What's new

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outstanding stability @RMerlin this beta 3 is awesome!

Beta 3 is working fine for me too except AiProtection that don’t load correctly on router startup except if OpenVPN server 1 is disabled. I was searching for a solution without success but is probably something related to my ISP profile used for IPTV and VOIP “Movistar Triple VLAN” due to seem I’m the only one with this issue reproducible in every router reboot.
Everything else is working fine.

So you dont tried or read what i said ;).... "it can work for 1 day, but after that the trouble comes back and a reboot is necessary" :oops:

As every time Asus makes a big change in their firmwares, they break something else, I'm not surprised. I simply decided to buy a real brigde of another brand. 3 firmware later and the problem is still there.
So I doubt that they want(asus) to repair it, they are too bogged down in their mesh history.
i did read, when I said I did quick test, I should be more clear that i let it run for 2 day and switch back to aimesh. maybe it's not enouhg to trigger the issue you been experiencing.
I will run mediabridge a few day and see if it happens to me as well.
I mainly connect my ps4 via mediabridge and remote play on my pc . (some lag spike once a while, but it's the same with aimesh)
everything works just fine for me. Then I just continue to play with aimesh.
power cycle and reset often fix some weird issue that happens after major change in firmware.
it's always good practice to power cycle 30 sec and wps reset when switch between merlin / asus firmware and any major change in firmware code base.

I have weird issue with reinitialize, which will cause internet speed to drop to really poorly.
had happened to me twice, but I haven't yet to determine what cause it.
even had to solve the weird issue with power ccyle n wps reset

Last edited:
Yes , in the stock ASUS 384.20308, but not yet in the Merlin version...

But in the previous reply RMerlin implies (I think) that he'd have to port the 382 code for the AC87 into 384 to get it working?

"That's what I need to determine, whether the 382_5010 components can be used with the 384_20308 GPL code."

Media bridge seems to be messed up in Merlin firmware with the new 384 branch if you reset the router you want to use for media bridge and try to setup the media bridge again.

Not sure if it is because of aimesh or the new setup pages.

If you upgraded from 380 to 384 and do not reset the media bridge you will be OK but if you want or need to reset the media bridge then try to set it up again it will be all messed up.

On stock firmware we discussed it here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/aimesh-media-bridge.43247/#post-371104

If you reset to defaults and then try to setup media bridge it will end up turning on a guest radio and then try to use that for your bridge or so it seems.

Parent AP status on the bridge router will say disconnected instead of connected like it should be and trying to disable the guest that the setup turned on will fail.

Went back to 380.69.2 and media bridge works as intended.

Guest network on the bridge router is off in 380.

Any stock firmware before the aimesh versions has these same results in that before aimesh fine but after messed up if trying to setup media bridge.

@RMerlin : Do you think this is an issue in the setup pages?

I also experienced the same behavior in Beta 384_3 as well as the current Asus release, 384.20308. Once you configure the router to bridge mode, and reboot it, accessing the GUI by IP address brings up the setup wizard again, even though the router is connected, and wired clients pass data. I did not check to see if there was any Guest Networks activated by it. I went back to 380.69_2 and all is well, and works as intended.

I went back to 380.69_2 and all is well, and works as intended.
Same boat here o_O , sticking on 380.69 for my bridge,which works perfectly well since the beginning. But i will upgrade my main router 1900p to 384.3 final when release.
Problems are only with Bridge mode.

Is anybody experiencing increased memory usage over time? My memory usage goes up by about 1% a day.
After a reboot, memory on my RT-AC68U starts off at around 46%. After 5 days, it is up to 51%. Haven't left it long enough to see if it stabilizes, or if it keeps going up.
Wondering if this is normal behaviour, or a memory leak.

Is anybody experiencing increased memory usage over time? My memory usage goes up by about 1% a day.
After a reboot, memory on my RT-AC68U starts off at around 46%. After 5 days, it is up to 51%. Haven't left it long enough to see if it stabilizes, or if it keeps going up.
You shouldn't be concerned about such levels of RAM usage. My RT-AC68U typically runs 85-90% without consequence.

Traffic monitoring Logs are written to memory why not use the option to write them to USB disk or stick found under >General>Tools>Other Settings>Traffic Monitoring>Traffic History Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!