What's new

AX86U LAN Link Aggregation: doesn't seem to be working?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The LAG group is assembled and everything works fine at first glance, but I am not getting a total speed of 2Gbps on clients connected to the TL-SG108PE from my NAS source connected to the Asus 86U 2.5Gb port. I only get 1Gbps speeds.

That's how it works - it's adding a lane to the highway, but the speed limit is still the same (bandwidth)

LAG doesn't make the cars go twice as fast, just allows more of them (capacity)

That's how it works - it's adding a lane to the highway, but the speed limit is still the same (bandwidth)

You're wrong. When I disable the port on 108PE, I see a drop in speed to 1 Gbps. When two ports are activated, the speed increases to 2 Gbps at the peak.

You're wrong. When I disable the port on 108PE, I see a drop in speed to 1 Gbps. When two ports are activated, the speed increases to 2 Gbps at the peak.

I'm absolutely correct - I say this as a recovering member of the IEEE 802 working group.

LACP increases the total throughput of the link (e.g capacity), but any one transfer cannot exceed the capacity of a single connection. For example, if you LAG one gigabit pipe and one fast ethernet pipe (100Mbps), you don't get 1.1Gbps, you get one gigabit still..

For more insight and info

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!