What's new

ax88u ipv6 configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kabouter Plop

Regular Contributor
How do i shutup my router to send out its own ipv6 dns and let pihole do the dhcp portion, for some reason 1 out of 10 times i am getting router dns instead of pihole dns, dhcp is turned off already, im pulling my hair out right now, setting dns of pihole in my router simply refuses to work router proceeds to decide that isp dns is best option instead giving me the finger, if been working on weeks pulling my hair out why things aren't working, i have pihole setup primarly for local dns but it keeps breaking and it is getting verry annoying along with lancache if pihole does not work then nothing works, thats the way things are in my network, turning off router advertisements completly disables ipv6 and does not resolve the issue makes it only worse, why should i have to disable ipv6 anyway just to make things work.

I found out about this when i turned on the dns debugger on my network bootloader that i have setup in docker.
1639265185172.png

Bassicly my router always ends with 1 my pihole dns is always ending with 1502
webadress is only local obviously my router does not know my local webadresses or my lancache setup

resolved by setting dns in wan but this makes wan unstable, i have no idea why its using wan dns to forward instead of the dns if set in ipv6 only, its bassicly dropping out wan fully just cos of dns being set in wan