What's new

[Beta 382] Asuswrt-Merlin 382.2 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After upgrade to beta2 I checked problem with USB Huawei modem and problem not solved
Jan 7 14:07:11 kernel: option: `0x12d1 product=0x1506' invalid for parameter `vendor'
Jan 7 14:07:11 syslog: can't load module option (kernel/drivers/usb/option.ko): Invalid argument
I need run:
insmod usbserial vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1506
but after this I have many time the problem with pppd script:
Jan 7 14:07:50 pppd[3847]: pppd 2.4.7 started by piotr, uid 0
Jan 7 14:08:09 pppd[3847]: Connect script failed
and i need reset modem

There was a similar problem somewhere. The user mentioned that he had switched on some function (I do not remember) and it started working only when he switched it off and switched on again.

Anyway, this looks like an incorrect factory reset. Are you sure you did factory reset? It may not work to reset nvram via firmware. It is easiest to perform a reset with a command via Telnet or use the RESET button on the back panel of the router. For example:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/clear-nvram.7858/
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

I did a factory reset using the reset button. BTW, my issue is back (although don't think it ever went away). My LG phone occasionally gets full down/up speeds and other times gets less than 2mb. It is probably happening on my other phone.

Today I also noticed that my devices are getting dropped. Did reboots all around. Some came up, others did not. Then randomly others reconnected. I was pretty stable for first 3-4 days of 382.2 Beta. Now it seems things have gone a bit sideways.

I've just had to reboot my RT-AC68U having been up for over 4 days throughput suddenly died off. Download was at a max of around 8mbps with VERY high latency, and upload wasn't much better. I could see around 50Mb of free memory whereas I have around 100Mb after a reboot.

I use QoS (fq_codel) and AIProtection extensively but no wifi.

Just logging the issue for reference.

I am experiencing same exact things although I am using WIFI. It took 4 days too before I started having issues.

Unfortunately, I have to confirm the bug of the wireless time schedule. After I reset the NVRAM parameters and all seems to work, after some days the time schedule has been ignored and now I tried to reset again the NVRAM parameters, but the settings seems to not work anyway. Any other has the same issue or can replicate it?

Merlin,Please fix 382.2-Beta2 for AC68U.After some day ,the download transfer rate drops to low valuies!!In my case from 95Mbps to 20Mbps and to solve problem I need to reboot the router.Thanks

I found that during updating minidlna configuration via webgui (adding new folder to watch list) on ac68u, configuration is not saved when total number of characters of all watched folders is greater than 128 chars and is reported in log with following error message:
Code:
httpd: nvram_check fail: nvram dms_dir_x over length (174 > 128)
Number of watched folders is less than 10 (in my case 7)

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I see Version 3.0.0.4.384.10007 for my AC 86U but when I bought mine I never looked at the std firmware and instead immediately flashed to this Merlin one. So what I do not know is if the std Asus firmware has similar support for a Open VPN client, along with "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel ".
Even if the std firmware could only support one VPN client I might be tempted to test and report on its stability etc, but the VPN client support is very much needed.

Last edited:
Merlin,Please fix 382.2-Beta2 for AC68U.After some day ,the download transfer rate drops to low valuies!!In my case from 95Mbps to 20Mbps and to solve problem I need to reboot the router.Thanks

I've been running this version on my RT-AC68U for 6 days now and my downloads remain above 150 Mbps. (on a 150/10 plan). Is this in Wired or Wireless mode? I have wireless disabled in my configuration.

I've been running this version on my RT-AC68U for 6 days now and my downloads remain above 150 Mbps. (on a 150/10 plan). Is this in Wired or Wireless mode? I have wireless disabled in my configuration.

Do you enable ASUS AI Protection and turn QOS on?

I'm in wireless and wired mode with asus ai and QoS enabled.

In my case I have the same problem with Wi-fi disabled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you enable ASUS AI Protection and turn QOS on?

I have this issue with both enabled. Other reports in this thread seem consistent in that too so I suspect the issue might be lurking in that area.

What tests have you conducted to prove it is the router that is causing the issue?

I’ve not noted this on my router with performance appearing no different from the Alphas to the Betas.

I think I’ve found a bug in 382.2 b2 on my AC86U. After a couple days, my port forwards table goes blank, though I can still reach the ports that are supposed to be open. This is the second time I’ve seen it.

Attachments

• 1A6FBA4F-65AE-4753-9415-96EF171BB411.jpeg
    1A6FBA4F-65AE-4753-9415-96EF171BB411.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 517
I have this issue with both enabled. Other reports in this thread seem consistent in that too so I suspect the issue might be lurking in that area.

I have Wireless, AIP, but no QOS running. CPU's are maxed out, and RAM is up there. I think temperature might be up there too but I don't know what it should be. See pics.
temp2.PNG
temp.PNG
Capture.PNG

So what I do not know is if the std Asus firmware has similar support for a Open VPN client, along with "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel ".

They support OpenVPN clients, but with fewer configuration options, and no policy rules support.

They support OpenVPN clients, but with fewer configuration options, and no policy rules support.

Many thanks for that, appreciate your reply.

I could not manage without the policy rule support to separate tunnel and WAN traffic.

Thanks again for your good work.

EDIT: my iPhone 6 does connect to the OpenVPN server on my router; so a client error on my iPhone X instead... (i.e., not related to this firmware)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!