What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is what I get from that command: https://pastebin.com/9pvf1qpJ

Nothing out of the ordinary there, unless I've mistakenly confused upload and download in my post - the issue you describe sound typical of the WAN interface used by Trend Micro being different than what returned by get_wan_ifname().

Hmm, I really don't know, all the versions of the DPI engine I used were always using the eth0 for the rules, so that sounds right.

That definitely wasn't the case with earlier 382 release from Asus. So they must have changed it back to the 380 behaviour.

Open your browser console, and look for any Javascript error preventing the UI from loading.
Code:
SyntaxError: missing } after property list  Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:344:30
ReferenceError: initial is not defined  Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1:1

Nothing out of the ordinary there, unless I've mistakenly confused upload and download in my post - the issue you describe sound typical of the WAN interface used by Trend Micro being different than what returned by get_wan_ifname().
This is what I see visually:

Code:
SyntaxError: missing } after property list  Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:344:30
ReferenceError: initial is not defined  Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1:1

What's on line 344? (it might not be the same for everyone depending on the dynamic data inserted at the start of the page).

Hi,
I have attached the screen shot for your reference. RT-AC68U with 382.2beta1 (Upgraded from 380.69)
https://prnt.sc/hu8zbz
I would like to ask if initialise factory reset via GUI. Can I load back the setting i saved during the 382.2beta1?

Thanks

Click on Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:342:68 in that console and post the content of lines 342 through 344.

Another hint I get from Chrome's console: from the ajax_gettcdata.asp requests I see the responses being like this:
Code:
var tcdata_lan_array = [
["11", "2212565", "0bit", "0pps"],
["10", "71746560", "872bit", "0pps"],
["13", "7547168", "0bit", "0pps"],
["12", "0", "0bit", "0pps"],
["15", "7222753", "2104bit", "1pps"],
["14", "451654957", "38528bit", "7pps"],
["17", "1870383", "344bit", "0pps"],
["16", "0", "0bit", "0pps"],
[]];
var tcdata_wan_array = [
[]];
;
So definitely it is not reading right the WAN interface stats.

Click on Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:342:68 in that console and post the content of lines 342 through 344.
My super long psk.. Think there is some highlight purple behind. the last is the keyboard cursor
https://prntscr.com/hu99wv

Due to the page error, i cant APPLY change to the password change.

So definitely it is not reading right the WAN interface stats.

Thanks. I will probably revert it back to hardcoded eth0, but just in case I sent an Email to the Asus engineer who works on QoS to see if he has a definitive answer (maybe there's a safe way to determine which WAN interface to use). I also asked at the same time about the random failure to setup QoS at boot time to see if it's a known issue, or something that's only broken on my side.

Don't use quotes in the passkey.
now i know... But how do i change it.. I can't apply change

Can I downgrade to 380.69, changed then upgrade back to 382.2?

now i know... But how do i change it.. I can't apply change

Can I downgrade to 380.69, changed then upgrade back to 382.2?

Code:
nvram set wl0_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram set wl1_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram commit

After that reload the webpage, and set it to a new passkey. Try to avoid using & ' " as some of these are likely to break the json array. Personally I recommend sticking to alphanumerics, and the following characters: !-_$#., are these are usually safe in Javascript strings, and they are more than sufficient to ensure a safe passphrase.

I hav
Code:
nvram set wl0_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram set wl1_wpa_psk="temporary"
nvram commit

After that reload the webpage, and set it to a new passkey. Try to avoid using & ' " as some of these are likely to break the json array. Personally I recommend sticking to alphanumerics, and the following characters: !-_$#., are these are usually safe in Javascript strings, and they are more than sufficient to ensure a safe passphrase.
Got it.. Thanks.. Back to normal...

Okay, had the same password before (380.69) and no problems. It is not ideal that this problems exists, right? But for now I will change the password, thx Merlin.

Okay, had the same password before and no problems

Asus probably weren't using JSON to output the PSK to the webui in 380, so the single quote was working properly. In 382 it won't.

I even can't change the PSK for the 2,4 GHz now. For 5 GHz I can but it doesn't solve the problem. Now I have to use the factory defaults, hope this will help. Maybe there is something other broken then the PSK... I will report.

Changing the password in the wizard after loading factory defaults to an easier one (from 63 random printable ASCII characters to 63 random alpha-numeric characters) did help. And before someone ask, yes I had already loaded the defaults values after I upgraded the Firmware. ;)

Last edited:
The first 382 version had the engine use ppp0 instead of eth0, which is why I switched to get_wan_ifname() in 382.1. Now if Asus reverted back to hardcoding it to eth0 for PPPoE, I might have to revert that change...

Anyone else with a PPPoE WAN that can confirm that their "tc qdisc" rules use eth0 and br0 rather than ppp0 and br0?
I think I have eth0 but I'm not familiar with what I'm doing. Try this https://pastebin.com/ZTk5LDm2

I also don't see the Upload stats

Another thing to note with QoS is that it can take up to a few minutes to be setup with the new Trend Micro engine (Asus even added a notice about it on the webui). Part of that is because the pattern file seem to take longer to get parsed to generate the app database, and also there are more rules generated in the traffic classifier, and Asus seems to avoid creating them in a big chunk, spacing creation a bit.
You could well be right here. It does seem that my QoS is taking a while to initialise and maybe I was running my first test too soon. I've doubled my patience setting and seem to be getting much more consistent results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!