What's new

Hello, in need of opinion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Th3ory

New Around Here
Hopefully this is in the correct subforum.

I have vyve Broadband cable internet, I use a G34 in docsis 3.1 as a gateway in bridge mode into my GT-AX6000 router, then wired cat6 into my gaming pc. It seems I have high ping and jitter when I do a Diagnostic test to google.com

When i see other peoples test, i see many subpar 10ms times and very very low jitter. Should I look into a different ISP provider, perhaps a local in town provider?

1699564658190.png

That seems typical since you’re using a cable modem. For lower ping, you’d need to go to a fiber solution.

Have you talked to neighbours and/or work colleagues to see if any of them can replicate what you are seeing? Changing ISPs, just to see if anything improves seems to be a potentially expensive chance.

Have you talked to neighbours and/or work colleagues to see if any of them can replicate what you are seeing? Changing ISPs, just to see if anything improves seems to be a potentially expensive chance.
Unfortunately, I live in a neighborhood with mostly older people who don't care much about internet speed or performance. I have asked around with family and friends and I get the same response, "it's good enough for streaming." While I enjoy competitive gaming and desire the lowest possible latency, I'm learning most other people don't even realize or care about latency. I was thinking of going to the local Cable provider in my town and asking them Stright forward about their services, just hope the people at the front desk understand my questions regarding CG-Nat , latency, ect.

Hopefully this is in the correct subforum.

I have vyve Broadband cable internet, I use a G34 in docsis 3.1 as a gateway in bridge mode into my GT-AX6000 router, then wired cat6 into my gaming pc. It seems I have high ping and jitter when I do a Diagnostic test to google.com

When i see other peoples test, i see many subpar 10ms times and very very low jitter. Should I look into a different ISP provider, perhaps a local in town provider?

View attachment 54053
You should also consider pinging other targets for comparison. Especially if you know any associated with the games you play. For example, I am confident there are plenty of people who have undesirable latency when connecting with their game servers, but have no trouble with Google services(e.g. streaming.)