1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Beta 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 Beta is now available

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by RMerlin, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darcy

Darcy Senior Member

Major US retailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handyman likes this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

I think all I did was change Adaptive QoS mode from Customize to Media then apply. I might have changed it back to Custom afterward, I don't remember since this was on a development device.

4. snakebite3

snakebite3 Senior Member

Are those bugs in the official Asus firmware?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. ViRUS2k

ViRUS2k Occasional Visitor

this has probably been asked before in previous threads but i gather Rmerlin that AImesh will not be supported ever on the RT-AC88U

if it will be added later though thats great news :) though im sure i remember someone saying the source code was asus closed source ect.

6. bilboSNB

bilboSNB Senior Member

I cant get per device monitoring to show up on tools > other settings as I used to on previous firmwares.
    The data files are stored on an external usb but the option just wont show up.
    This is on an ac86u, is there some additional step I need to take? My subnet is 192.168.0.x

7. eastavin

eastavin Regular Contributor

I don't know. This is the thread for 384.3 beta 3 firmware which merges Asus GPL 384_10007. Perhaps someone running that Asus official code can compare if need be? I was noting them here mostly for those people keeping a list of things to investigate or fix. If this area of code is closed source then it would be in the official for sure.

8. Jason Mock

Jason Mock New Around Here

Love the work your doing Rmerlin!!!! I do have one issue that I've noticed since trying the 382 beta through to 384.3 beta 3. On my Asus AC-68P the Let's Encrypt certificate request gets stuch at "Updating...". Looking at the log, I'm seeing an invalid request response:

Feb 13 07:39:59 kernel: /usr/sbin/acme-client: https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-authz: bad HTTP: 400
    Feb 13 07:39:59 kernel: /usr/sbin/acme-client: transfer buffer: [{ "type": "urn:acme:error:malformed", "detail": "Error creating new authz :: DNS name does not have enough labels", "status": 400 }] (137 bytes)

If it's useful information, I'm currently using DDNS supplied by www.namecheap.com and I do not have wildcard enabled.

9. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

No idea what are the actual requirements for LE. Maybe they require the use of Asus's own DDNS.

10. snakebite3

snakebite3 Senior Member

That traffic analzyer bug has been there for a long time. I think the last build that worked correctly was 368.xx

11. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

LE requires a router supported ddns account (check ddns drop down on the ddns page) and an open https port then it works ok. I will advise it is buggy. I tried it and had all kinds of issues the most vital was httpd crashing.

12. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

Your ddns service is not listed in the supported ddns providers but there is a custom feature I have not tried.

13. John35

John35 New Around Here

Not wanting to be too much of a distraction but does this mean the AC87U is included in the 384 firmware? I ask as 382 only just came out so I wondered if it might be a long time, if ever.

14. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

That's what I need to determine, whether the 382_5010 components can be used with the 384_20308 GPL code.

15. visortgw

visortgw Senior Member

Yes , in the stock ASUS 384.20308, but not yet in the Merlin version...

16. Lotta Cox

Lotta Cox Regular Contributor

In the last few firmwares, my USB 3 speed has dropped from 95-100MBs to 55MB from PC to HD with big files. Verified with Networx speed meter too.
    Interference is off as usual. Did anything change in that area recently?

Edit: DL from router to PC 85MB/s
    UL to Router 56MB/s

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  17. bilboSNB

bilboSNB Senior Member

Okay it is not just my particular setup then, I can stop tinkering with it trying to get it to work.

18. skydreamer888

skydreamer888 Occasional Visitor

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/
    Please make sure your router can issue domain validation and certificate renewal via 80 port from the Internet.

19. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

Nice article but leaves out the security risks of turning on web access. Don't do it! Ever!

20. skydreamer888

skydreamer888 Occasional Visitor

You don't need to turn on web access, and I think web access from port 80 is no longer supported.

21. skeal

skeal Very Senior Member

Check out the article you posted it says to allow web access on 8443 :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!