What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After update and reset, this message appears several times:
Code:
Dec 30 16:38:29 odhcp6c[11023]: Server returned IA_PD status 3 (Who are you? Do I know you?)
Dec 30 16:38:31 dnsmasq[21388]: warning: no upstream servers configured
Dec 30 16:38:46 dnsmasq[21413]: warning: no upstream servers configured
Dec 30 17:08:34 odhcp6c[11023]: Server returned IA_PD status 3 (Who are you? Do I know you?)
Dec 30 17:08:36 dnsmasq[23103]: warning: no upstream servers configured
Dec 30 17:08:50 dnsmasq[23116]: warning: no upstream servers configured
Dec 30 17:38:38 odhcp6c[11023]: Server returned IA_PD status 3 (Who are you? Do I know you?)
Dec 30 17:38:41 dnsmasq[24857]: warning: no upstream servers configured
Dec 30 17:38:54 dnsmasq[24874]: warning: no upstream servers configured
Dec 30 18:08:43 odhcp6c[11023]: Server returned IA_PD status 3 (Who are you? Do I know
Edit:
Solved.
Switched off the DHCP in the modem and assigned a fixed IP in the 88U.

Edit 2:
Unfortunately not solved. Warning message will now return.

Last edited:
the Let's Encrypt is only applicable is we allow access of GUI via WAN?

By the way, upgrade from 380.69 to 382.2.beta1. dirty flash (did a reboot first).

Ab-solution, Dnscrypt, Skynet all in place.

Issue - Wireless page GUI can't display properly. Restart router, clear cache, change browser, change PC, all cannot. Likely due to dirty flash? the new firmware update icon is flashing?Maybe beta?

Thank you.

Last edited:
About the Let's Encrypt feature, does it work with custom DNS or only with the Asus provided service? I didn't manage to make it work with my custom DDNS.

Thanks for your hard work as usual @RMerlin

I spotted some qos related log entries on my RT-AC68U which don't look good when I turn on QoS or then reboot with QoS turned on. I saw it before I switched to fq_codel and have done a factory reset after the upgrade:

Code:
Dec 30 16:37:22 rc_service: httpd 276:notify_rc restart_qos;restart_firewall
Dec 30 16:37:24 kernel: Ebtables v2.0 registered
Dec 30 16:37:26 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Dec 30 16:37:26 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
Dec 30 16:37:26 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Dec 30 16:37:26 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
Dec 30 16:37:27 miniupnpd[1602]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Dec 30 16:37:27 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)
Dec 30 16:37:27 miniupnpd[1831]: HTTP listening on port 56543
Dec 30 16:37:27 miniupnpd[1831]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351
Dec 30 16:38:40 miniupnpd[1831]: upnp_event_process_notify: connect(192.168.1.80:2869): Connection timed out
Dec 30 16:38:40 miniupnpd[1831]: upnp_event_process_notify: connect(192.168.1.80:2869): Connection timed out
Dec 30 16:41:50 rc_service: httpd 276:notify_rc restart_qos;restart_firewall
Dec 30 16:41:52 qos: Applying codel patch

I see these QOS logs still with Beta1.

After a reboot
Code:
Dec 30 11:48:22 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3356] qos_ops is not registered!
Dec 30 11:48:22 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

After manually stopping(off) then restarting(on) QOS
Code:
Dec 30 11:51:24 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Dec 30 11:51:24 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Dec 30 11:51:24 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Dec 30 11:51:24 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Dec 30 11:51:24 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!

RT-AC68P

Just to add - after a reboot my QoS wasn't working well. See the test results which gave buffer bloat score of C
27576776.png

But if I toggle QoS off then on again I get a good result
27577008.png

The restart of the QoS generated the following in the log
Code:
Dec 30 17:11:11 rc_service: httpd 296:notify_rc restart_qos;restart_firewall
Dec 30 17:11:31 kernel: ERR[parse_qos_conf:932] Can't set new QoS conf while QoS is started!
Dec 30 17:11:31 kernel: ERR[ioctl_iqos_op_config:3592] parse qos_conf error!!
Dec 30 17:11:31 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_config() fail!
Dec 30 17:11:31 kernel: ERR[qos_start:3344] QoS is already started!
Dec 30 17:11:31 kernel: ioctl_iqos_op_switch(1) fail!
Dec 30 17:11:31 miniupnpd[1317]: shutting down MiniUPnPd
Dec 30 17:11:31 nat: apply nat rules (/tmp/nat_rules_ppp0_eth0)
Dec 30 17:11:32 miniupnpd[1500]: HTTP listening on port 35810
Dec 30 17:11:32 miniupnpd[1500]: Listening for NAT-PMP/PCP traffic on port 5351

EDIT: I just tried another reboot and QoS is working fine afterwards. It looks like it might be an intermittent issue although I'm still seeing the errors in the logs.

Last edited:
Updated my RT-AC68U to the new Beta and everything it's ok.....but I want to know if in this firmware is implemented IPSEC and Let's Encrypt support for AC68U.Thanks

Only Let's Encrypt. I cannot enable IPSec on that model, because the closed-source components are incompatible with it. It will have to be enabled by Asus (so they can recompile the Tuxera drivers against the new kernel configuration).

Wireless Page is missing its menus top and left on AC56U, tested with FF and Edge.

Open your browser console, and look for any Javascript error preventing the UI from loading.

Trying this on my RT-AC56U, on the QoS Statistics (QoS_Stats.asp) page I get nothing on the upload section while it is normal for the download. Using the Adaptive QoS mode.

Try restarting the QoS service to see if it's an initialization problem (I've had it happen on occasion on my RT-AC88U, the bug appears to be in the Trend Micro code as the tc qdisc rules don't get properly generated at boot time):

Code:
service restart_qos

Is it known whether NVRAM Save R26.2 is compatible with this release or at least 382 in general. I will factory reset my RT-AC68U after upgrading but would prefer to bring my configuration forwards if compatible?

Some variables might be missing, but in general most of it should work for the RT-AC68U.

Thanks. Will 380 on a 66u work with 382 on a 1900P?

I don't understand your question. You're talking about two different firmwares AND two different routers here.

Network Map > System Status section is shifted to the left

Works for me. Clear your browser cache, as there's been numerous webui changes between 380 and 382. Cached CSSs need to be refreshed.

Network Map > Clients > View List page displays the list for a fraction of second then all clients disappear: "No data in table.". After 3 seconds all clients show up.

This is normal. Asus generates a networkmap refresh, so the old list will get cleared up, and gradually populated with up-to-date entries.

@RMerlin I restarted the QoS already, and tried disabling a QoS script I have too. No change that I could see. tc rules are generated from what I can see in the command line, which specific rules that page tries to read?

About the Let's Encrypt feature, does it work with custom DNS or only with the Asus provided service? I didn't manage to make it work with my custom DDNS.

No idea, I didn't do much testing on it. it's possible that it will require at the very least the use of one of the listed DDNS services (as the router needs to be able to tell Let's Encrypt what FQDN to use - something it cannot do if you are using dns-o-matic or a custom DDNS script).

I spotted some qos related log entries on my RT-AC68U which don't look good when I turn on QoS or then reboot with QoS turned on. I saw it before I switched to fq_codel and have done a factory reset after the upgrade:

These come from the closed source code. I think I've seen them in the stock firmware as well.

EDIT: I just tried another reboot and QoS is working fine afterwards. It looks like it might be an intermittent issue although I'm still seeing the errors in the logs.

I've seen this intermittent issue here as well, however I'm unable to reproduce it when I take the router off my Internet connection and try to reproduce it in a lab setup. I gave up on it as I've been unable to track down the source. Chances are it's a timing issue somewhere in the closed source code that sets up QoS.

@RMerlin I restarted the QoS already, and tried disabling a QoS script I have too. No change that I could see. tc rules are generated from what I can see in the command line, which specific rules that page tries to read?

Code:
tc -s class show dev br0

And

Code:
tc -s class show dev XXX

Where XXX is the primary WAN interface as returned by get_wan_ifname(wan_primary_ifunit()).

What WAN type are you using? Can you check which interface is used (beside br0) with:

Code:
tc qdisc show

These come from the closed source code. I think I've seen them in the stock firmware as well.

I've seen this intermittent issue here as well, however I'm unable to reproduce it when I take the router off my Internet connection and try to reproduce it in a lab setup. I gave up on it as I've been unable to track down the source. Chances are it's a timing issue somewhere in the closed source code that sets up QoS.
OK Thanks, I'll keep going and see how I get on

Another thing to note with QoS is that it can take up to a few minutes to be setup with the new Trend Micro engine (Asus even added a notice about it on the webui). Part of that is because the pattern file seem to take longer to get parsed to generate the app database, and also there are more rules generated in the traffic classifier, and Asus seems to avoid creating them in a big chunk, spacing creation a bit.

Open your browser console, and look for any Javascript error preventing the UI from loading.
Hi,
I have attached the screen shot for your reference. RT-AC68U with 382.2beta1 (Upgraded from 380.69)
https://prnt.sc/hu8zbz
I would like to ask if initialise factory reset via GUI. Can I load back the setting i saved during the 382.2beta1?

Thanks

Code:
tc -s class show dev br0

And

Code:
tc -s class show dev XXX

Where XXX is the primary WAN interface as returned by get_wan_ifname(wan_primary_ifunit()).

What WAN type are you using? Can you check which interface is used (beside br0) with:

Code:
tc qdisc show
OK, I can see rules on the br0 and eth0 interfaces, using PPPoE connection. I was using this setup with 380.89 too, the rules always go to eth0 regardless and it works. I am not pasting the results as there are way too much output. Where the upload stats are read from?

The first 382 version had the engine use ppp0 instead of eth0, which is why I switched to get_wan_ifname() in 382.1. Now if Asus reverted back to hardcoding it to eth0 for PPPoE, I might have to revert that change...

Anyone else with a PPPoE WAN that can confirm that their "tc qdisc" rules use eth0 and br0 rather than ppp0 and br0?

The first 382 version had the engine use ppp0 instead of eth0, which is why I switched to get_wan_ifname() in 382.1. Now if Asus reverted back to hardcoding it to eth0 for PPPoE, I might have to revert that change...

Anyone else with a PPPoE WAN that can confirm that their "tc qdisc" rules use eth0 and br0 rather than ppp0 and br0?
Hmm, I really don't know, all the versions of the DPI engine I used were always using the eth0 for the rules, so that sounds right. And the issue is with the display of the Upload stats, not the Download which do appear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!