What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.63 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I think the broken down GUI some of us experience is caused by "Authentication Method" set to HTTPS. When I set "Authentication Method" to HTTP I have no GUI problems.
That is not the case for me -- already http:...

UI is completely broken for RT-N66U, with any browser (for just http). I was very lucky that main page link with version number still works (after re-auth), so I am able to flash 380.62_1 which works nice.

Last edited:
I had a similar situation to vdemarco. The main GUI page was corrupted after updating my RT-N66R to 380.63 Beta 1 (see screenshot below). By clicking on the firmware version number (and re-authenticating), I was able to get to the Firmware Upgrade page of the GUI, and I was able to successfully revert to 380.63 Alpha 1.

FYI, I was able to upgrade my RT-AC68U without any issues.

View attachment 7579

I have the same problem on my RT-AC87U.

Came from Alpha 2 to Beta 1. Now back on Alpha 2 which is working fine.

Alpha 2 Main Page:
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 13.25.45.png

Beta 1 Main Page:
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 13.06.01.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just used mtd-write -i /path/to/file.trx -d linux && reboot

Is that the entire command-line equivalent of flashing new .trx through the web GUI, or are there other MTD partitions that also need updating?

Just trying to simplify things for me here too.
Thanks

mac.png

In the tools - Sysinfo, MAC address is not all I have!

Is that the entire command-line equivalent of flashing new .trx through the web GUI, or are there other MTD partitions that also need updating?

Just trying to simplify things for me here too.
Thanks
Yeah that is the entire comand-line equivalent.

Same GUI issue here!
Can't change to HTTP auth and can't downgrade it to the alpha build anymore! I tried visortgw method, but after uploading the alpha build, the beta is still there...

It looks like there are classifications that are not registering. This is the QOS chart classified by priority and "VOIP and instant messaging" and "others" are not registering(zero counts) after the initial hour and 53 minutes from not too busy 3 clients at this point which I know should have numbers already. All categories were working in the Alphas but not now.

RT-AC68P
Update: Now it seems "VOIP and Instant Messaging" is being populated but "others" is still showing zero(0). I know "others" is a category aside from all, just wondering what it is measuring?

Ac3200 upgraded and all looks good. I have noticed that DDNS no longer seems to update on an ip change, a manual apply on the DDNS page updates fine but doesn't seem to update on a change of IP address on the WAN.

I noticed the issue when my OpenVPN link seemed to fail when out and about and the problem always came back to wrong DDNS entry.

Same GUI issue here!
Can't change to HTTP auth and can't downgrade it to the alpha build anymore! I tried visortgw method, but after uploading the alpha build, the beta is still there...

I often have that problem, same firmware installed after uploading a new one. Using Safari works most times for me, then FireFox. Using Chrome seems to hardly ever work. No sure why that would make a difference or if it's just coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a single problem here on the latest code (Beta 1), I would suggest a HW RESET / Factory default after flashing for those reporting problems in order to evaluate if the problem is real or not (ex: nvram corruption).

Last edited:
I've been surfing all morning and checking back into router interface seems okay here
I use it pretty well vanilla no scripts set up or such

Indeed, I see alot people complaining about A, B or C problems and after a RESET all vanished, a try wouldn't hurt.

Indeed, I see alot people complaining about A, B or C problems and after a RESET all vanished, a try wouldn't hurt.
Is HTTPS auth also working for you? I made a factory reset and haven't changed back to HTTPS...

I only use HTTPS, do your setup manually as before and check if the problems are still there.

where do I find that please and also what should I have log messages to show default is debug. Thank you

Found it: Administration>system>Web Interface>Authentication method is HTTP

Under Administration / System (Advanced_System_Content.asp) and System Log (Main_LogStatus_Content.asp).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!