What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just reboot the router
Yes, did that. I also had to reboot my modem. Modem first, then Router. Normally don't have to do that ever.
Pic after Router Reboot
reboot.PNG

Pic after Modem, then Router reboot. The Core1 and Core2 are like a seesaw, one goes up, other goes down. No traffic on network either which is accurate (16kb down and 4kb up).
I think I am going to have to go to 381.1? That one is stable, right? As long as it has VPN rules, I am good. That has been awesome for me!!
I am only posting this stuff because I thought maybe it would help someone troubleshoot the beta version.
reboot2.PNG

Two test builds have been added to the Test Builds folder (they're not "official" betas):

RT-AC86U 382.2 Beta 3: should fix the QoS stats issues for that model

RT-AC3200 382.3 alpha 1: early test builds for that model, based on GPL 382_19466.

Two test builds have been added to the Test Builds folder (they're not "official" betas):

RT-AC3200 382.3 alpha 1: early test builds for that model, based on GPL 382_19466.

I can confirm QOS statistics is ok now with this beta on RT-AC86U. Thanks Merlin

@RMarlin

382.2-Alpha & beta1&2 AiCloud Error

router model RT-AC86U AiCloud app does NOT connect, same results on the alpha releases. Had to roll back to version 382.1_2 Stable to use AiCloud.

Thanks Eric .

Flashed the alpha to my AC3200 just now, no issues installing the firmware.

Everything looks good so far. Will see if anything breaks over the next few days.

router model RT-AC86U AiCloud app does NOT connect, same results on the alpha releases. Had to roll back to version 382.1_2 Stable to use AiCloud.

That's fixed in the unofficial beta 3 I posted yesterday.

Thanks Eric .

Flashed the alpha to my AC3200 just now, no issues installing the firmware.

Everything looks good so far. Will see if anything breaks over the next few days.

I also flashed the current .382 alpha on my RT-Ac3200 and am not noticing any issues so far. Seems to be more robust. Will report problems if they arise.

What's the checksum for the 86U build?

No idea, I didn't generate one - it was a straight compile, I didn't use the complete build-release script that generates the checksums. I used that build to test on my own router, then decided to copy it to Onedrive as it seemed stable.

Yes, did that. I also had to reboot my modem. Modem first, then Router. Normally don't have to do that ever.
Pic after Router Reboot
View attachment 11514
Pic after Modem, then Router reboot. The Core1 and Core2 are like a seesaw, one goes up, other goes down. No traffic on network either which is accurate (16kb down and 4kb up).
I think I am going to have to go to 381.1? That one is stable, right? As long as it has VPN rules, I am good. That has been awesome for me!!
I am only posting this stuff because I thought maybe it would help someone troubleshoot the beta version.
View attachment 11515
have you tested a factory reset?

AC86U with beta 3 working fine along with absolution and Skynet. No QOS. No VPN (yet). Thanks Merlin!

Check your error message, that's how I figured it was caused by an extension.

That's a /24, which is fine.

Check your DHCP list that you don't have any unusual/invalid hostname. A valid hostname should only contain digits, letters, dash or underscore characters.

You are using a DFS channel, and there's some activity on that channel that requires your router to check to determine if it's a radar signal (in which case it must free up the channel). Use a non DFS channel if you get too many of these (36-48).

I tried to do a factory reset and started from scratch again. This time I only entered less than 20 clients but the problem remained (no javascript error observed on Development Tools tab). Tried Firefox and Chrome both in regular and incognito modes. Official give up and wait for the next release :/

PNwxvUq.png

I don't know if was my 1 month uptime, but after this update web browsing is very snappy both wired and wireless.

It's like I'm getting quicker dns response or something. The overall latency after I click and I link and the website comes in is decreased.

If anyone knows a benchmark to test website load latency over a larger sample, like 100 website loads, please inform.

This would be an interesting benchmark. It feels like all my web browsing clients got a CPU update.

New 382.3 alpha 1 test builds uploaded to the Test Builds folder:

RT-AC3200 (based on GPL 382_19466 code + binary blobs)
RT-AC68U (based on GPL 382_19466 code + 382_19333 binary blobs - hopefully fixes some of the Trend Micro-related issues)

After installing RT-AC88U_382.1_2, RT-AC88U_382.2_beta1 and RT-AC88U_382.2_beta2 I've been constantly experiencing a drop in the speed at certain times. Like from 50Mbps to 30Mbps. This happens with wired and wireless clients.
I can see a fix (I guess is for that issue) in 3.0.0.4.384.10007 - Fixed NAT throughput drop issue.
Hopefully that fix will be in your code soon. It's very annoying to suddenly not be running at full speed on my AC88U and having to restart it to work properly until it stops working again randomly.
Thanks for all your work RMerlin.

Hopefully that fix will be in your code soon.

That won't be anytime soon, as Asus has yet to release any source code for 384_10007.

The fix Asus is referring to there is for PPPoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!