm getting around 700mbps speed, even when downgrading back to v386.5.

I mean it's not a big issue by any means!

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Darryl

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're doing an internet speed test? Can you get gigabit (~960Mbps) speeds when using an Ethernet connected client?

I'm assuming you're doing an internet speed test? Can you get gigabit (~960Mbps) speeds when using an Ethernet connected client?

The link is now back to what it was previously anyway on the newest fw, maybe it just takes time?

It's very hit and miss via speedtest though - via the internal LAN test on the router itself it doesn't go above 750Mbps, yet on wireless as below... around 15-20% higher. Mind you, I can't select the same provider as I can directly on Speedtest to compare.

1648896267589.png

1648896598385.png

1648896792669.png

Very good router though, my provider included Eero 6 & an eero 6 pro... and this router has better coverage with better speed.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!