What's new

Best setup for RT-AX88U/AX58U/AC88U/AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for this. The issues I’ve seen with 7756 and 7968 is with AX clients that slow to a crawl. Disable / re-enable WiFi - then it works for a few hours.

I don't have any AX clients, just AC and N.

If things slow after a certain time then the first thing I would do is make sure that channel is set to a fixed one, avoid DFS channels, and limit the 5 GHz band to 80 MHz (as 160 MHz requires way too much bandwidth, meaning the chances of conflicting with other local Wifi APs is very high, in addition to requiring the use of DFS channel space).

I called Asus and they did have me pick a fixed channel and frequency for both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands. I don't recall them having me turn off the DFS channel option nor the airtime fairness option. It worked good but every once in awhile its still slowing down to crawl. But I only really notice it when I've been gaming for awhile. I'll disable it tonight and see if that helps.

I recommend the 'best practice' suggestions of all members of this forum (past and present) that I've tried to collect in the links below.

Reactions: #TY

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!