What's new

Ax89x disappointed, I need a solution…

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sciack

New Around Here
Hi there,

so after spending a lot of money believing that ax89x would be a nice ‘solution’ for my network, already consisting of 2 zenwifi ax xt8, I’m very disappointe. The ax89x ai mesh is not at par with the xt8. It is inferior. It is still running I guess aimesh 1.0. i tried to use ac89x as main router and zenwifi as aimesh nodes, it works but not as good as xt8 as main router, I can go into details if asked.

So now, I set one xt8 as main router which is great and the other xt8 and the ax89x as aimesh nodes. Now what I need, and that’s why I purchased the ax89x is to connect my qnap with a 10g Ethernet to handle my music and time machines much faster. I also have ordered a Mac mini m1 with 10g port I would like to connect to my ax89x. I am asking what kind of setup Is preferred to use my qnap and Mac mini with 10g and at the same time xt8 as main router? I was thinking to use the ax89x as media bridge mode while xt8 is still the main router. And connecting macmini and qnap via 10g to ax89x. And ax89x wirelessly connected to xt8. Or maybe I should connect ax89x via 2.5G to the xt8?

im not sure… thanks for your ideas in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!