What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just installed this version.
The Dual WAN port redirect bugs are still around. :(

Installed the Beta 2 on my RT-AC68U and the General log tab was filled with stuff going back to April 10 again. When I saved it, it was 280K. I saved the log before doing the upgrade and it was 5 K and the first item was Aug 1st.

I SSH into the router and noticed these files:
WAZm1lp.png

Looks like the General log tab was displaying the contents of both syslog.log and syslog.log-1. I cleared the General log in the GUI and both the syslog.log and syslog.log-1 files were erased.

I'll check the files before doing the next upgrade and see what happens.

Updated my RT-AC88U to 380.61 beta2 from 380.61 beta1, same problem of the previous update: I had to use a tftp client and forcing the firmware upload by it. I used the same procedure for all firmware uploads I did in the past and these are the very first times I face this problem

Very strange and risky IMHO

Updated my RT-AC68U from 380.61 beta1 to 380.61 beta 2.
No problems.
No difference from beta 1 (not using router's DLNA).

The client list was still empty.
Did a "reset to factory" , and manually reconfigured as before.
The client list is no longer empty.

Have used icons on static DHCP client list: Windows, Android phone, Android tablet, Linux. Entered all devices, even those not connected, but made sure not to edit the non-connected devices. Looks indeed like the problem with empty client list is somehow related to the icon/"new name" editing of non-connected devices. That was what I did last week, when the client list broke.

Pop-up names on icons in client list are slightly wrong.
- "android phone" on DHCP client list pops up as "Android device" on net client list
- "android tablet" on DHCP client list pops up as "Android device" on net client list
- "Windows" on DHCP client list pops up as "Xbox" on net client list

I am happy to live with it as it is now. Basic router function is very good now.

Another change I forgot to include in the changelog: Dropbear was upgraded to 2016.74, as this version should finally resolve the port forward issue introduced in 2015.68. Please confirm that it does work properly now, and that there is no regression introduced by the update.
I had seen this update and pulled it into my fork as well. I had a recreate method for the port forwarding issue via a socks proxy using an ssh tunnel which I finally got around to test and no longer fails....so that looks good. They also finally fixed the false syslog error when exiting from a winscp session.

i have a really weird problem with my 5G band. After fresh update and restore, or reboot then it will work just fine for a day or less and the lagging begin. Doesn't matter what firmware i have tried but nothing fix that problem! this is my second ac87u which i just received about 5 days ago after the first one i have to return because same problem with 5g band! greatly appreciated for any solutions

I have seen no issues yet with my AC5300, yet the only thing I can think of that is not working is the "site survey", both active/passive.

Now I do build my own firmware however, I cant see that causing this issue.

Does anyone else have this issue, or is it reported elsewhere?

Cheers

I have seen no issues yet with my AC5300, yet the only thing I can think of that is not working is the "site survey", both active/passive.
Site survey won't work if you have mac address filtering turned on....maybe?

Possible bug, currently now testing with my new RT-AC88U with .61b1
USB Application > Network Place (Samba) Share:
Enable Share > On >> RT-AC88U does not appear in Windows 10 Network Computers.
However...
Force as Master Browser > Yes >> RT-AC88U does appear in Windows 10 Network Computers...

I had the same thing, 380,58 worked perfectly , from 380.59 I had no router shown anywhere in Windows Network, even with Force MAster Browser applied . I tried the latest alphas and beta and it was the same unless I turned on UPNP which gave me my router in Network Infrastructure but nowhere else.

Worryingly I was seeing phones and computers on my network that do not belong to this household .
Last night I rebooted > reflashed beta1 ,made a factory reset and an nvram erase.

Having done that and added back all my settings everything is working as it should be ....... 2 minutes later Merlin posted beta 2 ))

Now running 380.61 beta 2 and all looks good.

These ASUS routers seem to get in a real mess with firmware updates unless you clear the memory and factory reset when there are a lot of code changes.

Updated my RT-AC66U from 380.61 beta1 to 380.61 beta 2. No (new) problems so far.

Updated my RT-AC68U from 380.61 beta1 to 380.61 beta 2.
No problems.
No difference from beta 1 (not using router's DLNA).

The client list was still empty.
Did a "reset to factory" , and manually reconfigured as before.
The client list is no longer empty.

Same issue with N66U. Client list is empty. I did a factory reset and restored settings, but it's still empty. No time this morning to manually reconfigure.

UPDATE: Did a factory reset and manually reconfigured. Client list is still blank running 380.61_beta2 on N66U.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!