What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's how Asus has designed the networkmap - any change will restart the entire networking subsystem.
It seems networkmap restarts QOS crudely while if QOS service was started from ssh manually, it starts properly without errors.

Last edited:
Network Sevices Filter isn’t working for me at all since upgrading to 382.2 beta 2. Trying to remove internet access for several devices on my network assigned with dhcp static ips: including home printer and NAS. Is this a bug? It doesn’t seem possible after everything I’ve tried for hours. My printer gets internet access no matter what I do. Can someone suggest settings?

I have a problem with dns resolution and I don't know how to fix that.. Since some days I can't get the ip of "web.de" over my asus router:

Code:
C:\Users\Michael>nslookup web.de
Server:  RT-AC88U-DDF0.home
Address:  192.168.1.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Zeitüberschreitung bei Anforderung an RT-AC88U-DDF0.home

If I am using directly the also in the router adjusted google dns, its working:

Code:
C:\Users\Michael>nslookup web.de 8.8.8.8
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

Nicht autorisierende Antwort:
Name:    web.de
Addresses:  82.165.230.17

Config is like:
LAN:
- No DNSs Servers
- Adverstise router's UP in addition to userspecified DNS: YES
- Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS: NO
- Enable DNSSEC support: YES

Code:
Jan 12 20:39:32 dnsmasq[768]: using nameserver 8.8.4.4#53
Jan 12 20:39:32 dnsmasq[768]: using nameserver 8.8.8.8#53

I can't see anything blocked in the systemlog.. Nothing unusual in hosts and hosts.dnsmasq too.. Skynet is disabled too :)

EDIT: Just found out that I have the same problem with "highcharts.com"

EDIT2: I found the reason.. Enable DNSSEC support causes these two dns querys to fail. Whats causing that?!

Last edited:
Why do some people expect results now. Like Merlin is just sitting there waiting to please all the forum mongers with a new release. People news flash the guy has a day job that comes first,bills need to be paid, food needs to be bought. Just saying.. :eek:o_O;):)
Exactly man leave Eric alone he will and has worked hard on this project. Results will be discussed soon. Lets not somehow piss him off please.

Anyone having very very slow wan speeds over wifi since the new 382 release. I have the AC68 and have tried 2.5/5ghz and cannot get more than 5mbit speed tests. If I hard wire it maxes my connection. My office is 10 feet from the router. I have even tried a complete factory reset, another weird thing is I used to use the same password for both wifi bands yet now I have to make the 2.4ghz pass different otherwise it won't let me connect.

Anyone having very very slow wan speeds over wifi since the new 382 release. I have the AC68 and have tried 2.5/5ghz and cannot get more than 5mbit speed tests. If I hard wire it maxes my connection. My office is 10 feet from the router. I have even tried a complete factory reset, another weird thing is I used to use the same password for both wifi bands yet now I have to make the 2.4ghz pass different otherwise it won't let me connect.
Do another factory reset using the button on back of your router. Believe it or not a reset can go wrong.

Do another factory reset using the button on back of your router. Believe it or not a reset can go wrong.

Okay I'll try it that way next as of now I can't even get an IP over the 2.4ghz band and the CPU cores are going bonkers, might explain why just accessing the router page is so slow. I just rest back to the 3.80 fw, still slow. Going to do the hard reset now

I think the router may be faulty at this point. I mean I own 4 of them, 3 in one house and another in my apartment where I live part time. I reset from the hardware, even went to the latest asus official firmware. If I hardwire sometimes I will I get max speeds(20mbit where I am currently). Then over wifi either band will max out after a refresh reset then after a few minutes it starts to throttle down on every speed test. Reboot again speed improves a bit then comes to a crawl. I've never seen anything like this in all my years of messing with routers.

Why do some people expect results now. Like Merlin is just sitting there waiting to please all the forum mongers with a new release. People news flash the guy has a day job that comes first,bills need to be paid, food needs to be bought. Just saying.. :eek:o_O;):)
nicely said.

Merlin thank you so much for all your efforts.

EDIT2: I found the reason.. Enable DNSSEC support causes these two dns querys to fail. Whats causing that?!

Resolves fine for me. Make sure your upstream DNS servers do support DNSSEC, and double check your router's clock.

It seems networkmap restarts QOS crudely while if QOS service was started from ssh manually, it starts properly without errors.

It restarts the entire network stack, not just QoS.

I just uploaded an RT-AC56U 382.3 alpha Frankenbuild to the Test Builds folder. This build uses:

- Binary blobs from 382_18991 (the only 382 GPL for RT-AC56U so far)
- Trend Micro code from 382_19333 (RT-AC68U's)
- GPL code from 382_19466 (RT-AC3200's)

The 18991 blobs seem compatible with 19466 (and the 19333 Trend Micro code as well). Please test this out, especially wifi, AiProtection and Adaptive QoS. Based on test results, this will help me determine a plan regarding the fact that I'm currently juggling with three different GPL releases at the same time.

I just uploaded an RT-AC56U 382.3 alpha Frankenbuild to the Test Builds folder.
<snip>
Interesting, will give it a try. I really wish ASUS releases a new gpl version for the AC56U though, the PPPoE users are still screwed with low speed without a new ctf module.

Interesting, will give it a try. I really wish ASUS releases a new gpl version for the AC56U though, the PPPoE users are still screwed with low speed without a new ctf module.

The CTF is identical for RT-AC56U and RT-AC68U, so a newer RT-AC68U version could be reused. There is probably also some kernel-level bits related, that can also be easily merged. And a few SDK files from src-rt-6.x.4708.

Potentially, it might be possible then to backport the RT-AC68U fix from 384_10007, as I doubt the fix would be within any closed-source piece (except ctf.o, which is model-independent).

The CTF is identical for RT-AC56U and RT-AC68U, so a newer RT-AC68U version could be reused. There is probably also some kernel-level bits related, that can also be easily merged. And a few SDK files from src-rt-6.x.4708.

Potentially, it might be possible then to backport the RT-AC68U fix from 384_10007, as I doubt the fix would be within any closed-source piece (except ctf.o, which is model-independent).
Here's to frankenbuilds then! I remember the 1st such build I tried, was again an RT-AC56U with binaries from the 68U in order to use the new-then Adaptive QoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!