What's new

AX92U - slow internet speedtest after upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK, I eventually managed to downgrade yesterday. I have two AX92U units (one is router and one is a node) and a AX58U as a node also.
I have a total of 37 devices connected across the mesh.
My AX92Us are both on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_40451
The AX58U is on 3.0.0.4.384_10177
Smart connect is off on all channels

I'm still getting drop outs using the above setup. I have literally just turned off AX mode only on the 5_2 channel and moved that to mixed.
The 5_1 channel is also mixed
The 2.4 channel is auto

I've noticed that some of my nest cameras (one in particular) is dropping wifi connection very frequently. Although the camera is about 15 foot from the AX92u node (on the first floor) it will not connect to it and decides to connect to the main router (a good 50/60 foot away) or the AX58u which is even further away. I seem to seeing this quite a lot in terms of other devices, hence why we are seeing many disconnections of the wifi..

Have I missed something here? or, do i need to drop back to another firmware the 9177 seems popular.

Final question.
I had a mare getting my units to downgrade yesterday. I did the WPS reset but it never worked on the two AX92u units. I even did the full factory reset (10 second hold on the reset button) but again, this was hit and miss and just wouldn't allow the downgrade, it kept saying unsuccessful within a few seconds of uploading the file. If anyone has any other pointers, I would happily accept them to save hours of messing around.

Thanks

Forgot to mention I couldn't downgrade from 41535 to 40451 it was either stuck on "applying settings" or it said "firmware upgrade unsuccessful" . Although I was able to downgrade directly to 49177 from 41535 . So if you are still having problems maybe upgrade back to the 41535 and downgrade to 49177 , that's how it worked for me without doing any hard reset or anything and everything works perfectly all the devices are connected and logs show no drops. I was on the 49177 since it came out and I was on it for a lot of months so it's tested firmware.

A reply from Asus. I've forwarded a link to the prominent threads here.

Dear Lee,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Support.

My name is Ni***** and we spoke last week about issues you're having with your ASUS router on the newer .386 line of firmware releases.

They can't advise which firmware version among the .386 releases would be best to use; nor can they provide an ETA as to when a new firmware fixing these bugs is expected.

Can you please reply to this email with all of the information you've collected about the issue and I'll forward it to Level 2.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
Ni*******
Asus Customer Service
Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com

41700 has released and the speed is EVEN slower now lol.. this is ridiculous and laughable... I'm capped at 16 MB/sec or 130mb/sec .. Wow.

Bought myself a set of RT-AX92U as a Christmas present, but I regret 1000 times. It has given me nothing but worries :confused::mad:
Now I will try to return it...this is definitely NOT what I expected for routers in this price segment.

A reply from Asus. I've forwarded a link to the prominent threads here.

Dear Lee,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Support.

My name is Ni***** and we spoke last week about issues you're having with your ASUS router on the newer .386 line of firmware releases.

They can't advise which firmware version among the .386 releases would be best to use; nor can they provide an ETA as to when a new firmware fixing these bugs is expected.

Can you please reply to this email with all of the information you've collected about the issue and I'll forward it to Level 2.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
Ni*******
Asus Customer Service
Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com

I sent an email off to support also.. I just wanted to vent my frustration. I've copied their reply.. It's very evident they don't wish to be held accountable for this MASSIVE oversight of pushing an approved firmware out and then retracting it..I asked them to account for this action, why / how this happened and more importantly, why are they now denying it happened. Anyway, they clearly don't want to answer those questions.....

Dear Sir/madam

Thank you for your email.

Can you please provide the below – so we can attempt to duplicate the issue?

*Model Name
Example: RT-AC5300

*Serial Number
Example: F7IAGG000111

*Firmware Version
Example: 3.0.0.4.384.20648

*MAC address
Example: 10-C3-7B-44-21-3E

*Hardware Version
Example: A6

*Problem:

*Settings
A copy of the configuration file after resetting the login to (admin/asus1234). Otherwise we cannot open it, you can change it back afterwards [Router GUI -> Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting -> Save]

*SYSLOG
A copy of the general system log file after the problem occurred. [Router GUI -> System Log -> General Log -> Save]

*Wi-Fi Log (for wireless connection cases)
A copy of the Wireless Log file after the problem occurred. [Router GUI -> System Log -> Wireless Log -> Copy/paste/save to a text file]

*Topology Form (User’s network environment, wireless card model, driver version, etc.) (if relevant)
May download and fill out the form here: (doc)

*List of the problems Failure rate (ex. 100%, 50%):

*Is the symptom the same each time? (If no, list all the symptoms)

*Name of the ISP and make/model of the modem
Example: BT/ Asus CM-32

Kind Regards,
Peter S.

ASUS UK Support team

41700 has released and the speed is EVEN slower now lol.. this is ridiculous and laughable... I'm capped at 16 MB/sec or 130mb/sec .. Wow.

Where are you finding this firmware? Do you have a link as it's not on the UK site for the AX92u

Where are you finding this firmware? Do you have a link as it's not on the UK site for the AX92u

I assumed it was out for the AX92U but I don't own one of those.. I am running a GT-AX11000 and RT-AC88U and that firmware released automatically through the firmware update function.. But the firmware problems don't just stop at the AX92U.. it seems whatever changes they made are happening across the board with the speed issues.

Firmware - 40451

All three channels were active ..., but I did not logged on (exclude from the router), tried several times to log in manually by loading the password again. Restarted routes again, everything ok. Went to the log, found that routers had fatal crash January 21 11:53

Firmware – 9177

Decided to downgrade to – 9177, so far so good.

Still on 41535. Because of Corona in my cerebellum I lost my balance. Can’t get physical access to my main router at the moment. Does anybody know when a new firmware is available?

Firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41712 has been released, this may also help with issues being experienced.
Where did you find this? It's not on the AX92u site.

My Router is awaiting an upgrade with that version showing as the firmware that will be downloaded and upgraded
My bad, I found it.

It wouldn't load the release notes for me. If yours shows could you paste them here?

Sure here you go :

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_41712
- Release Note -

[Known issue]
If your RT-AX92U firmware was 3.0.0.4.386.41535, please use ASUS Router App or the firmware check button in Web GUI to upgrade firmware.
Manually upload the firmware from 386.41535 to 386.41712 might not be successful.
Other versions before 386.41535 do not have this issue.

1. AiMesh 2.0
- System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
- System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, and all bands can release for wireless clients.
- System factory default and reboot.
- Client device reconnect, make the device offline and online again.
- Client device binding to specific AP.
- Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware)
- Access nodes USB application.

Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044184

How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

2. New Family interface in ASUS router App.
ASUS Router App for iOS must greater than iOS v1.0.0.5.75
Android version greater than v1.0.0.5.74

3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server.
The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

5. 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings on the network map could modify in the same tab.

6. Captcha for login can be disabled in the administration -> system.

7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

8. Clients who connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map --> view list --> interface

9. Fixed Let's Encrypt issue.

10. Added IPTV supports for a specific region.

11. Fixed the throughput issue.

Sure here you go :

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_41712
- Release Note -

[Known issue]
If your RT-AX92U firmware was 3.0.0.4.386.41535, please use ASUS Router App or the firmware check button in Web GUI to upgrade firmware.
Manually upload the firmware from 386.41535 to 386.41712 might not be successful.
Other versions before 386.41535 do not have this issue.

1. AiMesh 2.0
- System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
- System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, and all bands can release for wireless clients.
- System factory default and reboot.
- Client device reconnect, make the device offline and online again.
- Client device binding to specific AP.
- Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware)
- Access nodes USB application.

Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044184

How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

2. New Family interface in ASUS router App.
ASUS Router App for iOS must greater than iOS v1.0.0.5.75
Android version greater than v1.0.0.5.74

3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server.
The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

5. 2.4GHz and 5GHz settings on the network map could modify in the same tab.

6. Captcha for login can be disabled in the administration -> system.

7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

8. Clients who connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map --> view list --> interface

9. Fixed Let's Encrypt issue.

10. Added IPTV supports for a specific region.

11. Fixed the throughput issue.

No mention of the kernel crashes being fixed.

I’m sorry but I can’t find it either would you mind posting a direct link to Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_41712

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!